HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What type of player do you want Gainey to acquire?

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
ACC1224

vCash: 500
Alexander Khavanov

Old
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
AH

How about we just get someone, anyone.

30 months as GM and THREE trades (one minor) and ONE minor FA signing (Dandy). Good strategy if you are GM of a ready made contender, but this place was a bloody mess when BG took over.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter
I would add to that list:

- Jordan Leopol
- Zidlicky
They may not be available though
Zidlicky may be UFA this summer, though. Clearly Nashville needs him for this year. But perhaps, depending on his contract demands, and given that they have such a great group of young D coming on, they might not want to meet his demands in the summer. He's not the true #1 stud, but if we can't get one of those really big guys (Redden, Chara, etc), then signing a Zidlicky for more than Nashville is offering ($3M?) and another solid guy on D, we might get a similar overall impact to having the one big stud.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
How about we just get someone, anyone.

30 months as GM and THREE trades (one minor) and ONE minor FA signing (Dandy). Good strategy if you are GM of a ready made contender, but this place was a bloody mess when BG took over.
And everything at the start of the season was making Gainey look like a Genious. Lack of experience and leadership makes this team look bad but doesn't mean Gainey's decision is the problem.

though, that's always the solution isn't it, trade the one we don't like. it always somehow work. Just look at Boston, they are doing so well since they traded big Joe.

As for the thread, we need a big top winger. especially a right handed one. A right handed center would be of tremendous help. A puck moving defense would help but i don't think we need a #1. If we can get another legit top 4 defenceman we should be fine. Preferably someone who can hit.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Alexander Khavanov

You can put him,the Leafs and the Steelers in the same garbage.And if you want,jump in too!

Old
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM

A couple of forwards i'd inquire about as well...

Scott Hartnell - Has been in Trotz doghouse this season, I absolutely love Scott Hartnell's game, i'd be willing to pay a high price as well....

Adam Hall - Right handed shot, PF potential...alot like Bell wherease the potential is there, but the results haven't been there...

Nashville might be looking for some punch up front, a guy like Zednik is cheap and would be a great fit for them IMO...maybe a package deal could land us either of those 2 players...

Just trying to come up with solutions

Old
01-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

Scott Hartnell - Has been in Trotz doghouse this season, I absolutely love Scott Hartnell's game, i'd be willing to pay a high price as well....

Adam Hall - Right handed shot, PF potential...alot like Bell wherease the potential is there, but the results haven't been there...

Nashville might be looking for some punch up front, a guy like Zednik is cheap and would be a great fit for them IMO...maybe a package deal could land us either of those 2 players...

Just trying to come up with solutions
Can't really see any reason for the Preds to start dealing their key players right now. They have no incentive. They rock. Hartnell and Hall epitomize their style of play. Perreault is popping some goals, and Walker just came back, so I'm not even sure how much they would need to add any offense either. Just can't see them moving any key players. Our only hope from them is if they have any guys perceived somewhat as passengers, maybe a Legwand type, since he's also scheduled to be UFA.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

Could be an option. but my guess is that the price tag would be huge!

Quote:
Hall is logging serious PK time (top 10 in the league for a forward). I haven't seen him play this year, but I would guess that he's doing a good job there. I hightly doubt that we could get him.

Closed Thread