HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 09:34 PM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Comrie Proposals

One thing that I'm getting so sick and tired of is fans of other teams stating over and over in Comrie proposals: "prospect X is untouchable because he has potential to be this... that guy can potentially be that on our team in the future, ..no, you cant have prospect Y, prospect Z & prospect K because they have potential to be too good. And dont you even THINK about proven player X or Y, Comrie is small and has an attitude problem. At Most its our organizations prospect #6 plus 3rd rounder for your hobbit"

We're hypothetically offering our #1 proven centerman for unproven players with potential, and were still getting shot down. I am just getting SO sick of all those posts.

Untill Kevin decides its time, I want him to sit on Comrie as an asset and release his services elsewhere Only when a Great deal comes along. There is no hurry here. (I just wish all those HF wanna-be GM's cool it with the bad proposals)

On a side note, if you remember that confidentiality agreement that Oilers have going with Winter and Comrie,.... was requested by Comrie. So whatever was going on (or is going on) behind closed doors, Comrie is the one who would prefer it stay behind closed doors.

I really dont see his abscence or his unresolved status hurting this team too much. He's the one who made the choice to not play here this year, he's the one who has placed himself in this predicament, hope its worth it for him personally (and profesionally).

Old
10-19-2003, 09:39 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I know what your saying completely man - Prospects are way over-rated on this board, but I completely expect that, being hockeysfuture and all. There are LOTS of Toronto, Flames, Canucks, and a few others that try to completely under-value Comrie as a small weak forward with an attitude problem. When his attitude isn't really a problem IMO (everybody gets the knocks he's getting during a hold out). They try to completely forget the point that of all players drafted in his draft year he has the second most goals (behind Havlat).

Old
10-19-2003, 09:39 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

When you lose 1-0 hockey games to bad hockey teams is when you miss him...and IMO i like to think of it as our team being that much better....I dont want to lose him for nothing..but i dont want to wait an entire season to have him or return from him in this lineup

Old
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
When you lose 1-0 hockey games to bad hockey teams is when you miss him...and IMO i like to think of it as our team being that much better....I dont want to lose him for nothing..but i dont want to wait an entire season to have him or return from him in this lineup
I know I've said this a kjzillion times already but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see him sit the year and then use him, our first round pick and Lynch and Chimera offered up to try and get Ovechkin!!

Old
10-19-2003, 09:57 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

But the thing is...i want to win NOW...not later...

Old
10-19-2003, 10:00 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
But the sad reality is that Lowe has to keep up the appearance that the Oilers can't pay another cent for salary - although without Comrie and with the increase our dollar he obviously can - so forget about any kind of help now. Any kind of help that we would get back now would be under-valuing Comrie as we can't "afford" to take on much salary.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:14 PM
speeds

Quote:
better pick a new team to follow

Old
10-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I know I've said this a kjzillion times already but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see him sit the year and then use him, our first round pick and Lynch and Chimera offered up to try and get Ovechkin!!
Kind of ironic how this thread was about prospects being overrated in trade proposals and the third reply is:

Comrie, Chimera, Lynch, & a 1st rounder

for

Ovechkin

Radek Bonk scored 42 goals in the IHL (at the time the IHL was considered to be better than the AHL by Bob McKenzie) when he was 17, Stefan and Brendl were given god-like status in their draft years, no way do the Oil give up 3 nhl'ers and a #1 for anyone who hasn't played a game yet.

Yeah Ovechkin and Crosby are unreal right now, but they could easily enough start running into injury trouble or any number of things could hold them back.

Geez, I haven't even mentioned Lindros yet.

Quebec got Foppa, Duchesne, Huffman, Ricci, Hextall, a 1st rounder (Thibault), another 1st rounder that they traded to Tarana (10th overall - Nolan Baumgartner) and Chris Simon. Plus $15,000,000.

Turns out that Lindros/Foppa would have been more than fair. In short you could just say that they handed Quebec a near dynasty.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Allan

I don't have numbers on him, but I seem to remember this kind of hype about that greatest of superstars, Alexandre Daigle. The comment in The Hockey News about the arena in Ottawa being renamed the Daigle-dome, etc.

I worry that a kid who has been so dominant so early in his carreer, and surrounded by so much hype, may not have the work ethic or fitness to step into the NHL. There was an article in the Journal on Saturday about that basketball phenom LeBron James, where they made him sound like Daigle, too. His fitness is apparrently lacking, and he hadn't worked on the things he said he would.

Not that I'm saying that Ovechkin couldn't be worth that, just that he may not be, and it's a bigger risk than I would be willing to take.

Either way, the team who is getting him without that risk is probably going to be unwilling to trade the pick, anyway.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Cerebral

Any team in a position to draft Ovechkin would be crazy not to in my opinion.. the price for the number one pick will be even higher than Chimera/Comrie/Lynch/1st rounder in my opion. While Ovechkin would look amazing in Oiler silks, there is almost no way he'll end up in Edmonton.. it's fun to dream though

Closed Thread