HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev going back to Russia

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Kondratiev going back to Russia

Sam Rosen was on The Leafs wake up with the Leafs Radio show on Thurs and stated that Kondratiev is a again home sick and doesn't want to be in North America and will not resign here next year. His feelings were he was over whelmed in New York and thus the Rangers felt moving him now was the best for both partys. I said when he was traded he looked out of place and home sick

Old
01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Noonan25

well it looks like the Rangers made the right trade now....

Old
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
DarthSather99

I'm glad we traded him. It's probably not easy to learn different cultures and languages.

Old
01-14-2006, 11:07 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I never saw what the big deal with Kondratiev was. The fact that he was somewhat well regarded made him the perfect trade bait.

01-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Wow, an all out steal for Slats.

We basically got Sykora and a 4th for FREE

Old
01-14-2006, 11:38 AM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Wow, an all out steal for Slats.

We basically got Sykora and a 4th for FREE
Great news! Sather cntinues pillaging

And when I heard we had traded for Sykora I knew he would do extremely well here, the fact that the Ducks dont veen have the player we traded to them makes the deal even sweeter! I feel a bit sorry for Drats though if he would have continued his NHL career here but got traded and so felt he had to go home.

Anyway good news for us

Old
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
dedalus

Meh. Kondratiev is currently at a low point. He felt overwhelmed in NYC, but that's hardly unusual. Next he gets shipped to across the country. He may very well go home, but I wouldn't say that words spoken a week after he's been dealt make it a lock. Once he gets settles in and can relax in a MUCH more laid back city, we may find him changing his position.

Good luck to him whichever way he goes.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Purintoned.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Fletch

What else would you pay..

for an underperforming veteran rental? Seems like a steal, but perhaps demand wasn't too great for him.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I'm thinking now Tyutin was the only thing keeping Drats from going back sooner, once he was traded he said "forgett about it" and took off.

I'm dissapointed to see Drats leave the NHL because i was looking foward watching him turn into a pretty good defensmen down the line, but now this trade was a complete steal for us, we got a 4th round pick and Sykora for nothing really.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Wow. Do you think the Rangers had some indication that going home was on his mind? If they did, is that a trade in bad faith?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:19 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Wow. Do you think the Rangers had some indication that going home was on his mind? If they did, is that a trade in bad faith?
That would suck. I don't know what the league's action would be (voiding? compensation?), but I don't imagine Bettman would just shrug and say "caveat emptor, Ducks."

Old
01-14-2006, 12:26 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Considering Kondratiev did this when he was with Leafs, and the Ducks knew his contract was up at the end of the year, they would be fools to not have believed this was a possibility. I don't see any "bad faith" on the part of the Rangers. The Rangers have the same problem with Rachunek; was there "bad faith" on the part of the Senators?

Old
01-14-2006, 12:38 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Not sure when he plans on leaving, but he's still playing. Kondratiev started for Portland last night.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:38 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Why is Kondratiev being discussed here if 1) he was traded 2) went from Hartford's locker room to Portland's last Sunday, then scored in his 2nd full game as a Pirate----

Old
01-14-2006, 12:40 PM
SML

Kondratiev has talent, but not an ounce of heart. It is no surprise to me that he is going home, the kid's a quitter. It showed on the ice and now it has shown off the ice. I am curious as to his background in Russia, is he from a well to do family? Does he realize that he can make more money here than most Russian families could ever dream of? That he could provide for his entire family by sucking it up and maing the best of the situation? That there are thousands of players who would give their very life for just a shot at the opportunity he seems to be casually throwing away? I didn't care for him when he was here, I was happy when he was traded, and now I am glad he is going where he belongs: AWAY.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:47 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I knew it!! its what i said all along! Great move by Sather. He didnt want to be here, you got rid of him and got a pick AND a good player that DOES want to be in NY. Burke must have not done his homework there... nice.

Old
01-14-2006, 12:54 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Kondratiev has talent, but not an ounce of heart. It is no surprise to me that he is going home, the kid's a quitter. It showed on the ice and now it has shown off the ice. I am curious as to his background in Russia, is he from a well to do family? Does he realize that he can make more money here than most Russian families could ever dream of? That he could provide for his entire family by sucking it up and maing the best of the situation? That there are thousands of players who would give their very life for just a shot at the opportunity he seems to be casually throwing away? I didn't care for him when he was here, I was happy when he was traded, and now I am glad he is going where he belongs: AWAY.
Woah! First of all, as someone earlier said, it's way early and this is a rumor - for all we know, this time next year he'll be the #2 Dman for the Ducks.

Secondly, you attribute waaay too much to his background - whether or not someone grows up with money has very little to do with how he turns out, it has a lot more to do with the rich/poor parents and how they raise the kid. I've known plenty of princesses from poor families and plenty of good eggs from wealthy families. For every "he's got hunger from growing up on the streets" there's a "he got his money and then stopped trying." Likewise for every "he's a spoiled brat prima donna" there's a "he comes from a good home and was raised right." If you want an example of the last category, just look at Channing Frye on the Knicks.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

a great move by Sather.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
Why is Kondratiev being discussed here if 1) he was traded 2) went from Hartford's locker room to Portland's last Sunday, then scored in his 2nd full game as a Pirate----
Are former Ducks not discussed on the Ducks forum? If they are not, why aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Burke must have not done his homework there... nice.
What makes you think this?
1. If Kondratiev just made the decision there was no homework to be done. Seems to me if Kondratiev was that anxious to go home, he could have and probably would have announced this after his first demotion to Hartford.

2. If Kondratiev stays there was no homework to be done.

IMO people are reacting to this far too early. There have been many, many players and coaches who say they are going to give it up when they're feeling at their lowest but end up changing their minds.

There are a number who actually DO give it up and then return later.

Old
01-14-2006, 01:13 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
a great move by Sather.
Only if he knew this was coming. You'll need to prove that first, otherwise it reflects on Sather exactly as it did on trade day.

It also goes without saying that if Kondratiev stays, the trade is exactly what it was on trade day.

Last edited by dedalus: 01-14-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old
01-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Only if he knew this was coming. You'll need to prove that first, otherwise it reflects on Sather exactly as it did on trade day.

It also goes without saying that if Kondratiev stays, the trade is exactly what it was on trade day.
I'm not clear on this. If it is true that Max will be going back to Russia does that mean the Ducks are totally SOL, or do they get some other compensation from the Rangers?

Old
01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
I'm not clear on this. If it is true that Max will be going back to Russia does that mean the Ducks are totally SOL, or do they get some other compensation from the Rangers?
They get no other compensation whatsoever. They retain Kondratiev's rights. I think from reading the original post it says Kondratiev will go back to Russia after this season when his contracts up. He's still in the AHL.

Old
01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Woah! First of all, as someone earlier said, it's way early and this is a rumor - for all we know, this time next year he'll be the #2 Dman for the Ducks.

Secondly, you attribute waaay too much to his background - whether or not someone grows up with money has very little to do with how he turns out, it has a lot more to do with the rich/poor parents and how they raise the kid. I've known plenty of princesses from poor families and plenty of good eggs from wealthy families. For every "he's got hunger from growing up on the streets" there's a "he got his money and then stopped trying." Likewise for every "he's a spoiled brat prima donna" there's a "he comes from a good home and was raised right." If you want an example of the last category, just look at Channing Frye on the Knicks.
Well said.

Old
01-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus

Keep making excuses for why sather shouldn't be given credit for moves. How could Sather and the staff not know that he wanted to leave? Even if they didn't they still got a player in Sykora that looks like a perfect fit (small sample size) for this team.

I'm sorry this team is winning and sather has something to do with it. Should he have been fired? Yes.

Has he done a great job since the deadline nearly TWO years ago?

Yes

Closed Thread