HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LaBarbera's situation

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
LaBarbera's situation

I found this over on the main board: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=211914

From Larry Brooks (I know, I know):
Quote:
From Page Six: Which team that never wins a thing recently assigned a player across the continent to the AHL for conditioning just as his wife was scheduled to begin serious medical treatments?
That cryptic sentence is all that he says, but I think that it's pretty clear that he's referring to the Kings and LaBarbera. That rumor that we heard about Jason returning home in November because he inherited money sounded very fishy from the start. Serious medical treatment makes a lot more sense. That would explain the hush and the fact that Jason hasn't been even close to the same since that incident. Also, I've thankfully never had to undergo surgery, but I do know that most surgeries are scheduled 2-3 months in advance... and if Jason and his wife scheduled one in early November, right about now is when you'd expect it to occur. So, it all fits (unfortunately).

Assuming Brooks is right, my prayers go out to Jason's family that the surgery is successful and without complications.

EDIT: CBGB, I know you linked the same article in another thread, but I thought it appropriate to keep LaBarbera concern in a thread separate from Palffy trade discussions.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-15-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old
01-15-2006, 10:14 AM
King Blazer

It's his girlfriend, the prognosis is good, Labarbera would have been east this weekend either way...

Old
01-15-2006, 12:26 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
It's his girlfriend, the prognosis is good, Labarbera would have been east this weekend either way...
Not to mention the player and the team have to mutually agree on the conditioning assignment.

Glad to hear the prognosis is good at least. Nice inside scoop, KB!

And some fine detective work c/o Sir Arthur Conan Osprey.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Kick

Looks like Jason will be headed back to LA tomorrow.

From one of the AHL Boards:
Quote:
Angie (St. Patrick) and I drove up to Albany last night to see Jason. Of course with our luck he didn't play. After the game we were able to get downstairs to see him. Angie had a couple of Metallica CDs she made for him, and wanted to give them to him. He came out and was happy to see we made the trip. I asked him to sign a couple of pucks a Portland Winterhawks and Manchester Monarchs puck. He got a chuckle out of signing the Manchester puck.

He asked how things were in Hartford, and was glad to hear the team is doing well. He also told us that he is playing today at Manchester and then leaving monday to rejoin the Kings. He said he was gald that he didn't have to come to Hartford on Wednesday. He didn't want to come back and have to play against the Wolf Pack. He said it would be a little weird for him. I told him that if he did come to Hartford, most fans would probably root for him.

We got talking about fantasy hockey leagues, and I told him that he was on my team. He asked if I got rid of him when he was sent down. I told him no and planned on sticking with him. He thought that was cool and thanked me for supporting him.

It was great to see him again. He looked happy, and ready to get back to the Kings. He is a true team player, you can see he wants to play, but will take whatever assignment the Kings give him.

As we all know, a great player and even better person.
Good luck, Jason!!!

Old
01-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Ahh, well that clarifies Jason's situation a bit more.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:07 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25's interior monologue
Which hack beat writer who's never predicted a trade in his life has dropped the ball yet again?

Closed Thread