HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Starting goalie tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Tom Liodice

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Starting goalie tonight...

Hey everyone. I'm back from California and it's great to be back to hear about an Isles win on home ice! I'll be at the game tonight against the Maple Leafs and my question is this. Who does everyone see as the starting goalie tonight?? Newsday is reporting Snow as the likely candidate for tonight, but my gut would be to ride the hot hand in DiPietro. Snow looked like he had a few beers in the Isles 6-1 loss to Washington and Rico has been pretty much rock-olid in his 3 1/2 games of action, in which he's only given up 3 goals. Tonight's a pretty big game for the Isles and to ride DiPietro's hot streak would seem like the only logical thing to do. What does everyone else think??
**Anyone else going to be at the game tonight?? PM me and it would be nice to say "hello" to some of you fellow posters. Take care and have a good day!

~TL

Old
10-20-2003, 04:38 AM
DaBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Hey everyone. I'm back from California and it's great to be back to hear about an Isles win on home ice! I'll be at the game tonight against the Maple Leafs and my question is this. Who does everyone see as the starting goalie tonight?? Newsday is reporting Snow as the likely candidate for tonight, but my gut would be to ride the hot hand in DiPietro. Snow looked like he had a few beers in the Isles 6-1 loss to Washington and Rico has been pretty much rock-olid in his 3 1/2 games of action, in which he's only given up 3 goals. Tonight's a pretty big game for the Isles and to ride DiPietro's hot streak would seem like the only logical thing to do. What does everyone else think??
**Anyone else going to be at the game tonight?? PM me and it would be nice to say "hello" to some of you fellow posters. Take care and have a good day!

~TL
This was the exact question I was going to ask.... I have DiPietro in my FHL.

I'm also interested if anyone thinks Dipietro might take over the #1 postition this year.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:19 AM
DiPietro

I would probably start DiPietro, but I think Sterling will go with Snow. One reason would be the team we playing, they are a tough team so playing as competitive guy as him would be a good thought. Also out of respect to him, Sterling will start Snowy today.
Im going to the game as well, should be great
too bad Scatch is out, loosing one tough guy against the Loafs isn't too good, lol
PS:Godard willbe def. in

Old
10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Tom welcome back.
DiPietro's played really well,but it's been about 10-12 days since Snow's start and I think they've got to get him some playing time.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:08 AM
herecomesdabus

I think Stirling also wants to win games this year and establish himself as a capable head coach in the NHL.

The waffling needs to end!

Dipi is the #1 goalie and gets the nod.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:08 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPietro
I would probably start DiPietro, but I think Sterling will go with Snow. One reason would be the team we playing, they are a tough team so playing as competitive guy as him would be a good thought.

DiPietro had one of his best games last yr in Toronto,a 3-3 tie in front of 19,000 screaming leaf fans.

If anything,DiPietro would be more comfortable playing tonight because the home crowd would be behind him.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:30 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
I think Stirling also wants to win games this year and establish himself as a capable head coach in the NHL.

The waffling needs to end!

Dipi is the #1 goalie and gets the nod.
Sterling said both goalies would get a fair chance to fight for the #1 goalie job.
Snow's had 1 start.

giving him a 2nd start is waffling?

Old
10-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Le Golie

In the interest of winning the game, I'd go with Dipietro.

However, Sterling likely feels that starting Snow is in the best interest of the long term good of the team.

Putting Snow it doesn't reduce our chances of winning THAT much if he plays a good game, and getting him back in the crease is important for his confidence and his relationship with Steling. If the risk were greater than the reward I'm sure we'd see Rick tonight, but I expect Garth.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:34 AM
IslesFan17

You put in your #1 goalie in the must win games. And I think, because of the rivalry and because this is the Isles first test against a legit contender, this is a must win type game.

And DiPietro is the #1, so he has to start this game. Snow will get his shot. He'll probably start 2 of the next 4 after tonight.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
DiPietro had one of his best games last yr in Toronto,a 3-3 tie in front of 19,000 screaming leaf fans.

If anything,DiPietro would be more comfortable playing tonight because the home crowd would be behind him.
Not surprising that DiPietro would play well against the leafs, Toronto plays right into Dipietro's strenght......Handleing the puck.
Toronto is a dump and chase team, so if the opposition goalie is good with the puck it seriously hurts the Leafs attempt to recover thier dump ins.....notice how the leafs usually don't even get 20 shots when they face Brodeur.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:45 PM

Newsday and Hahn hinted that Snow will start and the NY Post and Brooks hinted that DiPi will start. Go figure.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Jiggs

Snow's starting as per Hairlip.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:51 PM
The Flying Pigdog

So Snow is starting??

Old
10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Le Golie

According to USA Today's starting lineup report, Snow is starting...

Doh.

Closed Thread