HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tootoo or Stevenson

View Poll Results: Tootoo or Stevenson
Tootoo 24 85.71%
Stevenson 2 7.14%
Either 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 07:42 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Tootoo or Stevenson

Who would you rather see stick this season.

Personally, it's Tootoo and not even that close. He's just a better player, harder hitter, supplies more energy and has better chemistry with Hordichuk and Smithson. With Tootoo in the line-up you notice when that line is out there, with Stevenson in the line-up that's not usually the case. They both have 6 points but Tootoo's have come in almost half the amount games played. Smithson and Hordichuk's numbers have both doubled since Tootoo joined that line.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:28 AM
wdeshotels

Send a message via AIM to wdeshotels
I think it's Tootoo because he makes the other linemates better. The fourth line should spend thier shift in the other team's zone. With Tootoo's speed on the forecheck that is simply more likely.

Old
01-10-2006, 12:28 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I am just so thoroughly impressed with his discipline this time around. Trotz told him to go down and round out his game, and you can literally see that he went and completed his assignment.

Old
01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
handtrick

If Stevenson does get a single vote it would be from either Trotz or Poile signed in under a pseudonym......in fact, those are the only two votes that really matter....

Old
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Actually, I picked Stevenson. I'm not particularly a Tootoo fan, and I'm not sure I really buy that it's his effect on the team that makes the fourth line good. The fourth line was the only one forechecking even before he was called up. At least Stevenson scores a goal now and then.

Old
01-10-2006, 03:02 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I honestly hated to vote for Tootoo. I love Stevenson. The guy does everything you could want a roll player to do. In fact I almost wouldn't mind seeing him the lines look like this if Upshall and Fiddler end up being the ones sent down.

Kariya-Legwand-Hartnell
Sullivan-Perrault(gag-hate it, but best option)-Walker
Stevenson-Johnson-Hall
Hordichuk-Smithson-Tootoo

Trade Erat for a friggin pick. I think we could get atleast a 3rd rounder for him. That or maybe package him off with Klien and get a better option for the 1st or 2nd line center.

Old
01-10-2006, 03:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No offense nomo but you can really tell it at the games, whereas it doesn't show up as much on the screen. Tootoo effect as far as the energy level is unmistakeable.

Old
01-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
No offense nomo but you can really tell it at the games, whereas it doesn't show up as much on the screen. Tootoo effect as far as the energy level is unmistakeable.
He is right Nomo....and I am completely in your boat in regards to Tootoo.

01-10-2006, 05:54 PM
efice32

Send a message via AIM to efice32
I think as far as their hockey skills go, they're fairly even. However, Tootoo is a fan favorite and energizes the team and the crowd which can make the difference in a game.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:58 PM
beautypersoni

I've been a booster of Jeremy Stevenson during both his stints with the team. IMO, he's an untapped source of extra offense. Seriously. I think he could, if paired with the right linemates, score at least ten goals a season for us. For the record, I voted "Either". I liked him on the third line with Greg Johnson and Adam Hall. That said, I don't think he'll be around next season. :-(

Anyhoo...

Christopher "Beautiful" Carlson
Canada's #1 Nashville Predators Fan
"You can never have too many pucks."
http://www.livejournal.com/users/beautypersoni/

Old
01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
muddycreek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
I've been a booster of Jeremy Stevenson during both his stints with the team. IMO, he's an untapped source of extra offense. Seriously. I think he could, if paired with the right linemates, score at least ten goals a season for us. For the record, I voted "Either". I liked him on the third line with Greg Johnson and Adam Hall. That said, I don't think he'll be around next season. :-(

Anyhoo...

LOL LOL LOL
Toots hands down! He's done everything Trotz ask him to do. As for ERAT...you're nuts IMO. I'd give up eaton before him!

Old
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
beautypersoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
LOL LOL LOL
Toots hands down! He's done everything Trotz ask him to do. As for ERAT...you're nuts IMO. I'd give up eaton before him!
Where did I mention Martin Erat? You must have been responding to another post I made. And you can't compare Erat with Mark Eaton. Winger and defenseman? Huh?! We have a surplus of both defensemen and wingers though. So I see them both moving on eventually, to make room for others - Scottie Upshall, Alexander Radulov, Kevin Klein, Shea Weber. Who knows when though? As for Jordin Tootoo; he didn't do what he was supposed to do last season in AHL Milwaukee. But he got the message this season, and got the call-up.

Anyhoo...

Old
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Uppie101

Unless there is a trade Toots will be joining Uppie in Milwaukee. Nichol is playing tonight and in the 3rd he has 2 goals and 1 assist so it won't be long before he is back up and someone else gets the demotion.

Old
01-14-2006, 07:19 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nichol is a center.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:48 AM
beautypersoni

But with Jeremy Stevenson back, when Scott Nichol returns we'll have 14 forwards. We'll need to send at least one down. That'll be either Vernon Fiddler, Jerred Smithson or Jordin Tootoo. And Tootoo, besides being hurt, won't have to clear waivers. Having an extra center in Nashville wouldn't be too bad.

Anyhoo...

Old
01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Uppie101

With the game Nichol had last night and the post game comments that Coach Noel had about him, my guess is that he is only there for the next two games and called back up. Like with Uppie, Toots do not have to clear waivers so sending him down has no risk. The only way Toots or Uppie gets to stay in Nashville or play in the NHL for the remainder of the season is a trade or another longer term injury.

Old
01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
handtrick

Tootoo sent back to Milwaukee.....Trotzy's man-crush on Stevenson continues....

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=723

Old
01-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Tootoo sent back to Milwaukee.....Trotzy's man-crush on Stevenson continues....

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?story_id=723
i disagree with this move..unless the sole purpose is to buy some time to package a couple of players in some trade in the relatively near future, including stevenson, and then recalling tootoo

i don't really expect that is imminent though, instead i beleive we're simply taking the easy way out, because we don't have the guts to risk some of these fringe guys like stevenson,fiddler,smithson,nichol and allison to waivers

Old
01-16-2006, 05:54 PM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
i disagree with this move..unless the sole purpose is to buy some time to package a couple of players in some trade in the relatively near future, including stevenson, and then recalling tootoo

i don't really expect that is imminent though, instead i beleive we're simply taking the easy way out, because we don't have the guts to risk some of these fringe guys like stevenson,fiddler,smithson,nichol and allison to waivers

I really don't think it's a bad idea to protect our depth at this point in the season. I also suspect that management would rather have Tootoo and any other waivers exempt players (Upshall, Weber) playing in Milwaukee during the Olympic Break instead of not playing. Having said that, I will be upset if we are not playing our best eighteen skaters come late March.

Old
01-17-2006, 07:43 AM
preddevil

From the City Paper: http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index....&news_id=47208

"Forward Jordin Tootoo has been reassigned to the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League.

With the Predators taking a couple of days off, and Tootoo feeling better, it was decided the move was necessary to give him some ice time."

Old
01-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
It's in the Tennessean transactions too. Tootoo reassigned to Milwaukee.

I really hope that it is just to get him into some games while the Predators are off. Stevenson again showed me why I don't like him in the Pittsburgh game. A stupid penalty and on top of that he doesn't have the speed or energy to get the energy line going. Hordichuk is a great hitter, but Tootoo makes the line so much more effective.

Old
01-17-2006, 10:22 PM
beautypersoni

I agree. Jeremy Stevenson doesn't belong on the fourth line with Darcy Hordichuk and Jerred Smithson. But he does belong on the third line, scoring the occasional goal, with Greg Johnson and Adam Hall. :-) Anyhoo...

Old
01-18-2006, 03:42 AM
Avery4Byng*

I would most def take Tootoo.

Old
01-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
I agree. Jeremy Stevenson doesn't belong on the fourth line with Darcy Hordichuk and Jerred Smithson. But he does belong on the third line, scoring the occasional goal, with Greg Johnson and Adam Hall. :-) Anyhoo...
you're kidding right?..over erat or hartnell? because that's who he'd have to replace to play there

Last edited by Pred303: 01-18-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old
01-18-2006, 06:28 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
you're kidding right?..over erat or hartnell? beacause that's who he'd have to replace to play there
easy tiger, lol

Closed Thread