HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hip Pointer

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 09:45 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 500
Hip Pointer

About a month ago my friend convinced me to fill in for his roller hockey team because they needed me for the finals. It was a real chippy game, and I don't wear a girdle for roller hockey. At some point there must have been some contact with my hip. I didn't really notice it during the game, but when I went off to my ice hockey game later that night I could barely skate or shoot. Eventually I worked through it and started to take regular shifts in the 2nd period, but the injury is still lingering. Right now I feel fine skating and shooting out there and I can handle a little bit of contact on that hip. What really hurts is when I cough, and the worst is when I sneeze. The muscles in the abdomen tense up during these times and I'm sure that is why it is so painful. Other than these times and it being a little tender it seems like it isn't something too major.

Has anybody ever had a hip pointer? How long did it stick around?

Old
01-13-2006, 12:22 AM
jaywills1020

ive had one before. i got blasted while taking a shot and fell right on my right hip. not to sound like a tough guy but i heal like wolverine from x men lol so i was good to go in a few days. but it did hurt like son of a b

Old
01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
nni

jus monitor it. if it lingers for more than a month, get it checked out. i had a hip problem that i ignored and recently got it checked (almost a year after the fact) and i have a torn labrum that requires surgery.

Old
01-16-2006, 06:01 PM
dbbourn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nni
jus monitor it. if it lingers for more than a month, get it checked out. i had a hip problem that i ignored and recently got it checked (almost a year after the fact) and i have a torn labrum that requires surgery.
Thanks. Actually, I have noticed over the past few days that most of the pain has gone away. Perhaps it had something to do with not playing this week. Maybe I'm not quite "wolverine", but I usually heal pretty quickly. Sorry to hear you needed surgery.

Closed Thread