HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"clearly are building for the future" 4 more years

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
"clearly are building for the future" 4 more years

read the entire article ..... intresting comments .

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rry&id=2289889

When asked if he is looking to trade Theodore, who for the second straight game sat Wednesday night while Cristobal Huet got the start, Gainey said, "Well, we're looking to get Jose in the net. We signed him in the summer because we felt that to be a competitive team, we needed above-average goaltending, and that's what we believe he provides us. We're hardly halfway through the book. I think there's still a lot to be written, and on our team, a lot of it will and can be written by him."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

Gillett said the Canadiens "clearly are building for the future. Our 100th anniversary is in four years. We'd like to be highly competitive sometime within those four years."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

So, he plans to still own the team in the centennial season?

"As long as I'm in good health and my wife [Rose] and I can travel there on a regular basis, we'd love to own the team," he said. "We've got three sons active in the [family] business, so it's really going to be more their decision than mine. But if it were my decision, we'll own it a long time."

Old
01-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Artyukhin*

again 21,273 every game keep selling out the bell center

sound like george saying we hope to be highly competive with in the next 4 years.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-13-2006 at 04:04 AM.
Old
01-13-2006, 04:26 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

interesting.....

The fans will always be there. I'm sure Mr. Gillette realizes that. We are going to be the attendance leader in the league again for the 10th straight season (since moving in to the molson/bell center)

Hopefully its just not lip service that our owner is providing. Sometimes, it might just take some little extra quirks to try and land some free agents now that the league has enforced a salary cap. Hopefully, Mr. Gillette is willing to oblige. That's all you can expect from your owner as a fan. Somebody who is in the business to win just as much as to make money.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Guy Caballero

All this means is that we're not going to go for any major quick fixes and that our youth will determine our future. In four years, we should see what Ryder, Perez, Higgins, Pleks, Kositsyn, Price, and Komisarek are really capable of.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
The key to this is chipchura, they intend for chipchura to be the center of all our young talent and lead that team in 4 years.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:33 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. All I take from that is that his goal is to have a legit Cup contender by that time. I don't think anyone in their right mind felt we'd be more than a sure fire playoff team for the next couple of years. That's being tested at the moment though.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:24 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
All this means is that we're not going to go for any major quick fixes and that our youth will determine our future. In four years, we should see what Ryder, Perez, Higgins, Pleks, Kositsyn, Price, and Komisarek are really capable of.

"be highly competitive sometime within these four years."
This isn't rebuilding, we have accumulated the assets and will go for the cup for the century mark.
Our youth (or what they can bring us in trades) will determine our future.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Habsurd

To me this says:
1 - Theo is OUR MAN....he's the key player they're trying to build around)
2 - We're RE-building and hope to be Very competitive in a couple years.....in other words, as caballero posted, they'll stay the present course.

So unless we can fleece some one in a trade or some players over develope in a major way thereby making a Big contribution to the team....like Ryder has..... it will be the same underachieving, slow developing, directionless team that we've had the last years. But I have to admit: change DOES take time, esp w this team.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Talent Analyst

In four year we will be ready for the cup !! Our rebuit will be done .

Andrei Kostitsyn , Alexander Perezhogins , Higgins , Plekanek , Komisarek , Streit , Danis , Latendresse , Kyle Chipchura will be VERY LOCK on the team and will got good NHL experience , they will be the Heart .

Carey Price , Juraj Mikus will be really developp for the NHL .

J.T. Wymen , Ryan O'Byrne , Mikhail Grabovsky , Jaroslav Halak , Maxim Lapierre , Corey Locke , Oskari Korpikari , Alexei Emelin , Sergei Kostsitsyn can be NHL ready .

Old
01-13-2006, 05:47 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
In four year we will be ready for the cup !! Our rebuit will be done .

Andrei Kostitsyn , Alexander Perezhogins , Higgins , Plekanek , Komisarek , Streit , Danis , Latendresse , Kyle Chipchura will be VERY LOCK on the team and will got good NHL experience , they will be the Heart .

Carey Price , Juraj Mikus will be really developp for the NHL .

J.T. Wymen , Ryan O'Byrne , Mikhail Grabovsky , Jaroslav Halak , Maxim Lapierre , Corey Locke , Oskari Korpikari , Alexei Emelin , Sergei Kostsitsyn can be NHL ready .
Our rebuilding is done. When you rebuild it's to acquire kids like the ones on the list above. We have those kids already. We just need to trade what we don't need to fill the holes we have and voila. Then you rebuild again.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Raider917

if this team is "clearly building for the future" then the time has come where you have to bite the bullet. start playing the rookies. what harm can it do now?

if julien doesnt want to play them, then get another coach who will. it seems to be a no los situation. if the rookies give the team a boost like theyre doing in buffalo, then the team will likely make the playoffs. if they make the team considerably weaker(for now) then they drop far enough in the rankings to get a high draft pick again.

the worst thing that can happen is status quo. if they feel that the team will turn it around, there in for a suprise.

even "if" this team is somehow able to do what they did in the first month and a half again, there still the month and a half that followed that would likely repeat itself as well.

Closed Thread