HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who's fault is it?

View Poll Results: who's fault is it?
players 85 80.19%
coaching 43 40.57%
gainey 20 18.87%
luck (refs, bounces, injuries, scheduling) 19 17.92%
i expected this 8 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Who's fault is it?

the habs aren't doing well. who's fault is it? it's multiple votes.

Last edited by leafaholix*: 01-11-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old
01-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Habs

I vote Bonk, Bonk and more Bonk.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:06 AM
KOVALEV10*

Theo- Ribs- Bonk- Zednik- Ryder- Kovalev

Old
01-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Man, I wanted to vote for Patrice Brisebois.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:28 AM
AH

Koivu.

The facts are this ....

Named Captain September 1999.

99-00 - Missed playoffs
00-01 - Missed playoffs
01-02 - Made playoffs but he did not play
02-03 - Missed playoffs
03-04 - Made playoffs
05-06 - Will miss playoffs

4 missed playoffs in six years as captain (one of those years he did not play). Constant leadership questions & fractured dressing room rumours during his time as captain.

My breaking point came in December when he played in Minnesota during an injury when he should not have played. All he wanted was to play vs his brother and thus aggravated his injury and missed further games. That was the most selfish act I have ever heard of from a supposed leader in a hockey dressing room.

I have had it. Time to trade him and clean up the place. I am not interested in offering up precious cap space on a guy I dont know will play 40 games in a given year.

Last edited by AH: 01-12-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old
01-12-2006, 06:34 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Koivu.

The facts are this ....

99-00 - Missed playoffs
00-01 - Missed playoffs
02-03 - Missed playoffs
03-04 - Made playoffs
04-05 - Will miss playoffs

4 missed playoffs in six years as captain (one of those years he did not play). Constant leadership questions & fractured dressing room rumours during his time as captain.

My breaking point came in December when he played in Minnesota during an injury when he should not have played. All he wanted was to play vs his brother and thus aggravated his injury and missed further games. That was the most selfish act I have ever heard of from a supposed leader in a hockey dressing room.

I have had it. Time to trade him and clean up the place. I am not interested in offering up precious cap space on a guy I dont know will play 40 games in a given year.
Worst post ever! Anybody agree with me?

Old
01-12-2006, 06:43 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

I agree, worst post ever, but I guess they l can hve opinions. I'd like to agree with the poster that blames it all on Bonk becuase I never did like the guy and he lost a couple games for us. However, we lost lot of games when he was injured so we can't blame it all on him.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Wow it's a selfish act now when a player tries to play through injury? Hm, somewhere along the lines I missed something. AH... wow, definitely gotta agree with the sentiment of the last couple posters. One of the worst, and uniformed posts I've seen in a long long time. I hope you're just trying to stir the pot for fun... Surely you can't actually hold that opinion.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Capitano

I don't know what to think anymore. Like most of you I'm sure, I'm VERY FRUSTRATED with this team. Why can't we be consistent. We say we need to limit our opponent's chances and then we give up 40 shots?!? Then we can only muster 1 goal and show ZERO offensive creativity?

I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Cap

Old
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Wow it's a selfish act now when a player tries to play through injury? Hm, somewhere along the lines I missed something. AH... wow, definitely gotta agree with the sentiment of the last couple posters. One of the worst, and uniformed posts I've seen in a long long time. I hope you're just trying to stir the pot for fun... Surely you can't actually hold that opinion.
It's sad but it could very well be true. After seeing guys like Guy Lafleur and Patrick Roy booed... anything can happen in hab land.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
shawn_kemp*

some grammar : who's is spelled WHOSE

Old
01-12-2006, 08:02 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Koivu.

The facts are this ....

99-00 - Missed playoffs
00-01 - Missed playoffs
02-03 - Missed playoffs
03-04 - Made playoffs
04-05 - Will miss playoffs

Thanks for making all of us a little dumber.

Seriously now. How can you blame the team's dismal performances on 1 player?

One player cannot win the cup alone (some would argue that Roy did it in 93 but he had a good supporting cast in front of him).

Oh and by the way, just in case you didn't realise, there was no hockey in 04-05 but nice of you to assume we would of missed it anyways.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
AH

I meant 05-06.

The argument was always made that he didnt have a supporting cast, well that is not the case anymore. So what's the problem now? The team has been floundering for two months now and STILL no player's only meeting called by the captain.

You all know the only reason he 'played' through taht injury in Minny was to play vs his brother and for his family. If he cared about the team he would have not played.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:44 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
I meant 05-06.

The argument was always made that he didnt have a supporting cast, well that is not the case anymore. So what's the problem now? The team has been floundering for two months now and STILL no player's only meeting called by the captain.

You all know the only reason he 'played' through taht injury in Minny was to play vs his brother and for his family. If he cared about the team he would have not played.
Even if what you are saying is true... after what Koivu has given to the habs organisation for the last decade he can't have one single thing for himself and his family?

Old
01-12-2006, 08:51 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH

How would that make any sense?

It's not as if their careers will end after this season. There will be plenty more occasions for a Koivu Vs Koivu game in the years to come.

Besides, he Saku wanted to see Mikko, they could of gone out to dinner or something

Old
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz

It's not as if their careers will end after this season. There will be plenty more occasions for a Koivu Vs Koivu game in the years to come.
Not true. Careers can end at any time. If Saku stays in the East past this season, the schedule doesn't permit his team playing Mikko's team for another three years.

That's the reality.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:00 AM
bigjags*

I say Riberio is a big reason. He was useless out there last night. He looks frail.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
jcpenny

Coaching is the problem plain and simple. Julien still thinks hes in the old NHL with his trap.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
I meant 05-06.

Sorry, point-a-game pace not doing it for you?

Here, why don't you read what Julien has to say about him. Oh, and just for consideration, they said all the same things about some dude named Stevie Yzerman. Not vocal enough, blah blah blah.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3390500

Old
01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

The biggest problem with this team is Jose Theodore. He has the richest contract on this team and is nowhere close to earning his keep. Even if he had just a respectable save% of .915 his GAA would be 2.46 and the Habs would have a hell of alot more points.

Closed Thread