Gameday thread: Flames @ Wild, Oct. 21

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 03:20 AM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Gameday thread: Flames @ Wild, Oct. 21

Minny record 1-4-1.

This should be a win. I'm going to say 3-1 Wild.

Goals by Brandner, Burns and Bouchard.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:37 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Minny record 1-4-1.

This should be a win. I'm going to say 3-1 Wild.

Goals by Brandner, Burns and Bouchard.
We desperately need some chemistry. Mitchell's probably out.. Will Walz be ready? I'll be happy with a decent-effort loss, but will predict a 4-2 win.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Kristofer

2-1 Wild
Goals by Zholtok and Daigle.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:47 AM
DW

Has there been any news on Willie Mitchell? I havn't seen any reports that he is good to go.

3-3 tie. I've been so far off, I don't know which way is up.

PMB, Zholtok, Choinard.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
ceber

"An MRI performed Monday on Wild defenseman Willie Mitchell's right knee revealed a mild sprain of the medial collateral ligament."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1330/4165775.html

I like the word "mild"... hopefully that's true.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Jbcraig1883

This is frustrating to see the Wild down 2-1 at the end of the second. I think this is the best game they have played this year. I really like the physicality the Wild are bringing and I think Schultz has played in this game like he did in the playoffs. Zyuzin and Kuba are also really playing solid. Burns is playing the body but seems confused a little bit. I like Brandner more and more, and what a pass from Johnson on Parks goal who is looking quite good himself. Just some thoughts...

Old
10-21-2003, 05:31 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I thought it was a pretty bad game. From defensemen colliding to Roli looking awful. He needs to step it up.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:35 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18
This is frustrating to see the Wild down 2-1 at the end of the second. I think this is the best game they have played this year. I really like the physicality the Wild are bringing and I think Schultz has played in this game like he did in the playoffs. Zyuzin and Kuba are also really playing solid. Burns is playing the body but seems confused a little bit. I like Brandner more and more, and what a pass from Johnson on Parks goal who is looking quite good himself. Just some thoughts...
Zyuzin did look good!

Old
10-21-2003, 06:31 PM
ceber

Some weird moments in this one. Couple of really nice looking bits, followed by a fair bit of "what the heck are you guys doing?"

Right now the team reminds me of this really old 18 hp. Johnson I used to have. Went bad from getting wet one too many times (the folly of youth, and "I'll bail the boat later.").. Anyway, this thing would run pretty rough most of the time, but every so often it would just kick into a nice smooth running stretch.. more power, etc.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:15 AM
ceber

Burns looked pretty decent manning the blue line on the power play. I was surprised to see that, but hadn't noticed Zholtok go out. Still, says a lot that Lemaire decided to put him out there. Kid's handled some pretty heavy responsibilities well so far, huh?

Old
10-22-2003, 11:29 AM
DW

This was there best game all season. They had some lapses again but they didn't disappear for long stretches of the game. There still seems to be no one that can finnish here. But they had there best chances all season last night. They actually looked like last years team in some parts of the game.

Neither goalie has played better then average yet. Which kind of stinks. It could help this team out alot if one of them could have a good stretch of games. Maybe it could build some confidence with the new guys in the lineup if we could stay away from the bad goal like that 2nd one last night. It's too bad, because in the preseason it looked like Manny was going to have a good start to the season. Rollie looks pretty much the same as last year IMO. It just looks bad when we're coughing up the puck on a regualr basis in our own end. All of a sudden, they look like average goalies. Two on ones look bad, but giving up soft goals to boot, is just putting this team in a whole that they can't recover from IMO. 3+ goals is alot to ask from the present group of players IMO.

Closed Thread