HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Next Number Retired? 9 Adam Graves?

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
xander

vCash: 500
how is that so unbelievable? He played 234 games as a Ranger. Find me any player that has had his number retired by a team for which he only played 234 games (or anything even close to that.)

Last edited by xander: 01-13-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old
01-14-2006, 12:17 AM
puck57

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
how is that so unbelievable? He played 234 games as a Ranger. Find me any player that has had his number retired by a team for which he only played 234 games (or anything even close to that.)
If you don't have any more appreciation for the guy than to just use the number of games he played as a Ranger- (and yes whether or not some remember he was a Ranger)- he did indeed play and retire in New York- to use that as the basis for not raising his number than it ain't worth the effort.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:32 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck57
Am I the only one who thinks #99 should be raised in New York? Is Gretz not respected or liked for his play with the Rangers? It seems in some ways Gretz was not really appreciated for his time in NYC. I realize it was the end of his career but I think it would be a classy move to have his banner up there. It ain't his fault Smith did not get some better talent around him his last year or so is the way I look at it. On well, just one lone vote for #99.
He was not hear long enough and did not do enough for the team. Graves should be up there before 99.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Rangers
Retire #00 for JD, lol... but MSG only reserves spots for worthwhile banners (though the Holzman 619 banner for the Knicks looks very out of place).
It doesn't look out of place to me at all, he was an incredible coach and a true New Yorker.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:38 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck57
If you don't have any more appreciation for the guy than to just use the number of games he played as a Ranger- (and yes whether or not some remember he was a Ranger)- he did indeed play and retire in New York- to use that as the basis for not raising his number than it ain't worth the effort.

So you think that every great player that wears a rangers sweater should be retired regardless of whether or not they did anything meaningfull in it? Name me one thing that Gretzky acomplished as a Ranger that is worthy of raising his sweater to the rafters? Keeping in mind all the great Rangers that have not had they're numbers retired.

Closed Thread