HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Kovalev still injured???

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Matrix

vCash: 500
Is Kovalev still injured???

Did you realize yesterday that on a one-one he got beat by Skrastins (or Vaananen) fairly easily??? Does he hide something for the management. Did anyone asked him how he felt as of now???

If not, I wonder what Begin could reply to Kovy nowadays 'cause if he's not injured, he's definately not the catalyst that we were expecting but only plays great when the team plays great and we need more for him.......

We need instigators, not followers......(if it's translated properly....)

Old
01-12-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
Did you realize yesterday that on a one-one he got beat by Skrastins (or Vaananen) fairly easily??? Does he hide something for the management. Did anyone asked him how he felt as of now???

If not, I wonder what Begin could reply to Kovy nowadays 'cause if he's not injured, he's definately not the catalyst that we were expecting but only plays great when the team plays great and we need more for him.......

We need instigators, not followers......(if it's translated properly....)
End of shift maybe?

I've never thought of Kovalev as a fast skater...

I agree though, he's been invisble lately and he needs to turn it up...basically we need alot more from him, Koivu, Ryder, Zednik...

Old
01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
SHUDO

I hope he's injured, and he recovers fast

Old
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Ryan_Habs_16

Right now, our top players aren't playing like top players, probably because some of them aren't top players (Ribeiro, Zednik, and to a degree, Kovalev) I doubt he is still injured but you never know. Kovalev has only scored once since his return. He is very streaky, ala Zednik, and does not seem into it anymore! Oh well! What can we do!

Old
01-12-2006, 11:53 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I don't think he's still injured, he's not very fast and he's big.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
End of shift maybe?

I agree though, he's been invisble lately and he needs to turn it up...basically we need alot more from him, Koivu, Ryder, Zednik...
Kovalev's speed is sneaky. His skating is a lot like Devon White's running (former Blue Jay). At full speed their strides are/were quite long. Another thing with Kovalev is that he's equally fast with the puck as he is without.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
End of shift maybe?

That's the thing, I think it was at the beginning of a shift, that's why I was so surprised by that.

Yes we need those players but all those you mentioned seemed to wait for somebody else to take charge. As far as Koivu is concerned, I remember that at one point, when everything was not working well, he used to bang and bodychecks people in order to wake up his troop a little bit. I think he realize that he can't do that no more, and that's an aspect of his play that will be missed. But I still like the guy though!!!

Old
01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
bugs44

lately kovalev looks like he's skating with a piano on his back.

Closed Thread