HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Marek Svatos

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:50 PM
shaner89

vCash: 500
Marek Svatos

After watching th game tonight against Montreal, THIS KID IS FOR REAL. i see him as more of an offensive threat than Crosby and maybe Ovechkin. Very talented and smart with and without the puck. Im a leaf fan so im not being biased here when i say this Kid should be considered for the Calder.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I saw the game and this kid has skill .. but sorry he's no crosby or ovechkin! not even close...

Old
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
octopi

Right now, Ovechkin is 11 points ahead of Svatos, and Crosby is 8 ahead. Its going to come down to points....has to at least be close to these guys to have a chance.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
He's more of a pure scorer than a two-way setup man, assists wise, as the other two are.

I like him better than Sidney and Alex, though. I'm rooting for him for the goals lead among rooks for the year

Old
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Svatos = Clutch.

Old
DAebi1

Send a message via AIM to DAebi1 Send a message via MSN to DAebi1 Send a message via Yahoo to DAebi1
Svatos isn't as a complete player as Crosbty or Ovechkin. He doesn't make others around him better like Ovechkin do. Svatos is, however, one of the most pure goal scorers in the league right now.

Old
shaner89

not to mention he plays 7 less minutes than ovechkin and 6 less than crosby... that says he would have more points then them both if he played the same minutes. however he is on a good team so theres no chance for him to get 20 mins a game

Old
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Higgy4

He appears to be strictly a sniper right now.

And there's nothing wrong with that at all. He looks good.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
Hes one of the biggest bargains too

Old
01-12-2006, 12:04 AM
AvsGuy

the 8 GWG through half a season don't hurt either. 1st in the western conference in goals! go Svatos.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:08 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89
not to mention he plays 7 less minutes than ovechkin and 6 less than crosby... that says he would have more points then them both if he played the same minutes. however he is on a good team so theres no chance for him to get 20 mins a game
On the flip side, tho, he's playing with better teamates than Crosby or Ovechkin.(yes, I'm aware Crosby's teamates are supposed to be talented, but they're sure dogging it)

Oh, as to the 8 game winning goals....thats amazing,of course it help that Colorado has more than double the amount of wins of Pitts and Wash. Ovechkin would have many more game winning goals if they counted the five times he's scored in SOs which I believe Washington won at least four of

Old
01-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Yayo

The thing is, Svatos isn't lazy - he hustles out there and isn't afraid of high-traffic areas or to hit people.

No question, he's been one of the best and most consistent Avs this season.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:16 AM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Svatos = Clutch.
That he is. He's an opportunistic little bastage. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Chinaski*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89
If he would have played a minute or two more than those two - he would have definitely had more points.
I like him a lot as a player. Very good kid indeed.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Rudolf Yaber

He isn't franchise-player quality like Ovechkin and Crosby. He will, however, have a tremendous career.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:26 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
On the flip side, tho, he's playing with better teamates than Crosby or Ovechkin
Be careful not to assume too much here, though. Take a look at the assortment of linemates that Svatos has been out with over the course of the season.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Chinaski*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan
Be careful not to assume too much here, though. Take a look at the assortment of linemates that Svatos has been out with over the course of the season.
That's understandable. But who does he play with on PP?

Old
01-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Kaizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaski
That's understandable. But who does he play with on PP?
When Turgeon was healthy Marek was with Brunette and Turgeon. Right now, after Turgeon's injury, he is with Tanguay.

Last edited by Kaizer: 01-12-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old
01-12-2006, 01:53 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I saw Svatos throw a tantrum in Norfolk last year when he was with the Bears.

While I think he's got a lot of talent, and should be a good one, he does leave a few things to be desired.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Prodigal19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
I saw Svatos throw a tantrum in Norfolk last year when he was with the Bears.

While I think he's got a lot of talent, and should be a good one, he does leave a few things to be desired.
lol, what happened?

Old
01-12-2006, 02:01 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I've seen a few interviews where Marek has been asked about his performance down in Hershey and Marek himself said that he tried as hard as he could, but just couldn't get into a rhythm and then he has gone into "reading the papers" and seeing that people have been reporting that he has a bad attitude and whatnot. He has said time and time again that he didn't think he had a bad attitude, that he was just passionate about the game and was frustrated in his position of not being able to produce when he knows he should be producing...

Granted I know that human beings lie, and I didn't watch the Bears that season...but I'm not sure how to take that, when he brings it up himself.

That said, I do not think that he is on the same level as Ovechkin and Crosby...however, does he deserve a legit shot at the Calder, yes I believe he has earned that so far...and I highly doubt you'll find anyone to disagree with that.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Commander Enigma

It's not fair to compare him to Crosby and Ovechkin. Those guys will probably be considered two of the top three players in the league at some point. That doesn't diminish what Svatos has done and what a special player he is going to be. Most rookie seasons like this would be Calder locks. One other thing to keep in mind when talking about this rookie trio: The last two drafts, the lottery was all about who's going to be getting Ovechkin and Crosby. The were no brainer top overall picks. Svatos was picked #227, in the seventh round. The fact that he gets mentioned with Crosby and Ovechkin is pretty impressive.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:30 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy
It's not fair to compare him to Crosby and Ovechkin. Those guys will probably be considered two of the top three players in the league at some point. That doesn't diminish what Svatos has done and what a special player he is going to be. Most rookie seasons like this would be Calder locks. One other thing to keep in mind when talking about this rookie trio: The last two drafts, the lottery was all about who's going to be getting Ovechkin and Crosby. The were no brainer top overall picks. Svatos was picked #227, in the seventh round. The fact that he gets mentioned with Crosby and Ovechkin is pretty impressive.
Truer words have never been spoken my good sir.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:11 AM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Svatos is on the Avs, and is succeeding in ways that would make even thinking about trading him- completely out of the question. The Avs are doing better than the Pens and the Caps... and he's contributing to that factor. He's a huge part of that team right now, and I'm sure that's win enough for him... AND the Avs.

I'm sure given his situation, he's not overly-concerned about winning the Calder... he wins either way.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
octopi

Oh, and here's something else to think about. Svatos has teamates that are actually scoring threats. So, while the other teams top defensive pairings are against Ovechkin's line 100% of the time and against Crosby's line 95% of the time(hey, Mario's healthy some days, right?), how often would the top D be going against Svatos' line?I'm guessing less than 50% of the time.

Closed Thread