HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

2016-2017 Habs ticket thread

Old
04-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Canadiens1991

vCash: 500
Reds Game 5 and Game 7 Playoff Tickets for Sale at Face Value

I am looking to sell:

2 Game 5 Section 104 Row W tickets ($250/ticket)

2 Game 7 Section 101 Row P Tickets ($300/ticket)

https://www.tickpick.com/Checkout.as...705&invType=TP

Last edited by Canadiens1991: 04-18-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Canadiens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2017, 09:17 AM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBergFan View Post
I got a pair last Friday night via TICKPICK without any problem, and they don<t charge ANY fees at all. The price you see is the price you pay !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1991 View Post
I went and took a look at tickpick and it doesn't seem like there's an e-transfer/mobile option on the sell page, only a PDF option. Are you sure they have mobile transfer there?

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2017, 11:00 AM
LeHab

How long does it typically take to get your money back for games that wont occur?

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:27 PM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

I think the Habs are the first to do this:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-150-printing/

Can't believe you have to pay $150 in fees for hard tickets, that's pretty steep

Old
07-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I think the Habs are the first to do this:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...-150-printing/

Can't believe you have to pay $150 in fees for hard tickets, that's pretty steep
I agree that's absolutely ridiculous. And we have to pay for 4 pre-season games at full price.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Deebs
Canadians win

Why would anyone want hard copy tickets anyway? I understand some of the older folks (seniors) need them because they aren't very savvy with their phone and whatnot, but anyone under the age of 50 should be in the clear.

Question, for season ticket holders, how do your tickets arrive? Are they all on a card the size of of credit card?

Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 07:57 PM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Why would anyone want hard copy tickets anyway?
It's part of the fun of live sports, it's a tangible item you can hold and keep as a souvenir. The Canadiens and Rangers are two of the few teams left in the NHL that still have hard tickets

Old
07-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Deebs
Canadians win

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It's part of the fun of live sports, it's a tangible item you can hold and keep as a souvenir. The Canadiens and Rangers are two of the few teams left in the NHL that still have hard tickets
I used to think so when I was a kid as well. They are meaningless pieces of paper in today's society. Don't waste paper, use your phone if possible.

Old
07-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 30000000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
I used to think so when I was a kid as well. They are meaningless pieces of paper in today's society. Don't waste paper, use your phone if possible.
This means everything to me. First time Boston had won it all at home in 95 years.

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2017, 08:38 PM
Deebs
Canadians win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
This means everything to me. First time Boston had won it all at home in 95 years.

The difference being of course it's a championship game and not just a some regular season game. Of course, if the person is really wanted the hard ticket to that regular season game, the team is still offering the opportunity to get them, it will just cost you an extra 5-10 or whatever it is. Seems like the right thing to do.

Old
07-21-2017, 09:44 PM
hockeyfanatic89

I realize they have the luxury of charging whatever prices they want. Doesn't excuse the slimy behaviour.

hockeyfanatic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 02:53 AM
viceroy

Maybe they just want to discourage sharing?

I think that's the main reason. Me, my nephew and some of friends were planning on getting a pair of season tickets and sharing them among each other. Splitting the cost and getting to see plenty of games. This way Habsco gets an extra piece of that pie.

viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 05:54 AM
Moose Head

So at the last minute you can't make a game and want to give the tix to a friend, how's that dealt with if no hard copy? Yeah I'm over 50

Moose Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:44 AM
BLONG7

The Habs are a money making machine, but this is dirty, very dirty...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:50 AM
Matteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
So at the last minute you can't make a game and want to give the tix to a friend, how's that dealt with if no hard copy? Yeah I'm over 50
There seems to be a functionality in the app for transferring tickets.
https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/tickets/mobile-tickets

Matteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 06:56 AM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Mobile tickets are simply PDF files with a barcode, which can be opened, printed, or emailed to someone else.

Anyone wanting to share it can email the file to their guest, who can print the file on their home printer, or simply show it on their phone at the Bell Centre where it'll be scanned. Really no big deal.

And by the way, I'm over 50, and the first person equating 50 with senior status is gonna seriously **** me off.

My issue with the business side of the Habs is the price-gouging. Exorbitant ticket prices to get in the door, and then obscene pricing for food and drinks to add insult to injury. With all the complaining about management on this board, at least their mistakes are unintentional and subjective. On the other hand, ownership's moves are done in the name of deliberate, calculated greed.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:02 AM
Moose Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Mobile tickets are simply PDF files with a barcode, which can be opened, printed, or emailed to someone else.

Anyone wanting to share it can email the file to their guest, who can print the file on their home printer, or simply show it on their phone at the Bell Centre where it'll be scanned. Really no big deal.

And by the way, I'm over 50, and the first person equating 50 with senior status is gonna seriously **** me off.

My issue with the business side of the Habs is the price-gouging. Exorbitant ticket prices to get in the door, and then obscene pricing for food and drinks to add insult to injury. With all the complaining about management on this board, at least their mistakes are unintentional and subjective. On the other hand, ownership's moves are done in the name of deliberate, calculated greed.
Sorry, I think I'm a bit more over 50 than you are lol. Was just assuming my question would be laughed at.

Moose Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 07:28 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
Sorry, I think I'm a bit more over 50 than you are lol. Was just assuming my question would be laughed at.
Hey, I am over 50 also, and laughed...have never been serious about my age....just a number...

The habs organization, are a money making machine...as mentioned before, stuff like this really drives me nuts...as Lsap mentioned, the prices, to get in, and then the prices inside, are tough to swallow...supply/demand is a tough pill to swallow at times...

I live in NS and take my dad up once a year, for 2 games, and it's an expensive weekend, but we are big fans, we usually grab something before the game, and don't spend alot of $$$ once inside the Bell, which is what most people would do, so the Habs are really not helping themselves, in most cases...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 12:37 PM
sabremike

Just want to make sure: if I get from a secondary market can I still print the tickets from home? Me and a friend are planning to go to the late October game vs LA (really stoked about getting visiting Montreal and going to a Habs game off my bucket list) but can't get phone service outside the US with my provider. That would make mobile problematic, doublely so because I barely understand modern technology as it is.

sabremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:00 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabremike View Post
Just want to make sure: if I get from a secondary market can I still print the tickets from home? Me and a friend are planning to go to the late October game vs LA (really stoked about getting visiting Montreal and going to a Habs game off my bucket list) but can't get phone service outside the US with my provider. That would make mobile problematic, doublely so because I barely understand modern technology as it is.
yes print it
in case you lose the paper you can save it on your phone (dont need data, just open it in pdf in ibooks if you have an iphone or save it as an image file OR take photo of it just in case)

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:14 PM
sabremike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBenn View Post
yes print it
in case you lose the paper you can save it on your phone (dont need data, just open it in pdf in ibooks if you have an iphone or save it as an image file OR take photo of it just in case)
Thanks! I'm just glad the camera on my phone will work so I can get my picture taken with Youppi! I miss the Expos, bulldoze Nationals Park and bring them home!!!

sabremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

I definitely thought you were younger than that. I guess that's a compliment.

It's price gouging, but it's just not the Habs doing it. Every single pro sports team in the world charges ridiculous prices for concessions once you're in the arean/stadium. If people are paying for it, I guess they're doing something right.

I don't remember the last time I paid for anything to eat or drink at a Habs game.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 02:05 PM
GordonGecko
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBenn View Post
yes print it
I thought the Habs completely eliminated PDF tickets?

As far as I know mobile and hard tickets are the only choices now

Old
07-22-2017, 07:38 PM
hizzoner

I guess it is the same with programmes, 50/50 tickets etc.? No cash at concessions just bit coins or something? Or just gouging ticket buyers? I am closer to the century mark than 50 and this nihilistic approach to real tickets ticks me off.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
I guess it is the same with programmes, 50/50 tickets etc.? No cash at concessions just bit coins or something? Or just gouging ticket buyers? I am closer to the century mark than 50 and this nihilistic approach to real tickets ticks me off.
You seem perfectly capable of partaking in an online message board, so I think thou protest too much. You're obviously technologically competent, so I think if you'd try mobile tickets you'd see the advantages of security and convenience.

I get the sentimental attraction to holding a physical ticket, but a ticket has one function -- gaining entry. I just want to get into the event, and a mobile ticket does the job easier and with less risk of loss, damage, or theft. Old style paper tickets are like skeleton keys; they still work, but aren't as effective as electronic security pads.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote