HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marty the wife swapper craps on the capt

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
When someone is having a night dedicated to them i don't think it was really the most appropriate thing to do by Brodeur to take a few little shots at him but I can understand why he would. How many times around North America last night were clips shown of Marty letting in those weak goals to Messier? Brodeur will end up being an all-time great but probably his two most famous moments were him blowing game 6 to Messier and blowing game 7 to Matteau. Despite all of Marty and the Devils success he played in New Jersey and they get little hype and praise. If i were Brodeur i would praise Messier cuzz i'de be happier that night be known for Messier's heroics then my choke job.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:40 AM
jerseydevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
He has a child with a fling from when was younger.

He has two children with a woman he's been with for quite some time now.

Marty also had a son who was concieved out of wedlock (his first).

And I hope this doesn't become a conversation about Saint Hood.

It can be summed up in two sentences.

Mark Messier is an all-time great hockey player. Martin Brodeur was wrong in this situation and shouldn't have said that.

That's the long and short of it.
I think bitter might sum up marty's comments...I know Messier's background quite well and I agree that this shouldn't turn into a debate on sainthood...Whenever people bring up Marty on this site..the insult is "cheating on his wife"...We would have very few pro athletes to root for if morality was the first factor in picking them..
Don't worry- soon you can all watch the 11 minute ceremony we give Scott Stevens ,on the video board that won't work ,right after the mic cuts out..

Old
01-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
Can somebody please clear up for me the comments? Screw the fact that he ****ed around, nobody cares about that. How did he diss Messier?
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/

Quote:
"A big part of being remembered is winning the Stanley Cup," Brodeur said.
Very true and Brodeur has won 3, Messier 7. They will both remembered for that.

Quote:
"Other that that, he has a .500 record of getting his team into the playoffs."
Was that really necessary? I mean from the eyes of a dynasty, Brodeurs timing was perfect.

I mean is it really necessary. When Brodeur retires I hope his peers have a little more class than to say "Well you know, his sv. pct wasn't that great on some pretty defensive teams and he was never able to really carry anything less than a very good team to anything".

It's just not necessary. For the some reason why when anyone retires or moves on, you don't take a pot shot at them. After 22 years, 7 cups and ending a curse the guy deserves to leave without someone taken a pot shot.

Problem is, Brodeur is notorious for that. So it's going to get a reaction.

Quote:
Brodeur seemed to still be less-than-impressed about Messier's called shot.

"How many times does it happen, that a player guarantees something? So often that it's never remembered if it doesn't happen," Brodeur said.
And if Brodeur had guranteed a win and gotten a shutout, he'd be coyly playing it up. That's just sports.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkwgriswold
I love Brodeur. One of the best goalies ever, yes even better than Richter, crapping all over Messier and that overblown ceremony last night. Way to go Marty, you're the best ever. By the way Marty cheated because he got sick of his heavy set wife and needed something better and thats exactly what he got.

I can't wait for Mike and the Maddog today because they are spend at least an hour goofing on that ridiculous ceremony last night.
That's either great sarcasm or comments so far off the base of intelligence that it's hard to respond.

He got sick of his heavy set wife who gave him 3 children and got something "better". I just hope to god you never get to a point in your 40's when nature plays some cruel jokes and your significant other decides the same thing.

Probably one of the most classlest posts I've ever seen on here.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Don't worry- soon you can all watch the 11 minute ceremony we give Scott Stevens ,on the video board that won't work ,right after the mic cuts out..

I agreed with the first part of your post, but this part?

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

Old
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena
How many times around North America last night were clips shown of Marty letting in those weak goals to Messier?
I just can't imagine if it was Pat Roy, or even a dope like Belfour, they wouldn't have said, "Oh well, I was beaten by the best. Congrats Mark". You just expect more class from a real professional.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:01 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
If Roger was still the coach in 1994 we would still be living through a Cup drought!
I'm sorry, but I lack your certainty. I also suspect we could have won with Gartner instead of Anderson but that's just me, I guess.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackNeilSmith
I'm sorry, but I lack your certainty. I also suspect we could have won with Gartner instead of Anderson but that's just me, I guess.
I like Roger, but his teams always seemed to get better, but not be able to take that final step.

That was something that plagued him through his career really.

It was even more painful by the fact that Roger was a likeable, GOOD guy so you hated to feel that way.

I think Keenan was the right coach at the right time for the right team.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Marty is a total P of S who has zero character as he has shown time and time again.

It's one thing to cheat on your wife but when you have 3 small children and are ******* enough to start tapping your brother-in-law's wife which will obviously devastate not only your wife but your entire wife's family then you take the cake as a total spineless POS.

Just look at him this year now that the Devils aren't the super-trapping, defense 1st, 2nd and 3rd team that has so great inflated his stats over all these yrs and now that that isn't the case in NJ Marty's numbers have been in the bottom half of the league starters and he can't find enough excuses to bring up about why that is and just last week called for trades of his teamates and has numerous times shown up his teamates on the ice for all to see with him assigning blame with his body langue and arm flailing.

The funny thing is that you couldn't get in the building last night for under $500 but when they retire Stevens and Kenny D in a few months you can walk up 10 minutes before the game and buy a ticket for face value so let Marty worry about what a joke those ceremonies will be instead of trying to discredit one of the best players of all time and a classy tribute to him.
Excellent post. Could not have said this better myself. Brodeur shows himself again for the small, pathetic and petty man that he is. Gotta be soooo good to be a Debbie's fan

Old
01-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
I coach a traveling AAU baseball team in Nj and had the Honor of cutting Marty's kid this year felt good then and better now.
Speaking of being classless...

Old
01-13-2006, 12:25 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I like Roger, but his teams always seemed to get better, but not be able to take that final step.

That was something that plagued him through his career really.

It was even more painful by the fact that Roger was a likeable, GOOD guy so you hated to feel that way.

I think Keenan was the right coach at the right time for the right team.
Maybe. But you know what I also think? Maybe this was his one shot, maybe they COULD have won it all with Roger...and Amonte, and Gartner. And maybe it didn't happen because a man with an iron will, an iron self-certainty, and the locker room influence to pull it all down (if only as implied threat) decided that the ONLY to win was HIS way. Since the Cup did happen, after all, Mark is a bit hard to argue with. But I don't believe in whitewashing history, and Neilson was not just a likeable guy but a very great coach in his own right and I like to see him credited properly. Lots of guys other than Mike Keenan have won Cups (and without nearly tossing it all away as he nearly did in the Jersey series and his incredible "secret" negotiations to leave) and I can't deal with the assertion that Roger wasn't capable of being one of them. But I understand and appreciate your viewpoint. Understand, I've been carrying this around ever since.

Heck, the first coach I've had ANY feelings for since Neilson is the guy on the bench right now....

Old
01-13-2006, 12:29 PM
StorminZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
I coach a traveling AAU baseball team in Nj and had the Honor of cutting Marty's kid this year felt good then and better now.
A rather pathetic claim. So you don't like Brodeur? So be it, but aside the question, "what's Martin done to you", to seemingly take any amount of joy in cutting his kid from a basketball team because you don't like him is total cowardess.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Yizee*

isnt it about time to stop talking about messier? our team is much better and its because we dont have messier - all the stuff they said about messier last night was just crap - because he himself said that he retired after winning stopped being a priority...... he should be in edmonton's rafters not ours

Old
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee
isnt it about time to stop talking about messier? our team is much better and its because we dont have messier - all the stuff they said about messier last night was just crap - because he himself said that he retired after winning stopped being a priority...... he should be in edmonton's rafters not ours

Didn' want to be the first to rock the boat on this one but....

...being a huge Mess fan, etc., etc....I have to admit - I didn't think it was appropriate for them to ask Messier to lift the Cup like he did. I mean, its been 11 years since we won the cup. that's 10 champions since us....it was like the assumption was we are never going to win it again....show us one last time what it looked like Mark.

Just my opinion...

Closed Thread