Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tarkki officially a Wolf

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:06 PM
lehtsrock

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Tarkki officially a Wolf

Finally.

Quote:
Wolves Ink Goaltender

01/11/2006

The Chicago Wolves have signed netminder TUOMAS TARKKI (TOH-mas TAR-KEY) to a Standard Player Contract (SPC).

The 25-year-old rookie leads team goalies with six wins and 15 games played. Overall, he has recorded a 6-3-3 mark with a 3.08 goals-against average and a .892 save percentage with the Wolves.

TARKKI has also appeared in two games with the ECHLís Gwinnett Gladiators this season, posting a 0-1-1 record with a 2.41 goals-against average and a .921 save percentage.

The Rauma, Finland, native registered a 28-12-5 mark with a 2.24 goals against average in 56 contests spanning four seasons with Northern Michigan University (2001-2005).

Old
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
GladiatorSuz

Send a message via AIM to GladiatorSuz Send a message via Yahoo to GladiatorSuz
Oh, NO.

You know what this means for Gwinnett, Jess...

Old
01-12-2006, 12:17 AM
toph2o

Unless I'm mistaken, he can still be sent down to Gwinnett. In fact, he may be more likely to be. Holly can correct me if I'm wrong here but prior to the SPC, if he was sent down, any other AHL team could've signed him. Now he's Chicago property even if he's in Gwinnett. Doesn't mean he's going down, or not going down, I think they just want to keep their options open.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:10 AM
GladiatorSuz

Nah, he didn't have to go through waivers before...he was still technically Gwinnett property on loan to Chicago.

I hope you're right, though...I just think this means he'll be backing up Garnett and Berkhoel will come back to steal Fields' place as starter...again.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:12 AM
toph2o

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorSuz
Nah, he didn't have to go through waivers before...he was still technically Gwinnett property on loan to Chicago.

I hope you're right, though...I just think this means he'll be backing up Garnett and Berkhoel will come back to steal Fields' place as starter...again.
Re-read what I said, the reason (I think) is because once assigned to Gwinnett (and thus released from his PTO with Chicago), unless he's signed to a SPC with Chicago, he can be signed to a PTO for any other AHL team just like Chicago did. It's Chicago protecting their rights to him, as far as the ECHL goes he's Gwinnett's regardless.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o
the reason (I think) is because once assigned to Gwinnett (and thus released from his PTO with Chicago), unless he's signed to a SPC with Chicago, he can be signed to a PTO for any other AHL team just like Chicago did. It's Chicago protecting their rights to him, as far as the ECHL goes he's Gwinnett's regardless.
Yes, you're right, toph2o. This ensures that no other AHL team can take him if he's in Gwinnett.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
GladiatorSuz

That makes a lot more sense NOT at 2:30 in the morning. ;-)

Old
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Yup, ditto to what she said. It just means he's Chicago's no matter what. That's all I cared for.

Closed Thread