HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundstrom

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 11:12 AM
ReaL madRid

vCash: 500
Sundstrom

Hi guys

Sundstrom is not really useful for the habs now , so i think that he might be trade
We got a lot of players who can paly better than him in the minors so i offer this:
Garon + Sundstrom + 1st pick 2004
vs
1st pick of the worst team 2004(for Ovechkin)

any thought?

Old
10-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Wings80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaL madRid
Hi guys

Sundstrom is not really useful for the habs now , so i think that he might be trade
We got a lot of players who can paly better than him in the minors so i offer this:
vs

any thought?
haha NO!

Old
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Hi guys

vs

any thought?
Didn`t you hear what the Habs offered up for Kovalchuck??? two 1sts, Markov Garon (Theodore) and that didn`t get him. Ovechkin is an extremely good talent, and all were giving up is a 3rd liner and backup goalie and a pick around 10-20 (that`s pretty vague but it`s hard to tell the way the Habs are playing right now) for a potential superstar. Would you do this?

Old
10-17-2003, 11:23 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Hi guys

vs

any thought?

Your proposed deal is not nearly enough.

However, I would like to have him back on the Rangers (to play the wing on the Holik line). What would you want for the Rangers for him?

10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

However, I would like to have him back on the Rangers (to play the wing on the Holik line). What would you want for the Rangers for him?
I would definetely look to reacquire Sunny if the price were right to play with Holik on the checking line.I wouldn't go nuts in offering up something for him and don't know if we'd make for good trading partners but I'd certainly look into it if Sunny appeared available.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:36 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings80
haha NO!

Thanks for the Insight. *welcome to my ignore list*

Look at it this way,

Everyone is predicting Montreal to be in the bottom 10 teams in the league, and with the draft lottery, therefore could end up drafting 6th overall at least.

Garon is a former 2nd round pick. (and please god! let's not start the baseless "oh, he was on waivers" excuse!)

and there is no way that we can specualate who will draft 1st.

So let's say we deal this package to Pittsburgh...

Garon, Sundstrom and a 1st for Pittsburgh's 1st isn't such a bad package for what may turn out to be moving up a measly 3 places in the draft.

now, I would say at most, we add "Future considerations" which would include another draft pick if everything works out and Montreal drafts like 6th and Pittsburgh does indeed get the #1 spot.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Phoenix might be looking for a good defensive 2nd-3rd line versatile winger.

Sundström + Kilger
for
Nagy and Kolanos

I don't really know what Montréal would want except for a potential 1st line winger...

Old
10-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Mackee

If we couldn't pry Kovalchuk out of Atlanta, there's no way we're getting 1st overall pick this year. I really like that Phoenix proposal though...I'd take Nagy for sure

Old
10-17-2003, 11:41 AM
TwineSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattihp

Sundström + Kilger
for
Nagy and Kolanos

I don't really know what Montréal would want except for a potential 1st line winger...

As much as I like Sundstrom and Kilger, I've heard very good things about Nagy. I think you would be overpaying here...unless Nagy were in his last year of a contract.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Thanks for the Insight. *welcome to my ignore list*

Look at it this way,

Everyone is predicting Montreal to be in the bottom 10 teams in the league, and with the draft lottery, therefore could end up drafting 6th overall at least.

Garon is a former 2nd round pick. (and please god! let's not start the baseless "oh, he was on waivers" excuse!)

and there is no way that we can specualate who will draft 1st.

Garon, Sundstrom and a 1st for Pittsburgh's 1st isn't such a bad package for what may turn out to be moving up a measly 3 places in the draft.

now, I would say at most, we add "Future considerations" which would include another draft pick if everything works out and Montreal drafts like 6th and Pittsburgh does indeed get the #1 spot.
What would Pittsburgh want with another goalie?

I think the package is quite far off. Sundstrom is a nice support player but he is making close to 2M per season. And, I'm sorry, goalies just don't have that much value.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:49 AM
TwineSniper

Quote:
What would Pittsburgh want with another goalie?

I think the package is quite far off. Sundstrom is a nice support player but he is making close to 2M per season. And, I'm sorry, goalies just don't have that much value.

I was just using Pittsburgh as an example...

Old
10-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
As much as I like Sundstrom and Kilger, I've heard very good things about Nagy. I think you would be overpaying here...unless Nagy were in his last year of a contract.
As I see it Phoenix have plenty of guys to count on in their offense. With additions like Hrdina and Sillinger they can afford to lose one of their talented wingers. Nagy reminds me kind of a poor mans Hossa and if he continues to build up strong numbers he can maybe be of the same or near calibre pretty soon.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:55 AM
LightningFast

Quote:

Sundström + Kilger
for
Nagy and Kolanos

Are you a Coyote fan? That's pretty damn bad for the Yotes.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

Pittsburg is a bad example they already have Caron and Fleury, where would Garon fit into that equation?

The difference between the 1st overall and 6th overall is huge especially when the draft isn`t all that deep.

2000) 1st Dipietro 6th Hartnell
2001) 1st Kovalchuck 6th Koivu
2002) 1st Nash 6th Upshall

There`s a big difference between those guys. Now if you had the 1st overall and a chance at a guy like Ovechkin would you give it up for a package that includes a good role player and a backup? Plus the Habs probably won`t be picking in the 6th position and the chances of them winning the lottery are slim to none. So the pick would most likely at it`s highest be in the 10th position. We`d need to add alot of future considerations to get Ovechkin for the package mentioned.

(Like I mentioned earlier it`s hard to tell how the Habs will finish based on the way there playing right now. they could be a playoff team or they could bomb and loose the next 15 games.

Old
10-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Actually, I think many here have misread.

the offer is not directly for Ovechkin (1st pick = Ovechkin...) but for the 1st pick of the front runner in the race for last place in standing.

You ABSOLUTLY CANNOT compare this proposition with what Montreal offer for Kovalchuk... By the time this offer was debate, Atlanta was SURE to land the first player of the draft.

Now he's offering a package of a Still young goaltender (who have play pretty well last year when given a chance), Sundtrom and a 1st round pick for another 1st round pick.
_____

If i remember well, One week ago, 99% of all people out of montreal including hockey "experts" were giving Montreal the 13-15th spot in the east and giving them a good chance at the 1st spot in the draft. Now 1 week later, You are going to said to me there's not a single team that is point as another front runner in this last place standing that would be willing to give 1st pick for another 1st pick + 2 players who can be valuables.

At this point of the season, this proposal would AT least be considered by the front runners in this race.

____

But if this offer was for the 1st pick 2004 (at 100% sure) it would not even be considered as an offer...

Old
10-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFast
Are you a Coyote fan? That's pretty damn bad for the Yotes.
I'm a fan of 28 teams. Kilger could be a nice addition to the lower lines and Sundström could be a good defensive forward on the second or third line. What is really Phoenix biggest need? It is very hard to pinpoint... Maybe #1 defenseman? Trying to work out a trade with one of Montréals experienced D-men could be hard though...

Old
10-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun

If i remember well, One week ago, 99% of all people out of montreal including hockey "experts" were giving Montreal the 13-15th spot in the east and giving them a good chance at the 1st spot in the draft. Now 1 week later, You are going to said to me there's not a single team that is point as another front runner in this last place standing that would be willing to give 1st pick for another 1st pick + 2 players who can be valuables.

At this point of the season, this proposal would AT least be considered by the front runners in this race.

____

But if this offer was for the 1st pick 2004 (at 100% sure) it would not even be considered as an offer...
"1st pick of the worst team 2004 (for Ovechkin)" is what he wrote.

Like you said the habs are being forcasted to finish around 13-15th but this trade is proposed for Ovechkin not for the 1st round pick of someone who MAY win the lottery or get the first overall. Because I agree that that would change things (for me anyway)

Old
10-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Well maybe i'm the one who misread..

But it's just that I dont see the point of this proposal NOW if it's for Ovechkin directly since we're not going to know who's get him until the draft lottery...

Old
10-17-2003, 01:13 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Anybody consider that in this proposal the Habs could be dealing with themselves?

Old
10-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

What about Barnaby for Sundstrom? Picks could also be added here and there to satisfy everybody.

If you don't like it, then how about Jessiman?

Old
10-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:

Sundström + Kilger
for
Nagy and Kolanos

You wouldn't even be able to get Nagy alone for Sundstrom + Kilger, let alone throwing in Kolanos. Nagy SHOULD be able to become a consistent 25-30 goal scorer; two role players are definitely not enough for Nagy alone.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Hi guys

vs

any thought?
I know your heart is in the right place, but man where was your head?

Why do fans like you have to embarass us like that, please think your trades through...plus how can you make a trade like that when you don't even know who is going to finish last, and why would some team take our back up Goalie and a player you think we don't want for a 1st overall pick like Ovechkin?

This is why a lot of Hab fans don't respond to these trade suggestions because the whole lot of us get put into the same catagory as you (not insulting you, trying to help you for the future)...please for future reference think things through and have better proposals, thanks from a Hab fan.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:39 PM
pepchew

Sutter would probably like to have him back in his lineup and there is no doubt Calgary could use him. I think the Habs are paying him about 1.5 million (because SJ is picking up part of his salary). Calgary would have to part with a player making around the same salary. I know a lot of Habs fans would love to see Gautier (1.3 million) head home. Calgary has an abundance of d-men and some fans are rumbling about getting rid of him (for the record, he's the last guy other fans would want to trade). Anyhow, I could see it happening except for that fact that Montreal also has too many d-men. Another possibility would be McAmmond (1.5 million). Strictly because of budgetary reasons the Flames would probably be willing to send Gelinas (2.4 million) to Montreal but it's unlikely because he is a valuable player and he has a no-trade clause (he came to Calgary for less because his wife is from Alberta). Just some possibilities to think about.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepchew
Sutter would probably like to have him back in his lineup and there is no doubt Calgary could use him. I think the Habs are paying him about 1.5 million (because SJ is picking up part of his salary). Calgary would have to part with a player making around the same salary. I know a lot of Habs fans would love to see Gautier (1.3 million) head home. Calgary has an abundance of d-men and some fans are rumbling about getting rid of him (for the record, he's the last guy other fans would want to trade). Anyhow, I could see it happening except for that fact that Montreal also has too many d-men. Another possibility would be McAmmond (1.5 million). Strictly because of budgetary reasons the Flames would probably be willing to send Gelinas (2.4 million) to Montreal but it's unlikely because he is a valuable player and he has a no-trade clause (he came to Calgary for less because his wife is from Alberta). Just some possibilities to think about.
The Habs sure don't need other Ds unless they're right-handed and proven top-4 which is a thing Sundstrom would never get you in a hundred years. Sundstrom would not get you Gauthier alone and with the stellar play of Souray on the left side so far for Montreal, Gauthier is also useless.

What could realistically be had for Sundstrom is a gritty role player with less offensive upside but a better physical presence. That's what I think Gainey would be looking for if they were to trade him.

Again, I don't think Sundstrom holds enough value to land McAmmond or Gelinas but I wouldn't mind either of them if somehow Sutter decided he couldn't do without Sundstrom, which would be wishful thinking considering that Sundstrom, even if he plays a sound 2-way game, is essentially soft, a term Sutter has been known to be alergic to.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
What about Barnaby for Sundstrom? Picks could also be added here and there to satisfy everybody.

If you don't like it, then how about Jessiman?
Yeah, that would work for me. Barnaby, not Jessiman!

Closed Thread