HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

It's official : Bonk sucks !!

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
So we should have kept Perreault as he was better on the faceoffs, produce more offense than Bonk and was good on the PP.
Yes

Old
01-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBob
Im satisfied with his play since he returned from injury. He won face-off (and we dont have a lot of player who can do that), he's good on the PK and sometime he produced a little on offense. It's not like Zednik or Ribeiro who do nothing at all on the ice
I never said they did any better. They have been just as useless. This team has many problems and those 3 are certainly at the forefront IMO. And how is 1 goal in like 40 games "producing a little a offense". It's OK to say that the players haven't been performing to where they should.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:56 AM
CrazyBob

Quote:
So we should have kept Perreault as he was better on the faceoffs, produce more offense than Bonk and was good on the PP.
Maybe, but do you think that Perreault is a good player to put on a defensive line?

Old
01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
Teams with that kind of player usually don't trade him...That's why it's so tough to find one...
Yup.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:06 AM
CrazyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
And how is 1 goal in like 40 games "producing a little a offense".
By that I mean make play. He have 7 pass this year, I know that not a lot but it's why I said "producing a "little" on offense"

The real problem is that Julien should not use him on PP and on important offensive situation (like in the end of a game when you need one goal). It's not his role to do that

Old
01-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Maybe, but do you think that Perreault is a good player to put on a defensive line?
Seriously, what difference does it make?

We had our d-line on the ice and the end of the 3rd and the Avs scored!

In today's hockey, do we really need a d-line?

Old
01-12-2006, 08:17 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

Oh, dont we miss Perreault now that we don't have any good 2nd line centre. Who knew Ribs couldn't do it. And Perreault is tearing it up.

I hate Bonk and I never doubted NyQuill that he sucks and always will suck. Let's just hope he gets waived and picked up by someone else. (I doubt that very much).

Bonk does NOT fit our needs of a 2-way centre. He is a ZERO-way centre. No offense, shady defence. You can try to tell me he has defense. But it's pointless to try to prove that to me since we don't need a defensive C at 2.4 million. We have players on our team that can take 3rd line centre's spot. If he can get picked up by some other team, that would free up a lot of cap space. Please Bob, pull the trigger on getting rid of him. PLEASE!!!

Old
01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
habaholic

Quote:
He suck just because he made ONE mistake even if he played a good game?

You should talk about Ryder, Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev and Ribeiro instead. It's the're fault if the team just score one goal

I agree completely. I thought that aside from the giveway, he was probably the habs best forward last night with Bulis. He gave the puck away..YES..but you know what, it's because he was actually playing defense. What about Dandeneault's dumb penalty, what about Bouillon icing the puck when he could've taken 2 extra steps and not have a defensive zone face off, which BTW led to the Avs' 1st goal. MISTAKES HAPPEN!!! I guess everybody's jumping on the Pierre McGuire "let's bash Radek Bonk" bandwagon. Nobody's even talking about his great defensive work in the 1st 2 periods, his setup pass to Zednik (who completely missed), his strong work along the boards on almost every shift, which on one shift, allowed Zednik to go in all alone on Abeisher...anyhow, I guess it's cool to bash on the guy who makes the obvious mistake, bashing on the guy who did absolutely ZILCH (Ribeiro, Kovalev, to name a few) is a thing of the past.

Gimme a break!!

That's my RANT!!

Old
01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Easy to say now, may I remind you that once he was a free agent, he offered his services to every other team in the League and the only team that made him a relatively OK offer (even though it's a two-way offer!!!) was the Preds.

I was fine when we let him go, it was time, he would not have done it here anyway. Good for him, he's a nice guy.....

Old
01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic
I agree completely. I thought that aside from the giveway, he was probably the habs best forward last night with Bulis. He gave the puck away..YES..but you know what, it's because he was actually playing defense. What about Dandeneault's dumb penalty, what about Bouillon icing the puck when he could've taken 2 extra steps and not have a defensive zone face off, which BTW led to the Avs' 1st goal. MISTAKES HAPPEN!!! I guess everybody's jumping on the Pierre McGuire "let's bash Radek Bonk" bandwagon. Nobody's even talking about his great defensive work in the 1st 2 periods, his setup pass to Zednik (who completely missed), his strong work along the boards on almost every shift, which on one shift, allowed Zednik to go in all alone on Abeisher...anyhow, I guess it's cool to bash on the guy who makes the obvious mistake, bashing on the guy who did absolutely ZILCH (Ribeiro, Kovalev, to name a few) is a thing of the past.

Gimme a break!!

That's my RANT!!
I have to agree 100%. Bonk was strong on the boards and played a great game aside form that.

I think the problem is our offence. I thought Kovalev was supposed to be game breaker. He has been invisible since his 3 point night against Ottawa. That is something I would be more worried about....

Closed Thread