HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Marek Svatos

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 06:14 PM
The_Eck

vCash: 500
svatos has 5 years on crosby and 3 on ovechkin. Svatos is a great goal scorer but he is not a franchise player in the mold of crosby or ovechkin. Svatos doesn't face the top checking line game in and game out like AO and crosby do. Just imagine what AO and crosby will be like at 23 years of age.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck
svatos has 5 years on crosby and 3 on ovechkin. Svatos is a great goal scorer but he is not a franchise player in the mold of crosby or ovechkin. Svatos doesn't face the top checking line game in and game out like AO and crosby do. Just imagine what AO and crosby will be like at 23 years of age.
He doesn't development-wise. He has had two major injuries that has made him sit out huge chunks of times.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
dwkdnvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
Svatos is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT, more of a pure goal scorer than Ovechkin....
Well, I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this, at least to a point. I'd say that *right now*, Svatos may in fact be a better 'pure goal scorer' than AO. It's not just stats, although Svatos has equaled AO in WAY less icetime and (more importantly) WAY fewer shots. (spct 22.6 vs 13.3 (Prucha is even better among rookies, BTW)). It's also the way he plays - watch him closely and he exhibits the same kind of behavior and instincts that made Brett Hull so amazing - he simply knows how to get open and find the puck/let the puck find him. (and no, I'm not saying he's at the same level)

Quote:
AO is a good passer, amazing scorer, good stick handling ability, good speed, hit's, husstles, does everything you can expect from a well rounded player...
Exactly - he's not a 'goal scorer', he's a one-man-show. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Svatos is at the overall level of AO or Crosby, and they are both players that thrive when controlling the game, which isn't something Svatos really does.

Quote:
now don't get me wrong.. Svatos is good... but AO's goals are all self induced goals...
Well, I haven't seen Ovechkin play that much, but the games I've seen the Caps basically play the 'feed Alex' offence. I saw one power play where he circled in the slot and was constantly fed by teammates. He must have taken literally 10+ shots on one shift, (and some even hit the net!). He may not have 'skilled' linemates around him, but they sure do seem to do everything humanly possible to make sure he has the puck.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
shawn_kemp*

Svatos is pronounced SHvatoSH

Old
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_kemp
Svatos is pronounced SHvatoSH
i'd say svatosh

Old
01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
shawn_kemp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
i'd say svatosh
You're right : http://hokej.point.sk/nhl/index.php?clanok=39333

Svatoš = Svatosh

Old
01-13-2006, 11:27 AM
syinura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck
Don't forget though, Ovechkin was playing in the Elite League in russia for a number of years (3 I think), and that league is considered one of the best in the world,its not the NHL and not North American hockey but I'd say that Ovechkin has the most top level experience out of the three.

Closed Thread