HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2016-2017 Habs ticket thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2017, 05:23 PM
  #276
Canadiens1991
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Reds Game 5 and Game 7 Playoff Tickets for Sale at Face Value

I am looking to sell:

2 Game 5 Section 104 Row W tickets ($250/ticket)

2 Game 7 Section 101 Row P Tickets ($300/ticket)

https://www.tickpick.com/Checkout.as...705&invType=TP


Last edited by Canadiens1991: 04-18-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Canadiens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 09:17 AM
  #277
GordonGecko
Custom User Title
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBergFan View Post
I got a pair last Friday night via TICKPICK without any problem, and they don<t charge ANY fees at all. The price you see is the price you pay !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1991 View Post
I went and took a look at tickpick and it doesn't seem like there's an e-transfer/mobile option on the sell page, only a PDF option. Are you sure they have mobile transfer there?

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2017, 11:00 AM
  #278
LeHab
Registered User
 
LeHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,688
vCash: 500
How long does it typically take to get your money back for games that wont occur?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:27 PM
  #279
GordonGecko
Custom User Title
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,336
vCash: 50
I think the Habs are the first to do this:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-150-printing/

Can't believe you have to pay $150 in fees for hard tickets, that's pretty steep

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:29 PM
  #280
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I think the Habs are the first to do this:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-150-printing/

Can't believe you have to pay $150 in fees for hard tickets, that's pretty steep
I agree that's absolutely ridiculous. And we have to pay for 4 pre-season games at full price.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:38 PM
  #281
Deebs
Canadians win
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,961
vCash: 500
Why would anyone want hard copy tickets anyway? I understand some of the older folks (seniors) need them because they aren't very savvy with their phone and whatnot, but anyone under the age of 50 should be in the clear.

Question, for season ticket holders, how do your tickets arrive? Are they all on a card the size of of credit card?

Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:57 PM
  #282
GordonGecko
Custom User Title
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Why would anyone want hard copy tickets anyway?
It's part of the fun of live sports, it's a tangible item you can hold and keep as a souvenir. The Canadiens and Rangers are two of the few teams left in the NHL that still have hard tickets

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 08:14 PM
  #283
Deebs
Canadians win
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It's part of the fun of live sports, it's a tangible item you can hold and keep as a souvenir. The Canadiens and Rangers are two of the few teams left in the NHL that still have hard tickets
I used to think so when I was a kid as well. They are meaningless pieces of paper in today's society. Don't waste paper, use your phone if possible.

Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 08:30 PM
  #284
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian
 
Fenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston-Cambridge MA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,962
vCash: 30000000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
I used to think so when I was a kid as well. They are meaningless pieces of paper in today's society. Don't waste paper, use your phone if possible.
This means everything to me. First time Boston had won it all at home in 95 years.


Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 08:38 PM
  #285
Deebs
Canadians win
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
This means everything to me. First time Boston had won it all at home in 95 years.

The difference being of course it's a championship game and not just a some regular season game. Of course, if the person is really wanted the hard ticket to that regular season game, the team is still offering the opportunity to get them, it will just cost you an extra 5-10 or whatever it is. Seems like the right thing to do.

Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 09:44 PM
  #286
hockeyfanatic89
Registered User
 
hockeyfanatic89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
I realize they have the luxury of charging whatever prices they want. Doesn't excuse the slimy behaviour.

hockeyfanatic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 02:53 AM
  #287
viceroy
Registered User
 
viceroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montreal suburbs
Country: Canada
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Maybe they just want to discourage sharing?

I think that's the main reason. Me, my nephew and some of friends were planning on getting a pair of season tickets and sharing them among each other. Splitting the cost and getting to see plenty of games. This way Habsco gets an extra piece of that pie.

viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 05:54 AM
  #288
Moose Head
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
So at the last minute you can't make a game and want to give the tix to a friend, how's that dealt with if no hard copy? Yeah I'm over 50

Moose Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:44 AM
  #289
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 18,142
vCash: 500
The Habs are a money making machine, but this is dirty, very dirty...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:50 AM
  #290
Matteus
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
So at the last minute you can't make a game and want to give the tix to a friend, how's that dealt with if no hard copy? Yeah I'm over 50
There seems to be a functionality in the app for transferring tickets.
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/tickets/mobile-tickets

Matteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:56 AM
  #291
Lshap
Global Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,949
vCash: 500
Mobile tickets are simply PDF files with a barcode, which can be opened, printed, or emailed to someone else.

Anyone wanting to share it can email the file to their guest, who can print the file on their home printer, or simply show it on their phone at the Bell Centre where it'll be scanned. Really no big deal.

And by the way, I'm over 50, and the first person equating 50 with senior status is gonna seriously **** me off.

My issue with the business side of the Habs is the price-gouging. Exorbitant ticket prices to get in the door, and then obscene pricing for food and drinks to add insult to injury. With all the complaining about management on this board, at least their mistakes are unintentional and subjective. On the other hand, ownership's moves are done in the name of deliberate, calculated greed.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:02 AM
  #292
Moose Head
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Mobile tickets are simply PDF files with a barcode, which can be opened, printed, or emailed to someone else.

Anyone wanting to share it can email the file to their guest, who can print the file on their home printer, or simply show it on their phone at the Bell Centre where it'll be scanned. Really no big deal.

And by the way, I'm over 50, and the first person equating 50 with senior status is gonna seriously **** me off.

My issue with the business side of the Habs is the price-gouging. Exorbitant ticket prices to get in the door, and then obscene pricing for food and drinks to add insult to injury. With all the complaining about management on this board, at least their mistakes are unintentional and subjective. On the other hand, ownership's moves are done in the name of deliberate, calculated greed.
Sorry, I think I'm a bit more over 50 than you are lol. Was just assuming my question would be laughed at.

Moose Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:28 AM
  #293
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 18,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
Sorry, I think I'm a bit more over 50 than you are lol. Was just assuming my question would be laughed at.
Hey, I am over 50 also, and laughed...have never been serious about my age....just a number...

The habs organization, are a money making machine...as mentioned before, stuff like this really drives me nuts...as Lsap mentioned, the prices, to get in, and then the prices inside, are tough to swallow...supply/demand is a tough pill to swallow at times...

I live in NS and take my dad up once a year, for 2 games, and it's an expensive weekend, but we are big fans, we usually grab something before the game, and don't spend alot of $$$ once inside the Bell, which is what most people would do, so the Habs are really not helping themselves, in most cases...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 12:37 PM
  #294
sabremike
Registered User
 
sabremike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Just want to make sure: if I get from a secondary market can I still print the tickets from home? Me and a friend are planning to go to the late October game vs LA (really stoked about getting visiting Montreal and going to a Habs game off my bucket list) but can't get phone service outside the US with my provider. That would make mobile problematic, doublely so because I barely understand modern technology as it is.

sabremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:00 PM
  #295
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag
 
CaptainBenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: FIREBERGEVIN
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabremike View Post
Just want to make sure: if I get from a secondary market can I still print the tickets from home? Me and a friend are planning to go to the late October game vs LA (really stoked about getting visiting Montreal and going to a Habs game off my bucket list) but can't get phone service outside the US with my provider. That would make mobile problematic, doublely so because I barely understand modern technology as it is.
yes print it
in case you lose the paper you can save it on your phone (dont need data, just open it in pdf in ibooks if you have an iphone or save it as an image file OR take photo of it just in case)

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:14 PM
  #296
sabremike
Registered User
 
sabremike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBenn View Post
yes print it
in case you lose the paper you can save it on your phone (dont need data, just open it in pdf in ibooks if you have an iphone or save it as an image file OR take photo of it just in case)
Thanks! I'm just glad the camera on my phone will work so I can get my picture taken with Youppi! I miss the Expos, bulldoze Nationals Park and bring them home!!!

sabremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:34 PM
  #297
Le Tricolore
Moderator
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 34,478
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Mobile tickets are simply PDF files with a barcode, which can be opened, printed, or emailed to someone else.

Anyone wanting to share it can email the file to their guest, who can print the file on their home printer, or simply show it on their phone at the Bell Centre where it'll be scanned. Really no big deal.

And by the way, I'm over 50, and the first person equating 50 with senior status is gonna seriously **** me off.

My issue with the business side of the Habs is the price-gouging. Exorbitant ticket prices to get in the door, and then obscene pricing for food and drinks to add insult to injury. With all the complaining about management on this board, at least their mistakes are unintentional and subjective. On the other hand, ownership's moves are done in the name of deliberate, calculated greed.
I definitely thought you were younger than that. I guess that's a compliment.

It's price gouging, but it's just not the Habs doing it. Every single pro sports team in the world charges ridiculous prices for concessions once you're in the arean/stadium. If people are paying for it, I guess they're doing something right.

I don't remember the last time I paid for anything to eat or drink at a Habs game.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 02:05 PM
  #298
GordonGecko
Custom User Title
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBenn View Post
yes print it
in case you lose the paper you can save it on your phone (dont need data, just open it in pdf in ibooks if you have an iphone or save it as an image file OR take photo of it just in case)
I thought the Habs completely eliminated PDF tickets?

As far as I know mobile and hard tickets are the only choices now

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:38 PM
  #299
hizzoner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
I guess it is the same with programmes, 50/50 tickets etc.? No cash at concessions just bit coins or something? Or just gouging ticket buyers? I am closer to the century mark than 50 and this nihilistic approach to real tickets ticks me off.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 10:00 PM
  #300
Lshap
Global Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
I guess it is the same with programmes, 50/50 tickets etc.? No cash at concessions just bit coins or something? Or just gouging ticket buyers? I am closer to the century mark than 50 and this nihilistic approach to real tickets ticks me off.
You seem perfectly capable of partaking in an online message board, so I think thou protest too much. You're obviously technologically competent, so I think if you'd try mobile tickets you'd see the advantages of security and convenience.

I get the sentimental attraction to holding a physical ticket, but a ticket has one function -- gaining entry. I just want to get into the event, and a mobile ticket does the job easier and with less risk of loss, damage, or theft. Old style paper tickets are like skeleton keys; they still work, but aren't as effective as electronic security pads.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.