HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Julien fired!! Gainey head coach (ALL TALK IN HERE)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Kerberos*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
One problem I always had with CJ is that he is a good guy. He really looked like he was faking it when he was mad. He was stammering, making inconsistent body language etc. The guys probably read right through him and weren't impressed by him anymore. I think it's awesome that we now have a coach with real presence out there. I think Gainey should stay as coach for at least the rest of the season to teach those guys who's boss.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever
All along we were think Gainey was going to make a trade and he takes us by surprise as always and fires the coach...It would have been funny if Julien would have had a pep-talk a la Michel Therrien before he left...

CJ: "I don't understand what is going on with this club, when I look at them, they look like they care but I know they don't. They don't care. They just want to come to practice and pretend like they care but they don't care. They are out there on the hice and they don't know what they are doing. I think the main goals that our defense has is too be the worst defensive squad in the league. They don't care. I have never seen a bunch of sofv players like them. They make my job miserable. They sofv. Thank God that Cristo is playing good for us or else it would be ha lot worse. Thank you."

LOLOL

Old
01-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Big Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Makes sense, Carbs is the next coach over Jarvis because he left a good management post in Dallas to be an assistant again...unless Gainey is making hims Assistant GM too?
I agree I didnt forsee Carbs coming back unless he was going to be the coach.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
It's a big surprise to me. I can't wait to see the lines tonite.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:07 AM
mikeg

it's so nice to see your dreams come true.

hopefully the bo brother's will get these guys busting their collective anuses each and every shift.

mike

Old
01-14-2006, 10:08 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Sutter doesnt have the mentality to cope with the Montreal media and he wouldnt be an asset in terms of marketing. Alain Vignault is the man in my mine.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
i'm in shock. Julien as far as i'm concerned wasn't the problem. i only wish this is not the only change there will be. Players are concerned too.
Same here. I certainly didn't expect this today. CJ was not a bad coach IMO. He may have lost the dressing room I guess.

These lazy @** players better start skating tonight. I hope there are more changes coming soon.

Carbonneau in the organization is excellent though.

Going to the game tonight... hope it's a good one after this!

Old
01-14-2006, 10:11 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Sutter doesnt have the mentality to cope with the Montreal media and he wouldnt be an asset in terms of marketing. Alain Vignault is the man in my mine.
You gotta be kidding about the mentality quote on Sutter! And Vignault, well beeen there and done that.

Coach is Carbs people.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:12 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
i'm in shock. Julien as far as i'm concerned wasn't the problem. i only wish this is not the only change there will be. Players are concerned too.

Good move, I also cant' understand the negative comments about this move... so many complaints about lines and scratches, now a coaching change and complaints abotu that. Can we never be a little bit optimistic???

Can't make player moves when the players you wish to move are slumping - selling low will be a quick way to regress exponentially. The fact is, sometimes a coaching change motivates players. Our players have appeared unmotivated (some especially so) lately, so what the heck is so bad about ainey taking over behind the bench???

Old
Habstract0

Quote:
It's certainly does not happen too often that a coach can be in charge of the same team twice.

Maybe Gainey asked Lever to take over and he refused? Or they are still in discussion?

Old
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Coach is Carbs people.
I agree, Gainey just want him to have time to familiarize himself with the team.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

holy crap, I was not expecting this AT ALL!

Old
01-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
so what about the media, the team wins they're happy the team doesn't win they compain no matter who the coach is. Carbonneau could still do the press conferences if Sutter is named coach.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:15 AM
LeHab

Bob probably tried to make a bunch of trades but no one wants our dead wood, so to make a change he fires the head coach hah. Look what the change to a more emotional coach did in Pittsburgh, not too much.

I can't wait to see who is going to be the new coach.

Old
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
holy crap, I was not expecting this AT ALL!

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
Good move, I also cant' understand the negative comments about this move... so many complaints about lines and scratches, now a coaching change and complaints abotu that. Can we never be a little bit optimistic???
That's exactly what I was thinking. You can't make Habs fans happy.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
That's exactly what I was thinking. You can't make Habs fans happy.
Agreed

Old
01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
AH

Julien had lost the room. Doug Jarvis has always been Bob Gainey's eyes and ears in the dressing room giong back to their Minnesota days.

The last two months saw a lot of questionable calls by Julien in terms of lineup and utilization of the bench. Playing some guys 25 minutes and others 5 minutes leads to injury and fatigue.

That's not to say the Julien is a bad coach, but he just couldnt cope anymore.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:19 AM
habs_24x

I see Carbonneau as the new coach also. He wouldnt leave Dallas for nothing or to be an assistant. its his time to shine as head coach.
Good move imo, the team needed a shake up but Gainey is not done, trades are imminent and the team will rise once again. Playoffs, here we come!

Old
01-14-2006, 10:19 AM
slick_adonis

vCash:
Bash me all you want, I for one am in total disagreement with Julien's firing. Huge mistake...and I'm going to add it to the list of bonehead moves Gainey has made.

Gainey...loved him as a player...but can't stand him as a GM. I suspect the main reason most people can't see how bad he's proving to be is due to the fact that he was so loved as a player that people can see him doing no wrong.

Another brutal move...

Old
01-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Is anyone else practically giddy in anticipation for tonight's game?

Old

Wow!

I'm shocked...that's Bob Gainey for you...

I really liked Julien, but looks like it was time to go in a new direction, I remember during last game when they showed Carbonneau, I told myself that it would be funny if Julien got fired and Carbonneau came on....

How long do you think Gainey will stay behind the bench? and more importantly, do you think Carbonneau will be the eventuall successor?

Old
Mathletic

I'd be surprised if he leaves the Remparts but Patrick Roy anyone ?

Old
01-14-2006, 10:21 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_adonis

Gainey...loved him as a player...but can't stand him as a GM. I suspect the main reason most people can't see how bad he's proving to be is due to the fact that he was so loved as a player that people can see him doing no wrong.
Or maybe because he did win a Cup in Dallas and followed it up with a Finals appearance after taking over a real bad team.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:21 AM
yoteshot

RIS just said that Guy Carbonneau will be the headcoach of the Habs in few time. So I guess Gainey will just be there for tonight and then, Carbonneau will take his spot..

Closed Thread