HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-17 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2016, 01:55 AM
  #51
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg10 View Post
Buy, because I think he is either going on LTIR and waives or he is healthy and waives for the expansion draft knowing he won't get picked.

Anton Forsberg wins the backup job.
Sell. Korpisalo's performance last year earns him the spot regardless of preseason results.

Buy/Sell: Torts finally gets Wennberg to start shooting the puck more often and he scores 15+ goals.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 02:04 AM
  #52
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Sell. Korpisalo's performance last year earns him the spot regardless of preseason results.

Buy/Sell: Torts finally gets Wennberg to start shooting the puck more often and he scores 15+ goals.
Buy.

Wenns leads the team in scoring (points).

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 06:48 AM
  #53
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?
 
The Old Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Wenns leads the team in scoring (points).
Sell. I guessing it will be Saad. 30 goals and about an equal number of assists.

On Thanksgiving day, the Blue Jackets will either be in a playoff spot, or no more than 2 points away. (That's 18 games or about 22% of the season).

The Old Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 09:14 AM
  #54
Forepar
Registered User
 
Forepar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South-Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg10 View Post
I'll buy.

I'll say my last one again since it didn't get replied to, The first Fire Torts thread appears in November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
Sell. I guessing it will be Saad. 30 goals and about an equal number of assists.

On Thanksgiving day, the Blue Jackets will either be in a playoff spot, or no more than 2 points away. (That's 18 games or about 22% of the season).

Sell on Torts - October.

Sell on Thanksgiving Day position - see Torts response above. Same team as last year, with a bunch of rookies. They will be fun to watch by seasnon's end, but not in the hunt this season.

Wild Bill scores 18pts on 4th line.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 09:35 AM
  #55
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forepar View Post
Sell on Torts - October.

Sell on Thanksgiving Day position - see Torts response above. Same team as last year, with a bunch of rookies. They will be fun to watch by seasnon's end, but not in the hunt this season.

Wild Bill scores 18pts on 4th line.
Gonna sell only because it's so rare to spend an entire season on one line. If we're going to look only at his time spent with a certain set of linemates... I'll still sell.

Bjorkstrand starts the year in Columbus but spends some time in the AHL.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 11:47 AM
  #56
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?
 
The Old Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

Bjorkstrand starts the year in Columbus but spends some time in the AHL.
Sell. If things are going to be as dire as many expect, Bjorkstrand will be served to learn the NHL game. I think he has the chops to find his way in the NHL given time. I ask that any re-hab or comeback from injury be excepted.

Buy/Sell: Werenski hits a point no later than February or March when "the light comes on".

The Old Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 11:54 AM
  #57
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
Sell. If things are going to be as dire as many expect, Bjorkstrand will be served to learn the NHL game. I think he has the chops to find his way in the NHL given time. I ask that any re-hab or comeback from injury be excepted.

Buy/Sell: Werenski hits a point no later than February or March when "the light comes on".
Sell. I think he starts off strong and then cools down around the mid point of the season. And a lot of debating will ensue.

Buy/Sell: Columbus takes an entire series (wins all of the games) over an Eastern Conference opponent.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 12:08 PM
  #58
SavesEmNot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Sell. I think he starts off strong and then cools down around the mid point of the season. And a lot of debating will ensue.

Buy/Sell: Columbus takes an entire series (wins all of the games) over an Eastern Conference opponent.
EDIT: I assumed you meant playoffs. I still say sell, since we still have a young team and even if they improve, I still think they will lack consistency.

Buy/sell: Heatherington sees NHL time this season.


Last edited by SavesEmNot: 08-24-2016 at 12:20 PM.
SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 12:46 PM
  #59
JoeyDangles19
Registered User
 
JoeyDangles19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavesEmNot View Post
EDIT: I assumed you meant playoffs. I still say sell, since we still have a young team and even if they improve, I still think they will lack consistency.

Buy/sell: Heatherington sees NHL time this season.

Sell...too many bodies in front of him (Goloubef, Prout, Kukan, Werenski all are fighting for the 5/6 spots)


Buy/Sell: Hartnell scores 50 points this season

JoeyDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 01:00 PM
  #60
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDangles19 View Post
Sell...too many bodies in front of him (Goloubef, Prout, Kukan, Werenski all are fighting for the 5/6 spots)


Buy/Sell: Hartnell scores 50 points this season
Exactly 50? Sell.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:47 PM
  #61
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
Sell. I guessing it will be Saad. 30 goals and about an equal number of assists.

On Thanksgiving day, the Blue Jackets will either be in a playoff spot, or no more than 2 points away. (That's 18 games or about 22% of the season).
I'm selling that big time. IMO they could be 0-14 to start, I doubt they will be but looking at the schedule is frightening. A 6-10-2 or something like that would be a very possible scenario come Thanksgiving.

Buy/Sell: The Jackets are heavy sellers at the deadline dumping Hartnell & JMFJ.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 07:59 PM
  #62
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'm selling that big time. IMO they could be 0-14 to start, I doubt they will be but looking at the schedule is frightening. A 6-10-2 or something like that would be a very possible scenario come Thanksgiving.

Buy/Sell: The Jackets are heavy sellers at the deadline dumping Hartnell & JMFJ.
Buy. The overly-pessimistic and jaded CBJ fans on HFBoards will be pleasantly surprised at their team's play this season.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 11:12 PM
  #63
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Buy. The overly-pessimistic and jaded CBJ fans on HFBoards will be pleasantly surprised at their team's play this season.
Sell - the Jackets could surprise, be in contention and people will still be *****ing...

The Jackets keep openents below 32 shots per game next season & the goalie comined save % is >.92


Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 08-27-2016 at 11:20 PM.
LetsGOJackets!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 06:13 AM
  #64
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?
 
The Old Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
The Jackets keep openents below 32 shots per game next season & the goalie comined save % is >.92
I will buy the first part. I expect the team defense to begin to show improvements over the course of an entire season. I will sell the greater than .920 combined save percentage of all goalies. Somebody is going to drag down the average.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ win opening night against Boston.

The Old Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 09:13 AM
  #65
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
I will buy the first part. I expect the team defense to begin to show improvements over the course of an entire season. I will sell the greater than .920 combined save percentage of all goalies. Somebody is going to drag down the average.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ win opening night against Boston.
Buy. HFBoards wont make it through the end of the season.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 09:27 AM
  #66
Samkow
Global Moderator
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 15,752
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Buy. HFBoards wont make it through the end of the season.
Sell. Actually, we're slated to be moving to a new forum system in December.

Average Attendance drops below 13,750.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 10:52 AM
  #67
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Sell. Actually, we're slated to be moving to a new forum system in December.

Average Attendance drops below 13,750.
Buy. Even if the team improves there will be a lag.

Buy/Sell: Josh Anderson makes the team and becomes the terror of the Metro.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 11:45 AM
  #68
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Sell. Actually, we're slated to be moving to a new forum system in December.

Average Attendance drops below 13,750.
Buy-at least in real numbers. Announced attendance is significantly inflated and really doesn't mean anything.

Buy/Sell: Jarmo Kekalainen will be fired before next year's draft.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 11:46 AM
  #69
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Buy. Even if the team improves there will be a lag.

Buy/Sell: Josh Anderson makes the team and becomes the terror of the Metro.
I'll buy he makes it but sell on the terror part. He is a legend in your mind before his time.

Buy/Sell Hartnell will be healthy scratched for taking a crucial penalty sometime in the first 16 games.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 12:00 PM
  #70
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'll buy he makes it but sell on the terror part. He is a legend in your mind before his time.

Buy/Sell Hartnell will be healthy scratched for taking a crucial penalty sometime in the first 16 games.
Buy: At the least he'll be scratched in the first 16 games.

Hartnell had 2 goals and 2 assists in the last game of the season vs. Chicago. In the preceding 27 games, he had 3 goals and 6 assists -a 27 points pace for a full season. He was -14 in those 27 games as well.

Buy/Sell: Will Hartnell show steep decline in performance this season making him impossible to trade?

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 12:17 PM
  #71
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 20,105
vCash: 500
Sell. I still think he's a good player and can bring something to a playoff team.

Matt Calvert gets traded this season

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 12:48 PM
  #72
Tulipunaruusu*
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Buy.

Not even the door of his home creeked when the boy left to the world, grim it stared the boy. Only one brightened his wander, the evening star of a roamer, the evening star of a roamer.

John Tortorella's playbook is vertical.

Tulipunaruusu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 12:59 PM
  #73
SavesEmNot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipunaruusu View Post
Buy.

Not even the door of his home creeked when the boy left to the world, grim it stared the boy. Only one brightened his wander, the evening star of a roamer, the evening star of a roamer.

John Tortorella's playbook is vertical.
Sell; I can't recall seeing Torts' playbook in particular, but when I googled "hockey playbook", most examples were horizontal.

Buy/sell: The Jackets' first goal is scored by someone who wasn't a regular last season.

SavesEmNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 03:23 PM
  #74
vogeezy
In search for a 1C
 
vogeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bjorkstrand
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavesEmNot View Post
Sell; I can't recall seeing Torts' playbook in particular, but when I googled "hockey playbook", most examples were horizontal.

Buy/sell: The Jackets' first goal is scored by someone who wasn't a regular last season.
Sell, Atkinson usually is on fire out of the gate, my money's on him.

Buy/Sell Werenski does not start out the year with CBJ

vogeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 05:50 PM
  #75
JoeyDangles19
Registered User
 
JoeyDangles19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
Sell, Atkinson usually is on fire out of the gate, my money's on him.

Buy/Sell Werenski does not start out the year with CBJ



But actually though, if Werenski does not make the NHL club, our defense has got to be the worst in the league and it's not even close.

Buy/Sell: Jackets finish no worse than 5th in the metro division

JoeyDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.