HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Countdown to showdown...

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Der Schweinehund

vCash: 500
Countdown to showdown...

Anyone else circling the 25th and 29th of this month, anticipating (hopefully) a showdown between DiPietro and Fleury for one or both games?

Old
10-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Schweinehund
Anyone else circling the 25th and 29th of this month, anticipating (hopefully) a showdown between DiPietro and Fleury for one or both games?
DiPietro has been playing very well. Would be cool to see them play against each other.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:35 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

for some reason that neve popped in my heaad. but yeah, that would be geat to see, though i probably wont be able to see it

Old
10-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Der Schweinehund

There is the one post topic about re-doing the last five years of Pen draft picks. Ultimately, the moral of the story is that hindsight is 20/20.

Playing that game with DiPietro in mind, Mad Mike Milbury effectively has acquired...

Rick DiPietro, Alexei Yashin, Mark Parrish & Oleg Kvasha

FOR

Roberto Luongo, Olli Jokinen, Jason Spezza, Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt, and Dany Heatley or Marian Gaborik (drafting in place of DiPietro)

I know that DiPietro is starting to come around, but in the same argument, Jokinen is coming around too - plus Luongo is already 'around.'

Plenty of arguments too - like if Jokinen hadn't met Mike Keenan, then maybe he would still be a bust. Or if they didn't acquire Yashin, then they would have spent on Jagr. Additionally, in defense of Milbury, it has sounded like the Yashin trade may have had some pressure from ownership to make.

But still....damn, ouch, arggh...

Closed Thread