HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col/Was proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2003, 09:08 AM
  #1
DRL
Streak killers!
 
DRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Col/Was proposal

Pretty wild but here we go:

Kolzig and jagr(2M picked up by was for remainder of contract) to col for battaglia, tanguay, sauve and skoula.

adds depth for caps and loads up the avs even more, a trade like this could be possible later on in the season, maybe, unlikely, who knows?

thoughts?

DRL is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 09:16 AM
  #2
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Even if Washington picks up $2 M of Jaromir Jagr's contract like you mentioned, the Avalanche would still be taking on $13.5 M in salary.

Absolutely no chance that happens.

Also, no chance the Capitals trade Olaf Kolzig at this point in time.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 09:41 AM
  #3
LawnDemon
Registered User
 
LawnDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Danger Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
teams don't make trades this big. messes with chemistry.

and as an avs fan, why on earth would you want jagr on your team? he's lazy and a cancer in the dressing room. i wouldn't trade tanguay straight up for jagr if i was lacroix.

LawnDemon is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 11:33 AM
  #4
Wingboy2999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
That'd be CRAZY and would greatly benefit Washington. No way it would happen.

Wingboy2999 is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 02:25 PM
  #5
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,888
vCash: 500
Washington would kill to have this deal.

1.) It rids them of Jagr
2.) They get a good return for Kolzig

Enoch is online now  
Old
10-21-2003, 04:26 PM
  #6
Biscuit Bullet
Registered User
 
Biscuit Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Why the HELL would the avs have ANY need for Jagr? Hejduk and Selanne seem like a pretty decent top 2 RWs to me...

Biscuit Bullet is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
  #7
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,207
vCash: 500
If I'm Washington, I would want Hejduk in return if I was giving up Kolzig AND Jagr. Really though I dont understand why the Avs would want Jagr. I mean dont they have enough offense already. I dont think this ever happens unless the Caps are really desperate to dump cash and the Avs dont care about the salary taken on and care only about the cup.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 07:12 PM
  #8
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
If I'm Washington, I would want Hejduk in return if I was giving up Kolzig AND Jagr. Really though I dont understand why the Avs would want Jagr. I mean dont they have enough offense already. I dont think this ever happens unless the Caps are really desperate to dump cash and the Avs dont care about the salary taken on and care only about the cup.
...

Enoch is online now  
Old
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
  #9
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Washington would kill to have this deal.

1.) It rids them of Jagr
2.) They get a good return for Kolzig

Ummm no.

Yes, we want rid of Jagr and the headaches he brings, but we want good return for him too. We've already got enough 3rd line players at forward, and we already have enough "puck-moving" defensemen. So Battaglia and Skoula aren't really desireable here in DC. Yet you think we'd give up Kolzig and Jagr for one good young scoring forward, a couple so-so grinders and one good, but streaky offensive defenseman who's a bit suspect in his own end? Thanks but we've already got several streaky offensive defensemen suiting up for us everynight who are suspect in their own end.

What we need is a stay-at-home defenseman along the lines of Adam Foote. Not that Colorado would ever trade him...

And Washington isn't going to trade Kolzig right now. Ouellet looked great in Pre-season and in Portland right now, but who knows if he's ready for full time duty in the NHL. I know our back up Charpentier sure as hell ain't. Honestly, Kolzig would be vying for the Vezina on a team like Colorado or Detroit or Dallas... but he's stuck facing 35+ shots a night because our idiot GM and the nepotism freak of a coach have turned our blue line into revolving doors past the first pair.

DaleHunter is offline  
Old
10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
  #10
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 9,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai
Why the HELL would the avs have ANY need for Jagr? Hejduk and Selanne seem like a pretty decent top 2 RWs to me...

Its actually not that bad....

Selanne and Kariya are UFA's after this year. The offense on the squad will go down after they leave(not that it wasn't good before them) and Jagr would pick up the slack.

Jagr and Sakic? damn....
And thats following up Forsberg and Hedjuk.

Plus, the Avs could handle Jagr's salay, and they get 2 million off the top.

Kolzig's salary, at what 5 mill?...might be a little harder on the payroll.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 02:59 AM
  #11
btmarshall
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
The Caps would do it in a second, given that they can't afford Jagr. It sucks, but equal return is not the issue. The Caps will give him away to any team that decides it has the payroll room.

However, Colorado cannot afford to add Jagr either, like every other team in the league.

 
Old
10-22-2003, 06:18 AM
  #12
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Ummm no.

Yes, we want rid of Jagr and the headaches he brings, but we want good return for him too. We've already got enough 3rd line players at forward, and we already have enough "puck-moving" defensemen. So Battaglia and Skoula aren't really desireable here in DC. Yet you think we'd give up Kolzig and Jagr for one good young scoring forward, a couple so-so grinders and one good, but streaky offensive defenseman who's a bit suspect in his own end? Thanks but we've already got several streaky offensive defensemen suiting up for us everynight who are suspect in their own end.

What we need is a stay-at-home defenseman along the lines of Adam Foote. Not that Colorado would ever trade him...

And Washington isn't going to trade Kolzig right now. Ouellet looked great in Pre-season and in Portland right now, but who knows if he's ready for full time duty in the NHL. I know our back up Charpentier sure as hell ain't. Honestly, Kolzig would be vying for the Vezina on a team like Colorado or Detroit or Dallas... but he's stuck facing 35+ shots a night because our idiot GM and the nepotism freak of a coach have turned our blue line into revolving doors past the first pair.
The caps would KILL to have this deal. Jagr could pass through waivers right now, and no one would pick him up........how do you expect to get good return for a guy that had 55mil over 5 years left on his contract, underachieves, and is a team headache. Wakeup to reality.......Kolzig could command alot, but Jagr will command nothing but other overpaid deadweight...

Enoch is online now  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:02 AM
  #13
SaintRon
Registered User
 
SaintRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Yes, we want rid of Jagr and the headaches he brings, but we want good return for him too.
Good luck getting it. major $$$ + attitude problem = p*ss p*or trade value.

If Jags is moved, ole Teddy L will have to take it in the shorts one way or the other. What GM would want an overpaid underacheiving headcase AND have to give up quality guys to get him? Ok, what GM other than Slats??


The Caps hands are tied on this one and the noose gets tighter every day Jags satys in town. You'll see.....

SaintRon

SaintRon is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 07:04 AM
  #14
SaintRon
Registered User
 
SaintRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Is it the the money, or Jags lack of "marketability". IMHO, it's not the money, it's the headcase.

SaintRon

SaintRon is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 08:47 AM
  #15
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRon
Is it the the money, or Jags lack of "marketability". IMHO, it's not the money, it's the headcase.

SaintRon
It's mostly the money, IMO.

He's really only a headcase when he doesn't play a lot and/or his team is losing a lot. He's getting both at Washington.

And I realize the guy is practically untradeable because of not only the size of the contract, but the length (5 more years at $11 mill). But headaches aside, he's also one of the most gifted offensive players to ever play the game. And there are a LOT of teams who would KILL to have him, headaches and all simply because of that offense. It's the contract and the impending CBA keeping him from being moved.

I think the Rangers will come looking if they continue to play as poorly as they have.... not that I think Jagr will solve any problems, just that they are the only team rich enough (and dumb enough) to make a run for him.

DaleHunter is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.