HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY Times: Kasparaitis Suffered a Mild MCL Sprain

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 08:23 PM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
NY Times: Kasparaitis Suffered a Mild MCL Sprain

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/sp...15rangers.html

This doesn't sound good. The only positive is that it is a "mild sprain". Betts' wasn't mild. Maybe it will only be 3-4 weeks. We will see. Pock will be recalled.

Old
01-14-2006, 08:29 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

How did he injure himself in warmups? I missed that.

Old
01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Blueshirt Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
How did he injure himself in warmups? I missed that.
He collided with Dominic Moore.

Old
01-14-2006, 09:12 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Yankee
He collided with Dominic Moore.
Thanks. Comedy of errors.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:21 PM
shoothepuck

You would have to expect that Pock is coming back up.

Old
01-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Skroob*

so with Kaspar out for a bit, id he doesnt return in time, do you think that Tyutin takes his place (in terms of playing time) on the Olympic squad?

He was the 7th NHLer on that squad, now hes 6th.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

If it's truly a mild sprain, Kaspar could be out for 2-3 weeks a most. It all depends on whether the swelling starts to go down within 24 hours.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:37 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Is anyone else worried about Pock coming in? I think it was FlyLine that said that he looked awful defensively, and this is in the AHL.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Is anyone else worried about Pock coming in? I think it was FlyLine that said that he looked awful defensively, and this is in the AHL.
People here talk abut having depth all the time. Well, here's the chance to use it. Might as well see what Pck has been doing for the last 1 1/2 years and find out if he can cut it in the NHL. We are rebuilding after all.

Or we can just find some older defenseman who's on the outs with his current team (probably because he's too slow to keep up in the new NHL) and give up a draft choice for him.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:05 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
People here talk abut having depth all the time. Well, here's the chance to use it. Might as well see what Pck has been doing for the last 1 1/2 years and find out if he can cut it in the NHL. We are rebuilding after all.

Or we can just find some older defenseman who's on the outs with his current team (probably because he's too slow to keep up in the new NHL) and give up a draft choice for him.
But the depth people talk about are guys playing in the juniors...

Old
01-15-2006, 01:24 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
But the depth people talk about are guys playing in the juniors...
Then maybe the team isn't as far along in the rebuilding process as some people have thought. After all, we've been playing with a 30 year old journeyman (who's play has been showing why he's never really stuck in the NHL as a regular from year to year) as one of the top six defenseman.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:50 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Then maybe the team isn't as far along in the rebuilding process as some people have thought. After all, we've been playing with a 30 year old journeyman (who's play has been showing why he's never really stuck in the NHL as a regular from year to year) as one of the top six defenseman.
Well Staal will probably play here next year, he at least is far along in the rebuilding process. Let me take a wild guess, are you talking about Roszival?

Old
01-15-2006, 11:09 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We have just lost all of our intimidation and grit on our blueline with Kaspar going down. This is a huge blow. Bring Pock and lets pray he shows he is worthy of being here.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:53 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
We have just lost all of our intimidation and grit on our blueline with Kaspar going down. This is a huge blow. Bring Pock and lets pray he shows he is worthy of being here.
Strudwick brings some too

Old
01-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Well Staal will probably play here next year, he at least is far along in the rebuilding process. Let me take a wild guess, are you talking about Roszival?
I'm talking in general, not about a particular player. And I'm talking about the lack of depth on the blueline in this organization that translates into having only 6 defensemen on the NHL roster at any time during the season. With Kondratiev traded and Lampman out for the season, there appears to be absolutely no one the Rangers are willing to call up and play, except in the case of injury. And then, (as I pointed in the post you responded to), there is the case of Strudwick, who's play for the last several weeks has been deteriorating as his playing time increased. Should he really be playing every game in the first year this organization is truly trying to rebuild? My answer is no. In a perfect world we would have another rookie or near rookie playing in the hope of finding a diamond in the rough. But now, at best, we will end up seeing another veteran (who is hopefully a soon to be UFA) brought in for the playoff push.

As for Roszival: I was not too terribly upset by his signing, but now my biggest fear is that he has (in the eyes of management) earned a spot for next year.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:58 AM
True Blue

Quote:
As for Roszival: I was not too terribly upset by his signing, but now my biggest fear is that he has (in the eyes of management) earned a spot for next year.
I just do not see how that is possible. Unless Sather & Co. really do believe that he has been a "revelation" and is truly a "very good young player", as has been termed on TV & radio, I do not see how he can be brought back. The Rangers have three players who are cemented into 3 of the 6 spots for defense next year, Tyutin, Malik & Kasper. That leaves 3 open spots. One can presume that Strudwick will not be a starter next year. That is one spot. That leaves Poti & Rozsival. None have demonstrated that they should be a part of the future.
Let's say that Sather makes a run at one of Chara, Redden, Jovo or McCabe. If he really wants to, I suspect that he will be able to land one of them, especially if the cap amount is raised and he wants to throw $5m-$6 at any of them. That is one spot. Let's even further say that Baranka is not ready and needs one more year. For players like Pock and Lampman, next year is now or never. They are of an age that eiter they make the team or should be out of the system.
And, by all accounts, Staal has absolutely nothing to prove at juniors anymore. Since he cannot start the year in Hartford, he can land in the top 6 with the big team.
So really this will come down to Strudwick, Rozsival & Poti or

Potential UFA & two of Staal, Pock, Lampman or Baranka.
I just do not see an available spot for Rozsival. At least nothing that cannot be replaced with younger, bigger, faster & cheaper.

Closed Thread