HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Press conference with Bob Gainey at 12:30 ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Losco
He actually named Perezhogin specifically?

Smart man, this Gainey.

Yep, he talked about making the playoffs AND playing the kids in the process and then mentionned Kostitsyn and Perezhogin...then a reporter asked about Perezhogin and Gainey answered "when we feel he's ready" he will get the call back up...But he sounded very much ready to say "Yes"...

Old
01-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Yep, he talked about making the playoffs AND playing the kids in the process and then mentionned Kostitsyn and Perezhogin...then a reporter asked about Perezhogin and Gainey answered "when we feel he's ready" he will get the call back up...But he sounded very much ready to say "Yes"...

Beauty.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:21 PM
MightyPleky*

Send a message via MSN to MightyPleky*
Who was the coach at the pratice this morning ? Carbo, BG or CJ ?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:22 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I also like how he said they were gonna use their speed and work on puck control, passing and getting 100% out of every shift and only resting on the bench

Old
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyPleky
Who was the coach at the pratice this morning ? Carbo, BG or CJ ?
I heard on CJAD they were called to a meeting before practice and Gainey told them then. So that means Gainey led the practice?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Breaking News: Demers just had a heartattack.. lol
he was just going nuts on rds

Old
01-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I heard on CJAD they were called to a meeting before practice and Gainey told them then. So that means Gainey led the practice?
Gainey and Carbonneau were there.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:25 PM
MightyPleky*

Send a message via MSN to MightyPleky*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Probably, or was the assistant-coach remaining alone (most possible way IMO)..

They talk in bad about Saku now .. they are not in the freakin player room so shut the **************** RDS

Old
01-14-2006, 12:26 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

just remembeered he also said that one of the reasons why he is taking over this year is because he is the guy responsable and its now up to him to bring results and to take the blame if they didnt come

Old
01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyPleky
Probably, or was the assistant-coach remaining alone (most possible way IMO)..

They talk in bad about Saku now .. they are not in the freakin player room so shut the **************** RDS
they are in a better position to talk about it then us however. Remember that this isn't the first time people doubt Saku's leadership. This is something that come up every year.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:33 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio
they are in a better position to talk about it then us however. Remember that this isn't the first time people doubt Saku's leadership. This is something that come up every year.
thank you. Saku needs to take charge on the ice AND the locker room.

Old
Mathletic

one thing I like about Gainey is that he's not afraid of anyone and it doesn't bother him to call names in public. He doesn't call those names just to make those players look bad. It's just hey you have to do better than that if you want to win, speaking of Théodore, Souray and Markov. Also naming Perezoghin and couple others was good to hear.

Old
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio
Because Demers keeps bringing it up. God I can't stand Demers....

Old
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
Because Demers keeps bringing it up. God I can't stand Demers....
Not only Demers, a lot of people have been bringing this issue over the last few years. Koivu might be a leader on the ice but he's not a very good leader in the locker room, stop kidding yourselves.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
thank you. Saku needs to take charge on the ice AND the locker room.
Why do people always assume he doesn't say anythign in the locker room?
Why has he been captain for Finland for years? Why was he voted in (by the players) as captain for Montreal when he was only 24?

I'm sure it's not only because of the way he plays on the ice.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
Why do people always assume he doesn't say anythign in the locker room?
Why has he been captain for Finland for years? Why was he voted in (by the players) as captain for Montreal when he was only 24?

I'm sure it's not only because of the way he plays on the ice.
Don't you know? A special group of posters from this board are always present in the Habs lockerroom between periods.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:40 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Don't you know? A special group of posters from this board are always present in the Habs lockerroom between periods.

bla bla bla...
the team has sucked for the last 2 months and the captain should be held responsible more than any other player.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

It just pains me to see how so one-diemensional some of you are..

He fired Julien because he didnt play Theodore for 3 games.. jesus ****ing christ.. do you even think before you post?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I can't stand what Demers said at the end. That was classless.

It's fine to say Koivu doesn't speak up as much as a captain should. While people don't know what goes on in the dressing room between periods, at least that statement has some merritt as you don't see Koivu doing it in public.

But that's where Demers should have shut his trap. Instead he went on to question Koivu's motives, in that he will be a UFA at the end of the year, in that he isn't and shouldn't be a priority for the Canadiens, and that why should he care since he isn't even sure that Carbonneau will be his coach next year. At that point you've crossed a line and made a personal attack on a player.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
I can't stand what Demers said at the end. That was classless.

It's fine to say Koivu doesn't speak up as much as a captain should. While people don't know what goes on in the dressing room between periods, at least that statement has some merritt as you don't see Koivu doing it in public.

But that's where Demers should have shut his trap. Instead he went on to question Koivu's motives, in that he will be a UFA at the end of the year, in that he isn't and shouldn't be a priority for the Canadiens, and that why should he care since he isn't even sure that Carbonneau will be his coach next year. At that point you've crossed a line and made a personal attack on a player.
That and his comment about it being easier for his team to be a family because they "didn't have a United Nations in the locker room" makes me wonder if he just can't stand the fact that a European is the captain of the Montreal Canadiens.

Speaking as somebody whose group of friends could be described as a "united nations" of sorts, I don't find it difficult for all of us to get along.

Whatever though. There's a reason these people are pundits and not involved in the running of organizations.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Not only Demers, a lot of people have been bringing this issue over the last few years. Koivu might be a leader on the ice but he's not a very good leader in the locker room, stop kidding yourselves.
I completely agree

Enough with that "Saku is untouchable and should not be criticized" BS.

I love Koivu but at some point the real things need to be said.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
That and his comment about it being easier for his team to be a family because they "didn't have a United Nations in the locker room" makes me wonder if he just can't stand the fact that a European is the captain of the Montreal Canadiens.

Speaking as somebody whose group of friends could be described as a "united nations" of sorts, I don't find it difficult for all of us to get along.

Whatever though. There's a reason these people are pundits and not involved in the running of organizations.
That "pundit" is also the last guy that brought a cup in Montreal and that "pundit" is also the same guy that inspired Carbo to say that he want to create a family with this team.

But of course ,as soon as someone criticize the almighty Saku , he instantly become a hack

Old
01-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Portishead

Man, oh ! man...

I was so pissed reading yesterday on RDS.ca taht the second line would be Bulis-Bonk-Zednik that I almost thought of not watching the game.
It was clear that Julien was gonna go with veterans only (to my opinion) until we'd get better.

Gainey talked alot about the Kostitsyn & Perezhogin (even if he's not in Montreal right now). He knows that this team will only get better as the younger players are getting better, and that's by playing them and asking of them their best efforts. Those young guys need to be surrounded by the veterans, not the veterans playing with themselves as they get older and maybe less effective.

I love that Gainey's gonna ease Carbonneau's step into the coaching position by staying all year with him. I'm excited about that, very much.

Who saw it coming ? Man, oh ! man... I didn't.

Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic
That "pundit" is also the last guy that brought a cup in Montreal and that "pundit" is also the same guy that inspired Carbo to say that he want to create a family with this team.

Funny, I thought Roy brought that Cup to Montreal

Fact of the matter is Demers isn't getting a job in hockey because he hasn't evolved with the game. Things are a lot different than they were 13 years ago. But if you want to turn Demers into some sacred cow, by all means, go ahead.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic
I completely agree

Enough with that "Saku is untouchable and should not be criticized" BS.

I love Koivu but at some point the real things need to be said.
Agreed..I love koivu as much as the next guy, but we need to stop thinking that this guy does no wrong, or that he he's untouchable either for trades or criticism...

Closed Thread