HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-2017 Habs ticket thread

Old
10-15-2016, 08:47 PM
disneybuff

vCash: 500
Anyone know what the very last row in the blue section at the bell centre is?

disneybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Clumsyhab

400s D

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Higgins

Tickets below cost

Hey guys,

Selling 2 tickets below cost to the following games, section 315 (greys) row D.

Thursday, October 20th vs Arizona - $120 for the pair
Monday, October 24th vs Philadelphia Flyers - $130 for the pair

Cost on the pair is $150

Let me know if interested.

Thanks

Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 03:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Sold.

Last edited by loudi94: 10-25-2016 at 08:25 AM.
loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Galchenyuk94

Got a pair of tickets for the Arizona game on thursday for sale. selling below cost I can't make it.

312 FF. Cost is 186$ for the pair I'll sell for 150$. Let me know!

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2016, 09:26 AM
eyhp

Need to sell my two tickets for the Arizona game on Thursday (10/20). Section 303, Grey, on the aisle. $120 for the pair, below face value. Send me a PM.

eyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 03:39 AM
DEUCE44

Habs vs coyotes. White 1st row aa. Below face value.

Selling pair of tickets vs the Coyotes

selling at 170$
face value is 204$

can deliver in montreal, laval or west island for 10$ more

hard tickets
section 323
row AA

HABS shoot 2x in this zone
GREAT view and more footspace than other seats

DEUCE44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 03:51 AM
DEUCE44

Upcoming games; white 1st row, face value

HABS VS TB OCT 27 TH
HABS VS TOR OCT 29 SAT (OPTIMUM GAME 324$)
HABS VS VAN NOV 2 WED
HABS VS BOS NOV 8 TUES

face value is 204$
can deliver in montreal, laval or west island for 10$ more

hard tickets
section 323
row AA

HABS shoot 2x in this zone
GREAT view and more footspace than other seats

DEUCE44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 04:11 PM
Dagistitsyn

Ive got a single ticket for tonights game for sale if anyones interested. Section 321 row EE

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2016, 09:17 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
looking to trade for nov 8 boston or nov 10th Los Angeles

the game i have to trade is jan 14th vs nyr. seats are 118 row A seats 5-6.

i want to trade for similar seating and value

thanks
anyone?

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 10:51 AM
bamboo

I have a pair of greys for tonight, willing to sell at 130$, below face value. Message me ASAP if you would like to purchase them.

Thanks

bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2016, 02:50 PM
seasontix
Rookie User

I have a pair of tickets for Saturday november 5 against the Philadelphia Flyers. Section 105 row V.

340$ for the pair.
Can meet in Laval, Montreal, West-island.

seasontix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Laps40

I've got two pairs for sale

November 15th against the Panthers
November 24th against the Hurricanes

Selling at face value 150$...section 318 row C seats 15-16
PM for more info

Laps40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Higgins

Below cost Vancouver Nov 2nd

Looking to sell a pair of tickets in the greys vs Vancouver Canucks on Nov 2nd

Section 315 Row D

Asking only $130 for the pair (face value is $150!)

Msg me if interested

Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 08:10 AM
bamboo

Canadiens Tickets

Hi,

I have a pair of tickets available for the following games (all prices below retail).

Section 325 GREYS

Sat, 29 Oct 2016 MAPLE LEAFS CANADIENS 7:00 PM (230$ for the pair)
Wed, 2 Nov 2016 CANUCKS CANADIENS 7:30 PM (125$ for the pair)
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 KINGS CANADIENS 7:30 PM (125$ for the pair)

Thanks

bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 08:28 AM
oli88

I have a pair of tickets for tonight game against Tampa Bay.

There are located in section 309 row EE seats 1-2.

Willing to sell them at cost value and can meet around Bell Center around 5pm with hard copies!

oli88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Habernack
BookHockey

vCash: 727
Ticket Dilemma

Didn't see this type of question being asked in the tickets thread... mod can move if necessary.

I'd like some advise from those who have sat a little everywhere at the Bell Centre.

I have a pair of tickets to the Leafs @ Habs game on Saturday, Nov 19th. 7th row in section 111. I have never held such "good" seats for a pro game before. My friend who's been to many games advised me that I should sell them for a profit and buy other seats.

His reasoning was that i'd likely not enjoy myself as much as I would being elsewhere, being the rowdy, yelling type that I am. He goes on to tell me about either the Desjardins section or another I can't recall that includes booze and a meal? I'm not aware of these or the experience one could have sitting there.

So the dilemma being, keep the seats because I'll likely not sit that close for the price I paid ($400 for the pair) ever again? Or sell, make a few bucks and potentially have a better time?

Also, how accurate is stubhub? Can I actually get anywhere near the 1K for these seats if I try to sell?

Any insight to help in my decision making would be really helpful.

Thanks all

Habernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 01:04 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habernack View Post
Didn't see this type of question being asked in the tickets thread... mod can move if necessary.

I'd like some advise from those who have sat a little everywhere at the Bell Centre.

I have a pair of tickets to the Leafs @ Habs game on Saturday, Nov 19th. 7th row in section 111. I have never held such "good" seats for a pro game before. My friend who's been to many games advised me that I should sell them for a profit and buy other seats.

His reasoning was that i'd likely not enjoy myself as much as I would being elsewhere, being the rowdy, yelling type that I am. He goes on to tell me about either the Desjardins section or another I can't recall that includes booze and a meal? I'm not aware of these or the experience one could have sitting there.

So the dilemma being, keep the seats because I'll likely not sit that close for the price I paid ($400 for the pair) ever again? Or sell, make a few bucks and potentially have a better time?

Also, how accurate is stubhub? Can I actually get anywhere near the 1K for these seats if I try to sell?

Thanks all
No matter how many hot dogs or smoked meats you'll eat in the Desjardins section, it won't be worth seeing the players from close and appreciating the speed and strength of the game. Plus the tickets to Desjardins are like 150$ each so it's not like you'll make that much money selling the tickets.

CastroLeRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

vCash: 50
Keep the tickets.

I saw a game from the 6th row for the first time recently and it's a totally different experience.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
DangerDave
Leptit prince et moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habernack View Post

Thanks all
Those are great seats. I personally prefer 300 front row but you'll really enjoy those seats.

DangerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 02:17 PM
VladTheLimpWhaler

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm one of those people who thinks that the lower you sit, the worse your view and ability to enjoy the game is. The higher you sit, the more ice you actually see. I don't understand how anyone can sit behind the glass and enjoy the game at all. All you see is bodies whizzing by and it's next to impossible to get a sense of space. A lot of the time you can't actually see the action because it's being blocked by the players. Guy goes on a breakaway and you want to see the shot, but some other player skates right by you and obstructs your view, or a ref happens to be standing in front of you.

It's also really difficult to get a sense of space or depth perception the lower you are. Imagine a basic play like watching two defencemen standing on the point passing the puck from one end of the point to the other. When you're up high you can see the amount of space between the two players - you see the whole ice. When you're down against the glass, you see one guy in front of your face, and you can't actually see the other guy behind the first guy. The players themselves block the view. Even when you're about halfway up the lower bowl, it is still much too difficult to get a sense of space.

Sell your tickets and get something in the lower part of the upper bowl. Use the profits to buy yourself a Weber jersey

Also, you're in section 111, which means you will only see the Canadiens attacking once. Two out of three periods you'll be rubber necking and won't be able to see anything because being in row 7 means you are so low that you won't be able to see the net because there will be 10 skaters and 3 officials on the ice, and they'll be scattered throughout the offensive zone, and you'll be so low that you won't be able to see the net through them. I just don't get what anyone enjoys about sitting so low, unless you have x-ray vision and can see through bodies, you're missing most of the action. Otherwise, you're getting the same view as a screened goalie gets. It's just confusing and frustrating.

People who say sitting lower makes you appreciate the speed of the game, I suppose there is some truth in that. Watching a car go right past your face makes you appreciate its speed more than if you were 100 feet away watching it go from left to right, but if you want to get a more accurate sense of that car's trajectory, or get a sense of the car's relationship with other cars, or if you want to see the driver's face for more than a split second flash, it's best to be further away. Would you say that sitting in the front row of a movie makes you appreciate the speed of the action? How is sitting front row at a hockey game any different?

Last edited by VladTheLimpWhaler: 10-27-2016 at 02:33 PM.
VladTheLimpWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 02:26 PM
mechantmardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheLimpWhaler View Post
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm one of those people who thinks that the lower you sit, the worse your view and ability to enjoy the game is. The higher you sit, the more ice you actually see. I don't understand how anyone can sit behind the glass and enjoy the game at all. All you see is bodies whizzing by and it's next to impossible to get a sense of space. A lot of the time you can't actually see the action because it's being blocked by the players. Guy goes on a breakaway and you want to see the shot, but some other player skates right by you and obstructs your view, or a ref happens to be standing in front of you.

It's also really difficult to get a sense of space or depth perception the lower you are. Imagine a basic play like watching two defencemen standing on the point passing the puck from one end of the point to the other. When you're up high you can see the amount of space between the two players - you see the whole ice. When you're down against the glass, you see one guy in front of your face, and you can't actually see the other guy behind the first guy. The players themselves block the view. Even when you're about halfway up the lower bowl, it is still much too difficult to get a sense of space.

Sell your tickets and get something in the lower part of the upper bowl. Use the profits to buy yourself a Weber jersey
while i understand your point, there's something to be said about seizing an opportunity to experience a game up close.

i have been to dozens of games in the white/gray/blue sections, but i was once invited to sit in the second row and it was one of my more memorable experiences at the bell center that i probably won't forget.

in my opinion OP enjoy the game... there will always be opportunities to sit in the upper balconies for 50-60 bucks.

mechantmardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 02:40 PM
VladTheLimpWhaler

From an article about the best place to sit in a hockey game:

Quote:
the lower you sit at center ice, the more of the ice surface is obscured. Sitting on the glass at center ice – if that’s possible in some rinks – are arguably the worst seats in the house.

Seriously, what’s the point in going to a game when you’re missing half of the action? To catch what’s going on, you have to look at the big screens at center ice. If you’re on the glass, that’s almost straight up. Talk about being a literal pain in the neck.

So where are the best seats? Ask the players. Not the ones in the game, of course, but the ones not playing.

Whether they’re injured and not sitting in the press box, or their team is in town early because of a quirk in the schedule, players all usually sit in the same area of any arena. Even retired players who sit in the seats sit in these areas. Coaches and retired coaches do as well.

If you want to watch the game and see the entire ice surface, the best place to sit is in a corner. Even if you sit on the glass in a corner, you can see the entire rink. Most players or retired players usually sit higher, though, so they can watch plays develop – typically no lower than the top of the lower bowl.

And if the corners aren’t available, then they’ll sit in the ends. Anywhere but the sides. You’ll almost never find a player or retired player sitting along the sides of an ice rink. Even during practices when they’re sitting out, they’ll typically stand along the glass at an end or a corner.

VladTheLimpWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheLimpWhaler View Post
From an article about the best place to sit in a hockey game:
Thank you for this.

I've sat at or near the glass a few times, and it's fun for the novelty of being that close. But while you get a temporary thrill at the proximity of everything, you simply can't see the game as well. Worth doing once or twice for the human experience, but not the hockey game.

Surprised to hear the corners are best. My personal preference is higher up at center-ice.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Habernack
BookHockey

vCash: 727
what to do, what to do....

This has actually been helpful. Screw it, keeping the tickets. its true, I can sit up top any time. When will I ever get these types of seats again for this price?

7th row on the bench side... might even make it on TV?!

My fav seats are center ice, first row 300, behind the penalty box.

Thanks guys

Habernack is offline   Reply With Quote