HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 1/14 - Kings @ Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 09:45 PM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Ok, deal. What you need to understand, though, is that I'm really pulling for Grebeshkov (just as much as you're pulling for Corvo, probably), but I have to call a spade a spade and point out that he really stunk. Even if I liked Corvo, I'd be saying the same things. Regardless, I'm not criticizing them (or at anyone on the team, for that matter) over this game, but rather AM for pairing the two together in what any smart person would know is a recipe for disaster. Other than that, I'm totally with you in laughing this game off.
Ok thats fine. Corvo, and Grebs both sucked tonight. And I'll even go as far as saying Corvo needs help in the defensive end. But both of these guys are really special offensive talents.

Old
01-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Yes, I agree about Dempsey. That's why I'm doubly frustrated. While Grebeshkov and Corvo are paired together, so are Norstrom and Dempsey, both of whom are two of the better defensive d-man that the Kings have healthy right now. I would probably do pairs of Norstrom-Grebeshkov, Gleason-Corvo and Dempsey-Weaver. That would more or less be defense paired with offense, but such logical pairs would never fly in AM's system
That would've made the most sense, but what can you do, it's AM.

Old
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I can't believe some of you are trying to make excuses for certain players or laying the blame on certain individuals. The entire team was flat tonight. What should the coaches do? Go up to Corvo, Grebeshkov, Weaver, Dempsey and let them know it was their fault the Kings got blown out 10-1?

Old
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
I can't believe some of you are trying to make excuses for certain players or laying the blame on certain individuals. The entire team was flat tonight. What should the coaches do? Go up to Corvo, Grebeshkov, Weaver, Dempsey and let them know it was their fault the Kings got blown out 10-1?
Not at all. We all know the whole team stunk.

I hope AM skates the hell out of them at the next practice. Hell 5 am tomorrow morning. I don't care. Can it get any lower than this?

Old
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
He'll bench Cammalleri...

I jest...

Old
01-14-2006, 09:56 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I jest...
Do you think Andy Murray is when he does it?

Old
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Not at all. We all know the whole team stunk.

I hope AM skates the hell out of them at the next practice. Hell 5 am tomorrow morning. I don't care. Can it get any lower than this?
well, i believe they're travelling after the game tonite so, they're probably just touching down at LAX at 4am...just enough time to go to practice

Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
He'll bench Cammalleri...

I'd bench the whole damn team!

Old
01-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
well, i believe they're travelling after the game tonite so, they're probably just touching down at LAX at 4am...just enough time to go to practice
Perfect timing!

Old
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Captain Ron

Hey guys I just got home from work.......sounds like I missed an awesome game.

I actually am glad I missed this one. I probably would have kicked the dog several times during this one.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Hey guys I just got home from work.......sounds like I missed an awesome game.

I actually am glad I missed this one. I probably would have kicked the dog several times during this one.
I put my dog in his house when it was 2-0, to prevent future attacks.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Osprey

The notion that they let Garon down will probably affect them more than anything that AM could ever do (skating sessions, mind games, callouts, anything).

Old
01-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Reaper45

So the Dodgers traded Edwin Jackson for Danny Baes? Who is Baes? Not a follower of the Devil Rays.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:04 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Perfect timing!
I suggest you meet them there at the gate, possibly with a giant sign and follow them around screaming BOOOO at the top of your lungs until they leave in their respective vehicles...and after that you can choose one particular player to follow in your car, all the while honking the horn and holding your sign out of the window until he gets home..at which point you camp out on his lawn and continue your chants long into the day and evening...

I'd do it, but I'm busy tomorrow...

Old
01-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I suggest you meet them there at the gate, possibly with a giant sign and follow them around screaming BOOOO at the top of your lungs until they leave in their respective vehicles...and after that you can choose one particular player to follow in your car, all the while honking the horn and holding your sign out of the window until he gets home..at which point you camp out on his lawn and continue your chants long into the day and evening...

That kind of reminds me of the "Family Guy" episode where a guy follows Peter around and calls him a "Phoney" throughout the entire show.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Reaper45

Quote:

Old
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Mindcircus

1-10?!?!?

My God...

Baez was one of the best closers in baseball last season for the D-Rays. After a slow start he dominated.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Capn Brown

W T F was that game? I tuned in to see the LA Kings vs. the Buffalo Sabres. Instead, I saw Dustin Brown vs. the Buffalo Sabres. Seriously, W T F?

Number-wise, was this AM's WORST ever defeat as coach of the Kings?

Old
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
ILuvLA

We haven't hit this low since 1993 - found this on the nhl.com writeup of the game, which all things considered was not as brutal as it should have been. LA Times will more than make up for it tomorrow.

Jeff Cowan, scoring late in the first period, had the lone goal for the Kings, who gave up 10 goals for the first time since a 10-3 loss to Washington, Feb. 13, 1993. The margin of defeat matched the Kings' worst since a 9-0 loss to Montreal in the 1975-76 season opener.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:36 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
1-10?!?!?

My God...

Baez was one of the best closers in baseball last season for the D-Rays. After a slow start he dominated.
Before I read the rest I thought you were talking about tonight's game.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:39 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:

Too good. Let's see... I live in the beach area, so it'd be convenient for me. But I will pass too - it' suppose to be raining and I wouldn't want to get my hair wet....

Old
01-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
We haven't hit this low since 1993 - found this on the nhl.com writeup of the game, which all things considered was not as brutal as it should have been. LA Times will more than make up for it tomorrow.

Jeff Cowan, scoring late in the first period, had the lone goal for the Kings, who gave up 10 goals for the first time since a 10-3 loss to Washington, Feb. 13, 1993. The margin of defeat matched the Kings' worst since a 9-0 loss to Montreal in the 1975-76 season opener.
It's nice to know that this is the 2nd worst performance that the Kings have had since I have been alive. And I actually thought this was one of the best Kings teams I have seen since becoming a fan. Nice to know that tonight they proved me wrong.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
So the Dodgers traded Edwin Jackson for Danny Baes? Who is Baes? Not a follower of the Devil Rays.
Baez was Tampa Bay's closer for the past couple of seasons. He's actually pretty good. If I'm not mistaken, he was an All-star this past season.

Old
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA

nhl.com is sort of wrong again.........

Tonight's game tied the worst margin of defeat on the road, but the Kings lost to Hartford 9-0 at the Forum on 11/27/1985

Old
01-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
Baez was Tampa Bay's closer for the past couple of seasons. He's actually pretty good. If I'm not mistaken, he was an All-star this past season.
So I guess Gagne isn't going to be healthy after all, they want to have a guy incase they cant resign him, or they are going to try and stick him back in the rotation.

Closed Thread