HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thoughts on Grebeshkov

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 05:50 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
Thoughts on Grebeshkov

So far, Grebs seems to making the most of this call up. Although he's had a couple of questionable moments and notwithstanding the 11th hour penalty in last night's game, he's been fairly good. Passes have been pretty crisp and it looks like he's more than willing to shoot the puck. In my book, so far, so good. Comments?

Old
01-06-2006, 05:53 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Been solid. Nothing spectacular. Nothing terrible either. Just keep putting in your time and learn as you go.

01-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Been solid. Nothing spectacular. Nothing terrible either. Just keep putting in your time and learn as you go.
Yep.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Kick

So far it looks like the change in venue is working out OK for Grebs. Hope he continues playing well.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
DylanBeltran99

Quote:

Agreed.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

i agree. for the manchester folk, is he playing better then how you guys remembered him? Cause as of so far, i have to say he's been pretty solid and i have very little copmlaints about him.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i agree. for the manchester folk, is he playing better then how you guys remembered him? Cause as of so far, i have to say he's been pretty solid and i have very little copmlaints about him.
Absolutely. Many of us have thought that being in Manchester may not have been agreeing with Denis. I'll give him all the credit in the world for going to LA and playing like he knows how to. This Manchester fan (who has been one of the critical ones) hopes that it works out for Grebs.

Last edited by Kick: 01-06-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old
01-06-2006, 06:45 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
Absolutely. Many of us have thought that being in Manchester may not have been agreeing with Denis. I'll give him all the credit in the world for go to LA and playing like he knows how to. This Manchester fan (who has been one of the critical ones) hopes that it works out for Grebs.
Concur with this post.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Venom_17

There comes a time when a top prospect has to be given the chance to sink or swim. If Grebs is playing solid, he should be kept up for the entire season. He won't be able to develop properly otherwise. He needs long-term exposure to the big league.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Scottkmlps

Let's just say, he should be playing when Weaver and/or Miller come back. Have the 6 d-men when everyone is healthy being:

Visnovsky/Corvo
Gleason/Miller
Norstrom/Grebeshkov

And no I didn't mean this being 1st pairing to 3rd pairing in ice-time, just that these guys should be paired together when everyone is healthy. Having Matty as his d-man partner could allow Grebs to get into the offensive side of the game more.
What has seemed to be a weak spot for the Kings at the start of the season, has gotten solid play from Gleason, Grebs, and Weaver (well at least the 1st 1/4 of the season from Weaver.).

Last edited by Scottkmlps: 01-06-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
bland

Without re-stating some of the points from previous posts in this and other threads, it's also pretty important for the organization to get some idea of how he will perform in the NHL before his contract's up.

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't get a long look. Hopefully he will deserve it.

Old
01-06-2006, 07:32 PM
David A. Rainer

This thread has too much agreement in it. We need more battles. Where is jt and KB when you need them?

Old
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
This thread has too much agreement in it. We need more battles. Where is jt and KB when you need them?
Bite me!!!

Hey, who's that #37 guy playing defense for the Kings these days? Can't say that I've seen him around before. He's not half bad...

Old
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
David A. Rainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Bite me!!!

Hey, who's that #37 guy playing defense for the Kings these days? Can't say that I've seen him around before. He's not half bad...

Old
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Grebeshkov is the team's replacement for Corvo when they give ol' Joe the boot this Summer. How's that?

Seriously, though, I'm in agreement with everyone here. I want him to continue getting big ice-time and I'll be crossing my fingers that he doesn't make too many mistakes. I get the feeling that he's 2-3 years away from really blooming, at which time he'll be anything from a #2 defenseman to just a Corvo (not bad for a worst-case scenario, though). I've liked what I've seen so far.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-06-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Maybe we are all positive because it's Friday and the weekend looms...
I actually thought I'd get somewhat slammed for my comments.

On a side note, how long has he been wearing a dark tinted visor? Not as dark as Ovechkin's but still noticeably darker than the other players.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Fat Elvis

What I see is that he is keeping it simple, not trying to do too much. I think trying to be superman hurt his play in Manchester. So far in LA he hasn't tried to do anything but make the easy play, which he should be doing.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Maybe we are all positive because it's Friday and the weekend looms...
I actually thought I'd get somewhat slammed for my comments.

On a side note, how long has he been wearing a dark tinted visor? Not as dark as Ovechkin's but still noticeably darker than the other players.
He's been wearing it all season in Manchester. Wore the clear type in years past.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
What I see is that he is keeping it simple, not trying to do too much. I think trying to be superman hurt his play in Manchester. So far in LA he hasn't tried to do anything but make the easy play, which he should be doing.
You may be on to something here. Perhaps he was trying to hard to impress in Manchester and in his zeal he was screwing the pooch big time. Of course, he hasn't gotten a lot of ice time in a game yet, I don't think. And as KB said elsewhere, it is later in the game where he tends to lose his focus and the wheels begin to come off the wagon. He was in practically every game in Manchester for the entire game. He's only catching minimal minutes in LA, right?

Old
01-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
He's only catching minimal minutes in LA, right?
7:24 in hist first game vs. the Stars
17:23 against the Stars, game 2
16:49 last night vs. the Coyotes.

So, he's been getting decent minutes.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:44 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
he's been getting decent minutes.
Hmmm...I thought I had read here or somewhere else that he was only getting 4, 5 and 7 minute games.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
You may be on to something here. Perhaps he was trying to hard to impress in Manchester and in his zeal he was screwing the pooch big time. Of course, he hasn't gotten a lot of ice time in a game yet, I don't think. And as KB said elsewhere, it is later in the game where he tends to lose his focus and the wheels begin to come off the wagon. He was in practically every game in Manchester for the entire game. He's only catching minimal minutes in LA, right?
Yep, plus he's paired with either Matty or Gleason whom both play a safe style. I'm sure it's only time before he makes a mistake, but so far he hasn't and that is all we want right now. I think the coaches want him to build some confidence before they throw too much at him. The ol' KISS-keep it simple stupid- approach.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Hmmm...I thought I had read here or somewhere else that he was only getting 4, 5 and 7 minute games.
It wouldn't be a good idea to give a defenseman so few minutes. That would mean skating the rest of the defensemen 25-30 minutes. To play a defenseman, you pretty much have to commit to giving him at least 10 minutes. That's probably one reason why he was in Manchester until recently. It's helped Grebeshkov these last two games (to get ~17 minutes) that the Kings are hurt with injuries.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Not only has he kept it simple, but his shot on the PP is wicked.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:31 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Maybe I should hijack the thread by saying "When is Deader coming back?"

Closed Thread