HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Where would you play? Where would you not?

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 04:17 PM
MrAlfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache
Why is everyone bashing Carolina? Is it because management treats its players second to none and tries to do what is asked by players (Jeff O'Neill, Ron Francis), or is it because it is great place to have kids with a great climate, or is it because we are kicking most of your ***** and have some great young talent that will be here for a while. So get used to seeing us around. Enjoy NY all of you as you disappoint the fans there once again.

do we all have to say wed looooove to play for the canes just because you are a fan?

besides that, i didnt really see a single poster "bashing" carolina, or did you?
all they did was saying that they wouldnt wanna play in carolina... get over it

Old
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw
I have extremely fair skin and burn to a crisp at the drop of a hat.
Are you ****ing kidding me? No golf? Are you going to spend your offseason sitting inside watching tv?

01-13-2006, 04:19 PM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_kemp
Some nice city, preferably good weather.

NYR, or LA ... Montreal

I would never, I mean NEVER play for the Ducks, Oilers, Wild, Hurricanes, Panthers, Preds, Tampa

Yeah, right. Nashville's GM calls you this afternoon and you are going to tell him no?

Old
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Habsaku

I'd love to play in Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Dallas, Phoenix but my top place I'd love is probably Minnesota. Minnesota has everything I like, good people, quiet place, since they have winters I could ski and the organization is top notch, I would love being coached by Lemaire and Tremblay personally.

The place I'd hate would be Canada, anywhere in Canada, too much coverage and hockey is a religion, something I hate. I wouldnt want big US markets either. Those I've listed dont have the fan following others have and are great places for the weather and the people, which is my priority. I personally would not like to raise my children in NY or LA, which I've been too and liked as a tourist, but I wouldnt want to live there.

Old
01-13-2006, 04:21 PM
The_Eck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I'd love to play in Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Dallas, Phoenix but my top place I'd love is probably Minnesota. Minnesota has everything I like, good people, quiet place, since they have winters I could ski and the organization is top notch, I would love being coached by Lemaire and Tremblay personally.

The place I'd hate would be Canada, anywhere in Canada, too much coverage and hockey is a religion, something I hate. I wouldnt want big US markets either. Those I've listed dont have the fan following others have and are great places for the weather and the people, which is my priority. I personally would not like to raise my children in NY or LA, which I've been too and liked as a tourist, but I wouldnt want to live there.
I wouldn't want you on my hockey team. Too much coverage on hockey?? Why because there would actually be some pressure??

Old
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
WVP

Vancouver, Detroit, Montreal, Phoenix or Pittsburgh.

Old
01-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck
I wouldn't want you on my hockey team. Too much coverage on hockey?? Why because there would actually be some pressure??
I dont care about pressure, I do care about people invading my private life and that of my family. I also care about the weather, the city and the fan treatment. When I go to the groceries, I'd rather no one starts speaking to me for 15 minutes or some idiot 30 year old starts asking me for 10 autographs for his cousin eBay.

Old
01-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Hockeycanada*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
Are you ****ing kidding me? No golf? Are you going to spend your offseason sitting inside watching tv?
Canada has golf courses too.

Old
01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Jagr314

For sentimental reasons: St. Louis, I am from there so, I would love to play for the team of my youth.

For fashion reasons: Pittsburgh, I love their uniforms, not to mention the possibility of playing LW on a line with Crosby and Malkin.

For championship aspirations: Philadelphia, I sign there for a one-year deal and lead the Flyers to a Stanley Cup, winning the Conn Smythe in the process.

For nightlife: Atlanta, the place to be for a 21 year old black guy. Plus I could play with Hossa, Kovalchuk, and Bondra.

I would not like to play for: Calgary (Seems boring to me), Montreal (I took French for 6 years and I still suck at it.), Phoenix (Too hot!)

Old
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
revolverjgw

Quote:
I don't like golf or beaches. I don't/wouldn't get bored without them. All I need is my wonderful friends at HFboards.com!

Old
01-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Dr Quincy

1. Montreal- as long as I was either consistently good over my career or at least a "blood and guts, give it everything ya got" grinder. I wouldn't want to be an erratic goalie or a highly skilled but inconsistent skater.

2. Dallas- No state income tax.

3. San Jose

4. Detroit

Old
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Habsaku

Do anyone here that states not knowing french as a reason for not playing for Montreal realize that you dont need to learn the language to be comfortable? Pretty much everyone speaks proper english and 50% of the anglos in Quebec dont know french. If you're talking about Gaspesie, I can understand, but I wouldnt be surprise if MTL was the most bilingual city in NA.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr314

For nightlife: Atlanta, the place to be for a 21 year old black guy. Plus I could play with Hossa, Kovalchuk, and Bondra.

You got THAT right! Come on down!

Me, I like Montreal, even though I don't speak French, except for that line out of Lady Marmalade (which would get me far )

Old
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw
I don't like golf or beaches. I don't/wouldn't get bored without them. All I need is my wonderful friends at HFboards.com!
that is scary

Old
01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
It would be nice to play somewhere like Minny, or Vancouver, just because i like those areas of the country.

BOS and CHI, would be cool, too.

I would hate to play for NJ or NYI, cause of the rival thing. I would not want to play for PITT because the city is god awful, Philly for the scummy residents, or LA, cause i hate southern California and its people.
AHHH!! He called me scummy!!

I'd LOVE to play in Philly,that's my dream. it's been my dream for a while,and I plan on doing everything I can to make it happen. I'd also like to play in Anaheim,since I loved Anaheim when I went there last summer,plus I have a home to go to after the game.

Where I wouldn't want to play,hmmm,no offence to Canadians or anything,but I can't see myself playing there. It's always cold,and I'll be far away from my family. although I hear that Montreal can be fun for your average partyloving female,so maybe I'll have to check that out.

but anyways,other than that,I can't complain about which team to be on and not to be on,I'll just be happy that any NHL team would be willing to give a 5 foot female a chance.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:07 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Vancouver (beautiful city, decent team)
Phoenix (weather, lots of golf, play for Gretzky)
Chicago (love the city, great sweater)
Nashville (play with Kariya and I like almost all music, so lots of concerts)
Carolina (team is obviously improving, excellent place to live and raise a family)
Toronto (awesome city, hockey is #1, would have to avoid sports radio, though)

For the poster from Raleigh, keep on defending your team. There must be something great about the city if Ron Francis couldn't wait to get back there after retiring rather than live in Toronto.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
my top place I'd love is probably Minnesota. Minnesota has everything I like, good people, quiet place, since they have winters I could ski
They have skiing in Minnesota?

If youre looking for skiing, you should consider Denver, Vancouver or Calgary over Minnesota.

If you were a professional hockey player being paid millions though, I doubt you would be allowed to ski, or that you would have the energy from the toll of the season.

Old
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr314

Do they still do Freaknik down there, or did the put an end to that?

Old
01-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Chinaski*

I'd play wherever Ovechkin plays. Because with me in the line up he would be the greatest player on Earth.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:14 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I would like to play in NYC for the Rangers or in Toronto for the Leafs. Calgary wouldnt be that bad as well.

I wouldnt like to play in Jersey ( no fans ), Florida, or Edmonton. Even though the Oilers have a solid fan base and such if your in Edmonton you are there and thats it. Only real civilization in a large radius.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:43 PM
O'shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eck
Who would want to play in Detroit?? Yes, it's a well run organization, but the city is a complete dump. I believe americans (outside of the michigan area) themselves call it 'the armpit of america'. Yuck.
I think if you ask any of the players, they'll tell you it's the best place they've ever played. That's why so many players who retire from the Wings end up staying in the area.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
The_Eck

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'shizzle
I think if you ask any of the players, they'll tell you it's the best place they've ever played. That's why so many players who retire from the Wings end up staying in the area.
Money changes everything. I've been to the detroit area and it is not a pretty sight.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
San Jose - It's everyone's dream as a kid (and maybe as an adult too) to play for their hometown team

Minnesota - Hockey capitol of the US, and I like having a real winter

I'd hate to play anywhere that rarely sells out. I play best in front of a large crowd.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:55 PM
SerbianEagle

I'd play for:

1. Edmonton
2. Ottawa
3. Detroit

I would NOT play for:

1. Calgary
2. Dallas
3. Colorado