HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers vs Blues

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 04:38 AM
Cowboy

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
GDT: Oilers vs Blues

Hopefully the homestand concludes with a perfect 4-0 record at home. You have to like the Oilers chances if they score a goal. 3-0 when they score at least one. MacInnins is likely out for the season, and the Blues will be without at least a couple other of their start D-core, so there is an opportunity to be had, also, has anyone heard of Osgoods injury, he left last game hurt but i haven't heard anything since. So another backup goalie could be in the workd for the Oil.
I'm saying 3-1 Oilers.
Another Solid game by Salo
Laraque, Smyth, Isbister
Tkachuk

Old
10-20-2003, 07:06 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Hell, buddy - we are on a role, and with what could be a VERY vulnerable Blues team I'm calling for a 4 or 5 to 1 win. Hemsky scores (plus an assist. Izzy gets a pair. Moreau scores - and if it's a five goal game then Brewer scores too

Old
10-20-2003, 07:45 AM
Obsessed

Hard to argue when they are averaging 5 GPG at home. Weight and Keith are hot right now and thats not good. But the loss of Macinnis on the PP is going to be huge. I hate watching our Pk'ers dive in front of those blasts. Pronger is healthy and will be a factor as well. I don't like to predict scores. Superstition. Oilers will have a hangover me thinks from to much celebration. We should get our legs in the second and really dominate them. Oilers can beat the Blues... As long as Rudkowsky/Sanford duo isn't between the pipes. LOL. Keep an eye on Sejna he looks like he could be dangerous.

Wins it for the Oil

1) Salo. He has to be solid all season for us to stay competitive. No floaters allowed.

2) Forecheck. We need our legs to expose their defensive weakness with Mac out.

3) PK. Blue are dangerous with the man advantage. Keep the shots to the outside and blanket Tzachuck(sp?)

Wins it for the Blues

1) Nuetral Zone. Stand up the speed of the Oil at the Blue line. Dont allow them to gain access to the zone at full speed.

2) Get the puck on net. Get shots on Salo. He looks good this year but we all know the potential for a stinker. Confidence is the Oilers biggest weapon. Take it away and they might fold. see game 2

3) PP. Its dangerous. Dougy on the wall and Tzk. in front of the net. Demitra and Pronger dont hurt either.

Side note: the Oil have 3 SHG this year already. They led the league with 9 last year. Teams are going to have to be very careful on the point or risk bieng burned.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Side note: the Oil have 3 SHG this year already. They led the league with 9 last year. Teams are going to have to be very careful on the point or risk bieng burned.
they tied for 1st(or lead) in the league with 13 SH goals last season

Old
10-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83

Sorry. I was going off memory. Never a good thing.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Sorry. I was going off memory. Never a good thing.
don't worry I just like acting smart once in a while
actually my memory isn't that great either

Old
10-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Mr Sakich

the blues will be a dangerous team. ANytime you lose a key player, everyone plays "team" hockey for a while. You usually win the first 4-5 games after losing a key guy to injury and the blues are almost unbeatable when they play that stifling defense.

I will be very happy if the oilers win or tie.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Hemsky4PM

I'm calling 2-2 tie. St. Louis ties it with under 2 minutes to go. Weight sets something up on a PP to send it to OT.

Goals: Isbister and Dvorak
Sejna and Demitra

Old
10-20-2003, 08:42 AM
Obsessed

Yup. Just pretending I know something.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
They led the league in shorthanded goals. The second place team had 12 and there was a tie I believe.

10-20-2003, 11:20 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Cowboy[/b]]has anyone heard of Osgoods injury
ST. LOUIS BLUES - Goaltender Chris Osgood (sore hip flexor) and defensemen Alex Khavanov (broken toe) are day-to-day and Christian Laflamme (bruised foot) is sidelined indefinitely. Center Eric Boguniecki (shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until at least late October. Defenseman Bryce Salvador (wrist surgery) is expected to be sidelined until at least mid November. Defenseman Al MacInnis (eye)and right wing Scott Mellanby (fractured ribs) are sidelined indefinitely. (source: http://64.246.64.3/default.aspc=hock...ury/injury.htm)

The Blues are pretty injury ridden right now so the Northwest Division leading Oilers who are concurrently 3rd in the Western Conference need to take advantage of the home ice and a weakened St. Louis roster and grind out the 2 important points.

Named 2nd Star in the Blues' last game tallying three assists, when Doug Weight comes to Skyreach this Tuesday he will be nothing more or less than an Arch rival who needs to be effectively neutralized. Dougie won’t have Eric Boguniecki to set up either. With Al MacInnes (detached retina) and the other ex-Oilier Scott Mellanby (broken ribs) out of their line-up, the Blues are lookig like prime beef ready to be roasted. But perhaps Brent Johson who might be subbing for Chris Osgood and looking to win back the job of starting goalkeep might come up big.

Although representing the City of Brotherly Love, Chris Pronger and Keith Tkachuk can be depended on to be gritty and downright unfriendly. Maybe Big Georges and Terrible Torres need to get into their faces early an often. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis symbolizes that city's contribution towards the opening up of the American west. Edmonton is Canada's gateway to the north. I fully expect there to be an ugly chill to the prevailing winds blowing north-by-north westerly at Skyreach this Tuesday night. Can our northern roughnecks freeze out the 2 and 2 Blues (one lose being in overtime) hockey team who are looking to overtake the Oilers in the Western Conference Standings? What say you?

Old
10-20-2003, 11:25 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
I'm calling 2-2 tie. St. Louis ties it with under 2 minutes to go. Weight sets something up on a PP to send it to OT.

Goals: Isbister and Dvorak
Sejna and Demitra
I'm going with a 3-4 OTL.

Isbister (2), York
Cajanek, Tkachuk, Demitra, Jackman

Then the Oilers will go on to lose in Colorado and beat the Flames and Blue Jackets.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:25 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Although representing the City of Brotherly Love...
I always thought Philadelphia was the City of Brotherly Love

Old
10-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Mr Sakich

I thought San Francisco was the city of brotherly luv ?

Old
10-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

Look for sejna to whip some ass, i talked to him today, and said hes ready to go, he's the next demitra, i watched him numerous times last year, and on the PP watch for cross ice passes infornt of the crease :p thats his spot, lol ill be wearing my yellow tigers jersey so ya hope this game is awsome, and hope my seats are fine!!

Old
10-20-2003, 01:04 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
I thought San Francisco was the city of brotherly luv ?
There ARE lots of boys who love each other - but it's different from the type in Philly.... *cringes*

Old
10-20-2003, 02:38 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
Hopefully the homestand concludes with a perfect 4-0 record at home. You have to like the Oilers chances if they score a goal. 3-0 when they score at least one.
What i am liking early this season is the oilers seem to really emphasize the 2-3 shifts after getting scored on to keep the tempo up and if not get the goal back at least not fall into a rut. I give credit to MacT for putting the right people out

Old
10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Saprykin Fan

Mike got the call up

stuart got the call up, lets hope hes playing

http://www.stlouisblues.com/news/0304/031020_2.html

Old
10-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Weight taking draws against Smytty?!!??!??! You gotta be kiddin' me, it doesn't get any better than that

Weight = :p

Smyth =

This will be a big game for the Oilers big forwards - Pronger, Jackman, and Baron will be more than willing combatants all game long, and the Oilers are still getting off easy 'cause Salvador is a pretty tough cookie as well.

Up front the Blues have Mayers, Low, and Tkachuk going at our d all night, this could be a real grudge match. I wouldn't miss this one for anything!

Weight, Demitra, Smyth, York, Dvo, Hemsky, Tkachuk....YEAH BABY! Let the good times roll!!!!!!!

What happened to that little guy, Daniel Corso? I'm pretty sure I've got the name right.

He was a pretty crafty and quick player and I was looking forward to seeing him play again, but his name isn't even on the nhl players site.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:19 PM
TheBrew

I'm Wishing MacT puts Isbister with Smyth and Hemsky and York with Dvorak and Torres

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky

Torres-York-Dvorak

Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani

Chimera-Horcoff-Larauqe

My lines for tomorrow

Old
10-20-2003, 03:33 PM
degroat*

Corso is with the Sens now... in the minors.

Old
10-20-2003, 03:57 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
someone keep an eye that Low doesn't exact revenge on Hemsky for last years stunt that Ales pulled

Old
10-20-2003, 04:07 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I'm Wishing MacT puts Isbister with Smyth and Hemsky and York with Dvorak and Torres

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky

Torres-York-Dvorak

Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani

Chimera-Horcoff-Larauqe

My lines for tomorrow
It could happen, in the blink of an eye.

Anyone know who's been spending more time together in practice?

As for the game, I just want the boys to K.I.S. Continue living and breathing the system and more opportunities will present themselves. If they keep working it, I'll be .

Old
10-20-2003, 04:13 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
someone keep an eye that Low doesn't exact revenge on Hemsky for last years stunt that Ales pulled
what did he do?

Old
10-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Corso is with the Sens now... in the minors.
Geez, them and Colorado are about the last two teams you'd wanna be on if you're trying for a full-time roster spot. Too bad for him.

Closed Thread