They will be very similar 17 8.17%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
Armia looks flashier on the ice and IMO has more pure skill. Dano looks like a smarter player though. I think Dano gets the nod for now but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Armia suddenly clicks and becomes the better player.
I agree with this. Armia seemed to find his game last year. His performance with better players was an eye-opener. I like Dano a lot, too. Both of them needed to ramp up their intensity - Dano in his conditioning and Armia in his game intensity.

On the evidence so far, Dano has the edge, but I won't be surprised if Armia surpasses him this season.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 08:03 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I agree with this. Armia seemed to find his game last year. His performance with better players was an eye-opener. I like Dano a lot, too. Both of them needed to ramp up their intensity - Dano in his conditioning and Armia in his game intensity.

On the evidence so far, Dano has the edge, but I won't be surprised if Armia surpasses him this season.
It's funny cause so many of our guys are better with good players
Petan armia copp etc

puck stoppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 08:27 PM
bisonbutt
Dark Helmets brother

Dano has always been the man, between the two for me. If he shows up in game shape, I'm predicting a great season.
Both players have played at times with weak players, so it's not an excuse in my mind. Armia teases you once in a while with flashes of skill, makes you hope there's more to his game,but I'm not sure there is. I find Dano where he is right now,can be a reliable 3rd liner, where Armia has only proved to be a reliable 4th winger. I'd be happy for Armia to prove me wrong and turn those few occasions to regular, consistent, skill plays.
At this moment i'd pick Dano over Armia all day, even with Dano a little out of shape.

bisonbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 08:31 PM
KCjetsfan

vCash: 50
Dano and it shouldn't be close.

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 08:32 PM
wpgsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
Dano and it shouldn't be close.
...Its not.

07-16-2016, 10:46 PM
scelaton

I would expect similar output this year, if they are given equal opportunity.

Dano is better by the numbers, looking backwards, but I expect Armia to break out this year and score 30+ points

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2016, 11:59 PM
WinnipegWinter*

Dano skates like he's in mud. Hes like a slow but slightly more physical Burmistrov. I'll take Armia all day

WinnipegWinter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 12:05 AM
Hunter368
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Dano and its not close, IMO.

I like Armia but Dano is a proven 3rd liner already and has much more upside.
Agreed, not even close. I pick Dano 100 times out of a 100 times. Much better player

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 01:15 AM
bumblebeeman

vCash: 400
I said similar player, since I think they'll both be bottom 6 type players (especially on the jets). They both seem to have big weaknesses that will keep them from being key players, but I think they will both be good and important depth players.

bumblebeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Moon Man

Absolutely no idea, I chose similar.

Moon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Sabrenator

Hmm.. Dano is small and can't even skate, and you are seriously comparing him to Armia. [mod]

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-17-2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: natd
Sabrenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 04:37 AM
jesui

Went with Armia. He is better overall and IMO has bigger upside. Dano is more effective pointwise.

The poll result is somewhat suprising to me.
There was about 5 games last season where Armia was the best player on ice, and this was his first season in the Nhl. However, his point produce wasn't as good as it should've been.
Next season probably tells alot.

jesui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 07:41 AM
Jetsetter

Armia was my choice. Given a chance and placed with comproable players, I don't think there's a question in my mind. Have a look at his AHL numbers when he was the guy:
2013-14 Rochester Americans AHL 54 7 20 27 30 -6 5 3 3 6 9
2014-15 Rochester Americans AHL 33 10 15 25 39 3

I have very high expectations for Joel this year. Coach loves him. Rarely comes out of the corner without the puck. Size advantage over Dano and skating ability.

Jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 09:22 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
It's funny cause so many of our guys are better with good players
Petan armia copp etc
That's because everyone plays better with better players. There are no exceptions haha.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 09:33 AM
The Blue Baron

Armia

Dano produces more now but Armia looks to have more upside and potential to improve to me.

The Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 09:39 AM
LimpDave

Pittsburgh's last Stanley cup showed how important having strong role players on your team is. I believe Dano is an effective player, and I hope that he can find a home in this league as a gritty player fighting for ice in the tough areas.

One thing I really liked about Armia is that he used his size and reach to win a lot of battles and was able to compliment most players he played with. Dano played during a time when our team was really turning a corner...some may argue he was a part of that successand, I would be one of those people....but I can't see us protecting Dano unless he turns into a gritty agitator like Gallagher in Montreal. We just have too many in the pipeline with similar skillets.

LimpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Jetlaggedoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrenator View Post
Hmm.. Dano is small and can't even skate, and you are seriously comparing him to Armia. It's funny how blind people can be
.... Considering he's 3 years younger and has proven more already [but] why does one prospect have to be bashed because of a desire for another one to succeed? They are both jets prospects. I hope Armia reaches his full potential but realistically it's doubtful he catches, surpasses and remains ahead of Dano at this point in his career when Dano has 3 years of improving before they will even be truly comparable

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-17-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: QEP
Jetlaggedoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 10:10 AM
truck
HFB Partner

I'm going to go with the younger, more productive guy.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaggedoil View Post
.... Considering he's 3 years younger and has proven more already [but] why does one prospect have to be bashed because of a desire for another one to succeed? They are both jets prospects. I hope Armia reaches his full potential but realistically it's doubtful he catches, surpasses and remains ahead of Dano at this point in his career when Dano has 3 years of improving before they will even be truly comparable
I like Dano but I'm not entirely sure I'd use age at this point in the comparison. Some players peak earlier, either due to style of play, role, physical development, etc. I think both players still have room for improvement.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-17-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
07-17-2016, 11:16 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrenator View Post
Hmm.. Dano is small and can't even skate, and you are seriously comparing him to Armia. [mod]
No, just no. Dano can skate. Here is an example of "can't even skate". See the difference?

I get that you are Armia's #1 fan, but your comments do not in any way counter the arguments put forward by others as to why Dano is the better player.

Edit: BTW, that is totally me any time I've ventured out onto a rink. Yes, I am one of 12 people in Canada that can't skate. We have an online support group, and chat regularly.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 07-17-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: QEP
nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 11:32 AM
Say What
what say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I like Dano but I'm not entirely sure I'd use age at this point in the comparison. Some players peak earlier, either due to style of play, role, physical development, etc. I think both players still have room for improvement.
Well said. I fully agree with your assessment. Both of these players have areas to improve and more layers to their game, to yet be revealed. Less than a full NHL season for either, bodes well for a promising continuation of growth.

Say What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 11:34 AM
kelsier

Armia seemed to have it all when he was playing in the FEL, well nearly anyway. Someone who had size, decent shot, pretty good wheels, silky smooth hands, ability to deke and being a big game player. Still something was always missing. He was unable to produce constantly but that pretty crazy potential was still there. The ceiling hasn't disappeared, yet each passing year pushes him further apart from being a top six guy in the NHL. Maybe he didn't have the drive or didn't work hard enough. Don't know really. Armia needs to get back on the track next season or he's going to take a flight to Europe pretty soon. I truly hope that's not the case.

kelsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsier View Post
Armia seemed to have it all when he was playing in the FEL, well nearly anyway. Someone who had size, decent shot, pretty good wheels, silky smooth hands, ability to deke and being a big game player. Still something was always missing. He was unable to produce constantly but that pretty crazy potential was still there. The ceiling hasn't disappeared, yet each passing year pushes him further apart from being a top six guy in the NHL. Maybe he didn't have the drive or didn't work hard enough. Don't know really. Armia needs to get back on the track next season or he's going to take a flight to Europe pretty soon. I truly hope that's not the case.
My initial viewings of Armia at Development Camp and pre-season last year indicated to me that he had tremendous skill but didn't have the consistent intensity and drive necessary to be a good NHLer. When he joined the Jets mid-season from the Moose he looked like a completely different player. He was quick and intense on every shift, and his skill level was very evident. I think his productivity would have been much better with better linemates last season. Even when he wasn't producing, I thought he was quite effective even in a bottom-line role.

Dano is very smart with the puck and has a nose for getting into good positions in the offensive zone. What I didn't like about him, especially early on, was that he seemed sluggish in his skating and clearly was not in NHL shape. That's a bit of a red flag for me. His conditioning got better later in the season, and his play improved. He'll need to come back to camp in better condition to make the NHL roster. If he's really fit and quicker on his skates, I think he could be a very effective and productive forward.

Old
07-17-2016, 11:55 AM
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain

Has anyone ever seen Armia get angry on the ice? Get into a shoving match, do some yapping at other players over something he didn't like? He just seems so complacent when I watch him, no fire in his belly. It's like he has all the tools, but no burning desire to exploit them. Maybe Thorbs should slap him in the face a few times in the dressing room before each period to get him into a good, surly mind set.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2016, 12:00 PM
wpgsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Has anyone ever seen Armia get angry on the ice? Get into a shoving match, do some yapping at other players over something he didn't like? He just seems so complacent when I watch him, no fire in his belly. It's like he has all the tools, but no burning desire to exploit them. Maybe Thorbs should slap him in the face a few times in the dressing room before each period to get him into a good, surly mind set.
Meh.
Players need to be true to themselves. If a player is mild mannered naturally I'm fine with it. Never hurt Datsyuk, the Sedins and many others.
Some players use that to help their game, some players don't.

I don't put any stock into that, though I get you were being a little facetious.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote