HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Scouting Report 1

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 05:17 AM
HabsAddict

vCash: 500
Hamilton Scouting Report 1

Here is a link to the first in a series of Scouting Reports from Hamilton.

http://habsrus.proboards4.com/index....num=1066615586

Old
10-20-2003, 05:43 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict
Here is a link to the first in a series of Scouting Reports from Hamilton.

http://habsrus.proboards4.com/index....num=1066615586
Dykhuis is too inept handling the puck and is slow making decisions with the puck. He is a #5-6 defenseman on a below average team.

Last year, I also was not blowed away by Perezhogin. But that could be do to the fact I read so many "future great" post about him on these boards. I could have been expecting too much. Andre Savard had him as the second best prospect on the team but I had him at #4-5.

Nice to see Balej has turned around some

Old
10-20-2003, 07:27 AM
Darz

Good read HabsAddict. Look forward to reading more ofthem throughout the year.

Thoughts:
I'm not worried about Komi, as most of the weaknesses you mentioned, seem to be standard amoungst big young dmen. With his impressive work ethic, I'm sure he'll be in Montreal by the end of the year.

Perezhogin is going to need some time before a proper evaluation can take place. A young kid coming to N.A. needs time to adjust to so many thing that you can understand why alot of times it take awhile before their true hockey abilities come to the forefront. I'll be intrested to see how much he improves this year.

Dhykuis at this point is going to be our injury insurance policy. He won't see playing time in Montreal unless we get hit with a couple blueline injuries. I hope he can become somewhat of a leader in Hamilton. A good work ethic will go along ways towards that.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Last year, I also was not blowed away by Perezhogin. But that could be do to the fact I read so many "future great" post about him on these boards. I could have been expecting too much. Andre Savard had him as the second best prospect on the team but I had him at #4-5.
??? Perezhogin wasn't on the team last season. He wasn't even in North America.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Habsaku

He mustve meant in the WJC, where he wasn't impressive every game.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
habitants9_4

Perezhogin

Perezhogin hasn't really stuck out in any of the home games that I have been to. I was disappointed when I first saw him play, but it could be the adapting process. I went to talk to him in the room, and he can barely speak a word of English, they have him (with a few other players) on English lessons. He needs to communicate, but obviously someone sees a lot of skill in him, because he is on a first line with Jimmy Olvestad and Benoit Gratton. He does have some speed, and I think he is very effective in the neutral zone....He made some nice passes.

As for what he said about Komisarek... He did some bone crushing hits, and he is HUGE! When I shook his hand, it was the most firm hand shake ever. He is a big guy, and is learning to use his body in a deadly fashion. Sometimes he can get caught looking for the big hit though.

Plekanec and Balej have been extremely impressive on a line, on several occasions they make plays that put you in awe. Plekanec is a very dirty player, and that could be costly in the future. Balej is fast, and can react fast, he is noticeably slower with the puck. (The case with many players, except the ones like Bure)

As for Dykhuis. He has been awful. I donít know how he is a +3 or +4. It seems to always work that way, but he looks miserable. Traverse is not that slow, because he has a different skating style that makes him look slower.

Ferland is one of my favorites... Heís a hard worker, and nailed one guy. It was HUGE!!!!

Old
10-20-2003, 02:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
He mustve meant in the WJC, where he wasn't impressive every game.

Funny, I thought he was one of the best players in the entire tournament. He was solid in both ends of the rink.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:13 PM
HabsAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Good read HabsAddict. Look forward to reading more ofthem throughout the year.

Thoughts:
I'm not worried about Komi, as most of the weaknesses you mentioned, seem to be standard amoungst big young dmen. With his impressive work ethic, I'm sure he'll be in Montreal by the end of the year.

Perezhogin is going to need some time before a proper evaluation can take place. A young kid coming to N.A. needs time to adjust to so many thing that you can understand why alot of times it take awhile before their true hockey abilities come to the forefront. I'll be intrested to see how much he improves this year.

Dhykuis at this point is going to be our injury insurance policy. He won't see playing time in Montreal unless we get hit with a couple blueline injuries. I hope he can become somewhat of a leader in Hamilton. A good work ethic will go along ways towards that.
I am not worried about Komo either but it wil take a while.

Peraz is getting a taste of NA hockey but he is not shrinking from it.

~~~~~~

I hope to see several games spread thoughout the year.

Closed Thread