HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Part 2

Old
06-09-2017, 10:43 AM
mrhockey193195

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightAttack View Post
We've had internal discussions on something similar, but a long term goal is getting historical minor leagues in.
Glad to hear you're considering it! I don't know if I'm in the majority or minority of people who would love to have a "dumbed down" minor league system before you guys can build the fully-fleshed out historical version, so I thought I would mention it. Awesome that you're here and listening to all of us bums scream out all the features we want!

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2017, 06:00 PM
KnightAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Glad to hear you're considering it! I don't know if I'm in the majority or minority of people who would love to have a "dumbed down" minor league system before you guys can build the fully-fleshed out historical version, so I thought I would mention it. Awesome that you're here and listening to all of us bums scream out all the features we want!
Well, everything is always on the table. We are constantly trying different things to see what works and what doesn't. I would love to see full working Historical Minor leagues, but between research and everything else we have on the go, it's not just an easy fix.

KnightAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 11:37 AM
LeafGrief
Nylander will be a C

Quote:
Whoa, what? Was he on IR, or was he just a little hurt and still playing it through?

I think he was still on the IR. It was the playoffs and I was anxiously awaiting his return, but that was two weeks ago, so I'd have to go back and check.

LeafGrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 02:50 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 50
So I was talking to someone about this game, about how sometimes you get some unexpected things happening. Like for example in one of my playthroughs, I had Adam Lowry from the Jets leading the NHL in goals almost midway through the season. The guy I was talking to gave me a challenge at that point. He asked if I could turn Shawn Cronin into a 50 goal scorer. I laughed at this of course, seeing as Cronin retired with a total of 1 goal in his entire career but I've started wondering about ways to try to accomplish this. I don't have time to start this scenario at the moment, as I've got to get up for work in the morning, but do you think if I put him on a line with a couple of the best passers of the era and turned the team to total offense with him in a pure shooting role, that he might be able to pot a few in a season? I'm thoroughly doubting 50 would happen, but it'll be interesting to see what could be done!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 12:12 AM
WPGNYRFan

Ok, so not quite 50.

Assembled a crazy all-star team with total offense focus and he managed...16 goals. He did get a hat trick though!

Old
06-17-2017, 11:02 AM
KnightAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Ok, so not quite 50.

Assembled a crazy all-star team with total offense focus and he managed...16 goals. He did get a hat trick though!
Nice. Curious though, are you playing on the FHM engine or allowing stats to recalculate after every year?

Old
06-17-2017, 10:31 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Nice. Curious though, are you playing on the FHM engine or allowing stats to recalculate after every year?
I only played the one year with this challenge and I don't think I clicked the box to recalculate. I'm very curious though, I've seen that option but I don't understand quite what it does?

Old
06-17-2017, 11:41 PM
KnightAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I only played the one year with this challenge and I don't think I clicked the box to recalculate. I'm very curious though, I've seen that option but I don't understand quite what it does?
If you use the option that recalculates the stats at the end of the year, you'll get stats and players who progress and regress just as they did in real life. Using the FHM engine, it allows for a little further progress and a little more fun if you want to rewrite history. Maybe someone who was injury prone stays a little more healthy (imagine what kind of numbers Bobby Orr could have put up if he played until he was 40 because he's knees didn't force him to retire). What if [fill in the blank here] was given an opportunity to play more? Who he have succeeded? How would his career change?

That's what choosing that option brings to the table.

Old
06-18-2017, 11:00 AM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
If you use the option that recalculates the stats at the end of the year, you'll get stats and players who progress and regress just as they did in real life. Using the FHM engine, it allows for a little further progress and a little more fun if you want to rewrite history. Maybe someone who was injury prone stays a little more healthy (imagine what kind of numbers Bobby Orr could have put up if he played until he was 40 because he's knees didn't force him to retire). What if [fill in the blank here] was given an opportunity to play more? Who he have succeeded? How would his career change?

That's what choosing that option brings to the table.
Oh ok, I used that on a recent historical sandbox game that I did. Brett Hull currently is the all-time goals leader with 1032, with Gretzky at 1025. Gretzky ended up with only 2600 points. Lemieux only hit 2300 but was healthy for most of his career. Gretzky had a bad last 7 years, where he sometimes missed entire seasons and I think his most games played in 1 of those seasons was 60ish. There were quite a lot of interesting deviations from what happened in real life, lot's of fun to watch!

Old
07-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Lustaf

Edit: I found it.

NVM

Last edited by Lustaf: 07-03-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Lustaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
When are the updates for the new season (ie 2017-18 rosters etc.) usually released?

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2017, 08:51 PM
KnightAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
When are the updates for the new season (ie 2017-18 rosters etc.) usually released?
Franchise Hockey Manager is on a yearly release schedule. So there won't be a roster update coming for 3. There will be one for 4 in the fall though.

Old
07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Quote:
Franchise Hockey Manager is on a yearly release schedule. So there won't be a roster update coming for 3. There will be one for 4 in the fall though.
Ah okay thanks. What are quickstarts?

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2017, 10:39 AM
KnightAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
Ah okay thanks. What are quickstarts?
Basically if you start a game in Custom Sandbox - you can make all your adjustments you want on Day 1 and when you finish - your have the option to save as a Quick start. That allows you to start the game again but you don't have to make all the necessary adjustment again the next time.