HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers vs Blues

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 05:59 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
what did he do?
well if i could find my old avatar you could see it, he put Reed Low over the boards onto the Blues bench with a huge body check.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Whitenoise

Quote:
what did he do?
After Hemsky sat in the pressbox for awhile bulking up, he drew into a game against St. Loo and deposited Low over the boards. I didn't see the game so I don't know if Low was upset about it or not, but I don't see him exacting revenge now. Maybe he's even a little afraid of The Menace. :p

Old
10-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
what did he do?
made the greatest hit for the oilers in the regular season

Old
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Yep, and he even persued Lowe after the hit!

Old
10-21-2003, 04:18 AM
degroat*

Johnson will be in net for the Blues tonight.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:51 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Corso is with the Sens now... in the minors.
_________

Thanx for the updates, degroat.

btw - nice avatar - my daughter loves it. (she's into tigers)
Sry, but I am unfamiliar with the team. Could you please fill me in?

Old
10-21-2003, 07:10 AM
goldenchild

I've only seen the blues once this year a 2-1 win against the Avs where they skated end to end with Col and got a great game out of Osgood. Hopefully they play the same type of style against us if so could be a great game to watch. With all the injuries they have and coming off a big win I'll say 3-2 Oilers Hemsky, Dvorak, Reasoner. Weighter sets up both for the Blues.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:43 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
HURRAY! WIth him in net I expect a win. If we win this game then we can come out a the three tough games with no worse then a 2-1 record!

Old
10-21-2003, 08:07 AM
OYLer

Botched Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
I always thought Philadelphia was the City of Brotherly Love.
I must have had a brain cramp and I stand corrected. Philly is commonly referred to as the City of Brotherly Love. There arose two candidates in my retro-active research of note.

Okinawa's Ninjutsu, of the School Of Brotherly Love, is a martial art centered in that Japanese city which had led to Okinawa being called the City of Brotherly Love.

The motto, The City of Brotherly Love, came from William Penn, the English Quaker, who envisioned the area as a place where anyone of any color or background could live together in peace and harmony, thus, the motto about brotherly love as adopted by the City of Philadelphia.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:22 AM
knowitall

Is SALO starting tontie vs STL????

Need confirmation for SALO starting tonite vs Blues....thanks

Old
10-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Vyse64
N64

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall
Need confirmation for SALO starting tonite vs Blues....thanks
right now its still up in the air pretty much, I would say Conklin gets the start tonight since Mact (or Lowe) said Conklin would get a start against St Louis or Colorado this week

prediction: 4-2 Oilers
Conklin makes 32 saves and keep emdonton into the game while Dvorak scores the winner in the 3rd period
Reasoner 1st star with a goal and an assist
Dvorak 2nd star for the winner and a good game
Pronger 3rd star just for the hell of it

Old
10-21-2003, 09:20 AM
goldenchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
right now its still up in the air pretty much, I would say Conklin gets the start tonight since Mact (or Lowe) said Conklin would get a start against St Louis or Colorado this week
you know what I think since we already got at least a split with Col that MacT might play Salo tonight hopefully get the win and then throw Conklin in against the Avs and hope he comes up big.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Vyse64
N64

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
you know what I think since we already got at least a split with Col that MacT might play Salo tonight hopefully get the win and then throw Conklin in against the Avs and hope he comes up big.
I just think since its a divison team Salo would get the nod over Conklin and Salo did pretty good against the avs on Saturday, with a good team effort, it would also build Salo's confidence even more

Old
10-21-2003, 10:01 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
btw - nice avatar - my daughter loves it. (she's into tigers)
Sry, but I am unfamiliar with the team. Could you please fill me in?
Thanks... it's Mizzou... a.k.a. University of Missouri.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:22 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
made the greatest hit for the oilers in the regular season
there i finally went back to my old avatar, hemsky sendin low to the box

Old
10-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I must have had a brain cramp and I stand corrected. Philly is commonly referred to as the City of Brotherly Love. There arose two candidates in my retro-active research of note.

Okinawa's Ninjutsu, of the School Of Brotherly Love, is a martial art centered in that Japanese city which had led to Okinawa being called the City of Brotherly Love.

The motto, The City of Brotherly Love, came from William Penn, the English Quaker, who envisioned the area as a place where anyone of any color or background could live together in peace and harmony, thus, the motto about brotherly love as adopted by the City of Philadelphia.
I stand in awe of your gargantuan knowledge

Old
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
D-Pairs for tonight

Brewer-Cross
Smith-Staios
Bergeron-Ferguson

Semenov sits again. I'd like to see him instead of Cross....like 99.99% of the population...0.01% left being the coaching staff...

Old
10-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Digger12

Quote:

Cliff Clavin lives!

Old
10-21-2003, 12:30 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Cliff Clavin lives!
Skewered again by another good one!

Hey, although I resemble that Cliff Clavin remark in some passing posts I look more like George Wendt (Norm Peterson) than John Ratzenberger.

With a day off from the salt mines, I caught Hazel Mays' Staios video segment on Sportsnet West. I think she is getting better as a video jockette. Staios came across great, be a pity if we loose him because of the small market reality isn't effectively addressed in the new CBA. With hockey's doomsday looming (Sept. 15th 2004) and with a work stoppage likely it will mean Comrie might not play in the NHL for 2 full year or more. That kind of a layoff can't be good for any young hockey talent. I think Mike should suck-it-up, sign, prove me and all his other detractors wrong and help win the Oilers a sixth Stanley Cup.

But tonight the focus has to be on team grit, composure, and toughness in all zones on the ice. Action penalties are better than reaction penalties and although the former in not good the latter must be elminated completely for the Oilers to be successful against the Blues. As demonstrated in their 'life in the fast lane' win against the Avs, the CopperTop energizers need to keep their legs moving and keep their sticks on the ice not pawing at the opposition which serves only to give the refs and excuse to call hooking, slashing, and obstruction holding.

The calling of these penalties should in the long run benefit the fast skating E-Towner on the glass-like live ice at Skyreach. But if any of our skilled young guys are targeted by the gooney likes of Pronger and/or Tkachuk, BG should be sent out and take an instigator penalty if necessary, hammmmmmer the ***** out of the offender mercilessly, just to make the point, and suffer the game suspension. Such a stupid rule that instigator penalty is. If Isbister is having another off game, maybe he can fill that role if Georges is going to, and helping to fill the Blues' net.

Old
10-21-2003, 12:43 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Such a stupid rule that instigator penalty is.
Agree 100%. There would be a lot less 'cheap shots' if guys thought they might get thumped upon.

Over time, I have learned that I should end the rant right there.

note to self - breathe in... breathe out... repeat

Old
10-21-2003, 01:06 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
note to self - breathe in... breathe out... repeat
I sometimes frequent Offthepost.net Hockey Forums but it is predominately a Canucks' forum, not very many Oilers' fans there. But one poster, Sk8er, an astute Canucks' fanatic who can take as well as he gives has a signature line that always makes be laugh:

"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."

Old
10-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
D-Pairs for tonight

Brewer-Cross
Smith-Staios
Bergeron-Ferguson

Semenov sits again. I'd like to see him instead of Cross....like 99.99% of the population...0.01% left being the coaching staff...
And there's Semi folks, blink and you'll miss him!

Boy, he was on our TV screens about as long as a 'red shirt' on a Star Trek away team.

Old
10-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Hemmer

Even without Semenov, there are still 7 guys in the lineup that have yet to play a full season with the Oil: Cross, Pisani, Bergeron, Isbister, Dvorak, Torres and Conklin. Hemsky hasn't played 82 yet either. That is a lot of inexperience. Dvorak, Pisani, Bergeron, Torres and Cross have adapted...Conks has been solid so far. The jury is still out on Isbister - but I do believe he is being watched closely.

I think MacT is sending a message to veteran players like Pisani, Isbister and Ferguson: You will be relied upon heavily this year - produce and play well at both ends, or watch over your shoulder. (except for Ferguson, he's exempt from the offensive zone at all times).

The message to the rookies is: Earn your ice time. Beat out a veteran.

Semenov is battling Ferguson, not Bergeron. I think in a perfect world, MacT would have Brewer and Staios as one PP pairing, and Semi and Bergy as the other. Ferguson should be Guy's best friend by now. Unfortunately, Semi isn't as "reliable" as Ferguson at this point (neither is Bergeron really, but he hasn't been tenative this season AT ALL. He knew what was on the line, and went out and earned it.) I still question Bergeron's mobility, and he is just too small to contain big forwards, but he battles hard and passes with authority on the breakout and on the PP. I like his game, he's a bulldog. He deserves to play right now.

Right now, Semenov is asleep. The jolly Russian giant must wake up, and in a bad ****** mood.

Old
10-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I'm Wishing MacT puts Isbister with Smyth and Hemsky and York with Dvorak and Torres

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky

Torres-York-Dvorak

Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani

Chimera-Horcoff-Larauqe

My lines for tomorrow
Isbister tweaked his back and may not play. He'll be a game-time decision. They're going to dress Stoll for warm-up just in case Izzy isn't able to go. My guess is he'll be okay to play...

Old
10-21-2003, 02:46 PM
gpearson1968

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
I think MacT is sending a message to veteran players like Pisani and Ferguson.

This might be the saddest, truest quote I've seen so far this year.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Closed Thread