HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did ribs play tonight

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
superstar436

vCash: 500
Did ribs play tonight

I was working and listening to game at same time

Just a ? guys: did ribs play tonight?

I did not hear his name

Old
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
He was invisible, as usual.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
phil

he did and guess what... he didn't scored... it's been what now 30 games since he had a goal?... what a shame to call him our 2nd center

Old
01-11-2006, 11:38 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
He was in uniform...stepped on the ice a few times

However at no point did he play.

I could name a few more that didnt play either

Old
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Artyukhin*

rafeal = ribero

Old
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
BigTimer*

Yeah, but you wouldn't know it by watching the game.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem

I did not hear his name

funny how whom ever ends up as Ribs linemates seem to find a way not to produce?????

Need to go: Theodore Ribeiro Zednik Bonk

Wish list a puck moving D and 1st or 2nd line centre or
A left wing and a 1st or 2nd line centre.

What can a package of those 4 players bring Montreal?

Old
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Invisible but didn'T hurt his team. Actually saved the D's *** on a few play in the first and in the second.

He's slowly getting back to his old game. Stopped trying to hit people along the board, we all know he can't do that.

I wish he would strop trying to feed his winger all the time though. He really need to shoot more.

Would like to see him with Kost and Ryder next game. Ryder seems to be playing better also and both player had a nice streak going earlier.

The point aren't comming unfortunately, so no matter how he plays won't matter at all. Especially since he's never been physical.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
rafeal = ribero
Lol. That made me laugh... I needed that, thanks.

And by the way, to the starter of this thread: Did Ribs play tonight? Exactly, my friend... exactly. It's just too bad he's going to get traded at his lowest ever trade value.

Whatever.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
rafeal = ribero

Rafael skate way better than Ribs

Old
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Guy Caballero

Ribeiro's got to go...now.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Jakomyte

Honestly, I'm skeptical about the Kostitsyn-Ribeiro-Kovalev line. All three have some good talent, but they could also be accused of 'floating' a bit. I say put Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev together then move Higgins to the left of Ribeiro-Kostitsyn. Maybe putting a worker on the 2nd line would help...

Can't get much worse, can it?

Old
01-12-2006, 12:10 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Unfortunately Ribs did play. He didn't do anything though. Maybe its time to have Rafael fill in for Ribs

Old
01-12-2006, 12:11 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Ribeiro's got to go...now.
Julien as well

Old
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Rahan

I was sooooooo mad when he blew up that chance kostitsyn (i think it was him) created in the offensive zone. He only had to take a shot, he had a clear path to the net (maybe 5-6 meters away) but passed to Kovalev on the right. But of course, Kovalev was covered and missed his shot. What a dumb***, he can't ever do the right play.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

I can't wait for 71 to be a disconnected number.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio
He's slowly getting back to his old game. Stopped trying to hit people along the board, we all know he can't do that.
You mean pond hockey? Yeah, and we all know how that's worked out for him. He can't skate fast enough to keep up with anyone else, and if there's a collective gasp from the crowd he falls over.

Quote:
I wish he would strop trying to feed his winger all the time though. He really need to shoot more.
Darn right. Be more like Zednik and give the puck up *every* time he touches it. Nothing like a team game.

Quote:
Would like to see him with Kost and Ryder next game. Ryder seems to be playing better also and both player had a nice streak going earlier.
Absolutely! Get Ryder back on Ribsy's line so his improving play can tank again. It was mentioned in this thread, but have you actually noticed that Ribs seems to bring everyone around him *down* to another level? I'm just waiting for Kovalev to speak up and say how he hates playing the the Ponk Hockey King.

Quote:
The point aren't comming unfortunately, so no matter how he plays won't matter at all. Especially since he's never been physical.
I beg to differ. If he's actually give an effort out there instead of parading around like he's the King of the World (taking the good ship Canadien down much like the woman in the front of the Titanic) we might actually see a difference. But when Gainey is talking about changing the chemistry of the team, and Ribs' name is the one being most mentioned? Telling point.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Azalichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
You mean pond hockey? Yeah, and we all know how that's worked out for him. He can't skate fast enough to keep up with anyone else, and if there's a collective gasp from the crowd he falls over.
So, which one do you want. Him trying to hit people and falling on his ***, which mean he's too soft, or him trying to play his game and pokechecking people instead and not taking himself out of the game? If he's not fast enough, then he need to play perfect positioning, if he hit, he's taking himself out of position and will be damn useless. So I guess tha whatever he tries to do, he's screwed. Nice way of thinkin.

Quote:
Darn right. Be more like Zednik and give the puck up *every* time he touches it. Nothing like a team game.
The hell are you talking about. Ribeiro rarely shoot on net, nowhere near enough. 73 shots after 39 games. He only had 104 in 80 last year. Ryder has 121 ( 215 last year ) and Zednik has 88 in 32 games ( 218 last year ). Yes he need to shoot more, I never said he needed to be like Zednik. But right now, his linemate aren't scoring, he can't seem to score so he feed everyone around him and never shoot. You can't score unless you shoot, Ribeiro has lost complete confidance in himself and that's bad. I don't care if he's traded, but I don't want to feel like we've given up too fast on him, and right now, I think we have.

Quote:
Absolutely! Get Ryder back on Ribsy's line so his improving play can tank again. It was mentioned in this thread, but have you actually noticed that Ribs seems to bring everyone around him *down* to another level? I'm just waiting for Kovalev to speak up and say how he hates playing the the Ponk Hockey King.
If your game somehow goes down because you play with someone, your as much the problem as the other guy. You would be right if Ryder or Kovalev were trying, but they aren't. The only one I've seen trying something with Ribeiro is Dagenais and Kostitsyn. Ryder has been floating all season long and Kovalev has been pretty much himself. He tends to float alot.

Quote:
I beg to differ. If he's actually give an effort out there instead of parading around like he's the King of the World (taking the good ship Canadien down much like the woman in the front of the Titanic) we might actually see a difference. But when Gainey is talking about changing the chemistry of the team, and Ribs' name is the one being most mentioned? Telling point.
It's pretty sad that so many people have decided that Ribeiro was the problem of this team. It's pretty sad that somehow, no matter how bad everyone is playing on the team, it's always Ribeiro, Theo and Dagenais's fault. I find it very sad that Gainey has not come forward to defend his player this year. Trade or no he should be protecting them. Because this only show that to him they are useless and therefore, have absolutely no value.

I trully believe that the problem goes beyond those guys. Koivu and Zednik are as much a problem as Ribeiro and Theo. This team lack experience, leadership and grits. Replacing Ribeiro or Theo won't change anything. But I have the impression we might find that soon enough anyway. Wonder who you guys will want traded next.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:18 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
It's pretty sad that so many people have decided that Ribeiro was the problem of this team. It's pretty sad that somehow, no matter how bad everyone is playing on the team, it's always Ribeiro, Theo and Dagenais's fault. I find it very sad that Gainey has not come forward to defend his player this year. Trade or no he should be protecting them. Because this only show that to him they are useless and therefore, have absolutely no value.

I trully believe that the problem goes beyond those guys. Koivu and Zednik are as much a problem as Ribeiro and Theo. This team lack experience, leadership and grits. Replacing Ribeiro or Theo won't change anything. But I have the impression we might find that soon enough anyway. Wonder who you guys will want traded next.
Awww... poor baby. So when Dagenais, Theo, and Ribeiro are all wearing different uniforms, will you leave? Because I'm sure they'll need a blind supporter wherever it is they go.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Azalichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Awww... poor baby. So when Dagenais, Theo, and Ribeiro are all wearing different uniforms, will you leave? Because I'm sure they'll need a blind supporter wherever it is they go.
Heh, you don't know me well if you think I'm a blind suporter. You also don't know me well if you think I'm going to leave just because these guys will.

I've said it more then once, I don't give a **** who plays for the habs. No matter who we are talking about I try to be as neutral as possible and I try to see as much of the situation as possible. But I know that comes as a shock to certain person and they can't deal with it. It's ok, I forgive you.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Have you watched the three play? Dags was only in the NHL because Montreal needed someone while their kids developed. The game has past Ribsy by - he can't keep up pure and simple. Theo has been a highly paid sieve. Why would Gainey defend that? He defended Breezer because the guy was playing *well* and still getting booed. No need to defend these three.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Teufelsdreck

Ribeiro's defenders are blindly in love with je ne sais quoi. What is that indefinable essence or pheromone that seduces them? It doesn't affect me, I'll tell you. I see 3 even strength goals and 4 power play goals in 39 games. I can almost understand the 3 even strength goals because Ribeiro is a slow skater and a timid player who doesn't get close enough to get off a dangerous shot, but his lack of production on the power play is incomprehensible. This season, the number of penalties is up by 35% and power play goals account for 75% of the 23% increase in total goals. Logically, Ribeiro's stats should be up from 2003-04, not down. In addition to his scoring slump he is a minus 10. He hasn't been injured. He isn't called upon to bodycheck. He is incapable of killing penalties, so he has time to recover from his so-called exertion. What is wrong with him? Obviously the changed face of the game after the lockout has left him behind. He was lucky enough to profit from the unbelievable scoring seasons Dagenais and Souray had in 2003-04. Now that they have returned to earth he is left naked and lonely. Of course Kovalev doesn't like playing with him. It's like having 5 pound weights attached to his ankles. Put Kovalev on with Koivu or Plekanec and the weights will come off. Kovalev looked better playing with Bulis at center than he ever did with Ribeiro. And isn't it a delightful irony that Perreault is outscoring Ribeiro 17 goals to 7?

Old
01-12-2006, 08:55 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem

I did not hear his name
So ummm to answer your question.... Ribs was on the ice yes.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:33 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Ribeiro's defenders are blindly in love with je ne sais quoi. What is that indefinable essence or pheromone that seduces them? It doesn't affect me, I'll tell you. I see 3 even strength goals and 4 power play goals in 39 games. I can almost understand the 3 even strength goals because Ribeiro is a slow skater and a timid player who doesn't get close enough to get off a dangerous shot, but his lack of production on the power play is incomprehensible. This season, the number of penalties is up by 35% and power play goals account for 75% of the 23% increase in total goals. Logically, Ribeiro's stats should be up from 2003-04, not down. In addition to his scoring slump he is a minus 10. He hasn't been injured. He isn't called upon to bodycheck. He is incapable of killing penalties, so he has time to recover from his so-called exertion. What is wrong with him? Obviously the changed face of the game after the lockout has left him behind. He was lucky enough to profit from the unbelievable scoring seasons Dagenais and Souray had in 2003-04. Now that they have returned to earth he is left naked and lonely. Of course Kovalev doesn't like playing with him. It's like having 5 pound weights attached to his ankles. Put Kovalev on with Koivu or Plekanec and the weights will come off. Kovalev looked better playing with Bulis at center than he ever did with Ribeiro. And isn't it a delightful irony that Perreault is outscoring Ribeiro 17 goals to 7?
It's a disgusting obsession. Whatever though... if his supporters wan't to ruin what's left of their credibility just to support a guy who could be in the AHL in two years time then more power to them.

Old
01-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Azalichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
It's a disgusting obsession. Whatever though... if his supporters wan't to ruin what's left of their credibility just to support a guy who could be in the AHL in two years time then more power to them.
is this the only way you can defend your opinion? By calling me or anyone else "blind fans" who loves to kiss Ribeiro or Theo's ***? If so you might want to quit now.

Let's see, what do I think of Ribeiro this year :

Ribeiro is having alot of problem. He seems to have lost his playmaking skills and he seems to have no confidance at all in the faceoff circle. He used to be bad in the circle but this year he's been absolutely horrible, although lately he's turning it around, still not great but he's not horrible anymore. All season long he's been looking for either Dagenais and Ryder and made too many pass. He need to shoot more often to the net if he wants to score. He also need to skate harder. Due to his small size and lack of speed Ribeiro can't be static, he need to start making his move while skating, otherwise means death for him.

So what's his problem then. Ribeiro hasn't been himself. He's not playing his game, he's not playing like he can. Is it the new game? I highly doubt it, the new rules shouldn't hurt a guy like Ribeiro that much, quite the oposite. The fact that Perreault isn't having any problem in this league is a good exemple. It's hard to find anyone slower then him. A lack of effort seems to be his problem more then anything else and unfortunately, that can be a huge problem if not fixed right away.

Now, lately he seems to be playing better then at the start of the season. He's still not playing his game however which result in him going along the board and being knocked down way too often. He's not strong enough for this, he doesn't have the style for this. Ribeiro need to play a good positional game, especially on defense. He is the kind of player that need a hard working winger with him, someone who can take the body and work hard along the board. Kostitsyn seems to be able to do this so I say keep them together for a few more games. They have created some opportunity together in the past 2 games but they need to play more then 11min.

Now, it seems that some players don't like to play with him. They simply stop working with him. This is not acceptable, from anyone. No matter how Ribeiro plays, no matter how he is outside the ice, on the ice, you play as best as you can. If he's the problem, then play as hard as you can and leave him in your dust. Don't lower your game to be at his level, prove to everyone that you are better. Something we haven't seen so far from anyone and that is a problem.

I won't defend a player if I consider he's not playing well. I won't let people however blame a player for things we do not know or just because people "hate him". We have no idea how things are in the player's room. We have no idea who are the leader and who are the trouble maker. It's clearer now that Ribeiro's work ethic is a problem with the coach, but it doesn't mean he's a problem with the other players. If they are taking him as an exemple, they are as much the problem as he is.

Now, what should we do with a player like that? Ribeiro has no value at all, no matter what we do with him we won't get much in return. Sending him in the AHL is a stupid idea since even if he isn't playing well, he's still amongst the team leader in points. This team need to score more, and Ribeiro is one of the key to the habs offense. Get him going and the habs will start winning again. But if he doesn't, well we can trade him later when other team will want to let big salary guy go or we can trade him this summer.

The alternative is to work with Ribeiro. Try to make him understand that unless he change, he won't play with the habs anymore and might not even play with any other team. He's 25 years old, he's got the talent to be in the NHL. If this season is necessary for him to gain some maturity then so be it. He's only signed for a year which mean we can sign him for very cheap next year and if he's not working well and another young guy is taking his place, well it's over and we can't say we didn't try.

I'd rather be patient with him, and end up losing him for nothing, then lose him for nothing now and risk him exploding elsewhere.

All I'm asking, whenever someone critisize a player, is to be honnest. Ribeiro is not playing well but so are the others. No one stepped up while Koivu and Kovalev were gone. This doesn't excuse Ribeiro's lack of effort, but at least we admit he's not the only problem. Focusing on a player change nothing. It won't make him go faster and it won't make him any better either.

But hey, your right, I'm an "***-kissing blind fans" and Ribeiro's "pheromone" have reduced me to an idiot who doesn't know his hockey. So, I guess I'll change my ways and join the rest.

Theo sucks, Ribeiro sucks, Julien sucks, Dagenais sucks, Gainey sucks, Zednik Sucks, get those soft, lazy, no work ethic, no good useless players out of this team, they don't deserve to play for this team.

Yeah right. I'll keep to my way thank you.

Closed Thread