HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Recchi

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
budscweizer16

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
Mark Recchi

I heard that theres a possibility Recchi would be interested in again being a Flyer. However it would be contingent on Primeau returning this season(cap). I was wondering What everyone thinks it would take to land him and would the player(s) sent the other way + Prims gone even be worth it.

i think they would want Umberger, however i would not give him up b/c i think they could land Recchi for less. perhaps Seids and eager or a couple picks maybe a 2 and a 4. what do u think and is this rumor true?

Old
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
goodrev

no way that recchi at 37 years old will fetch umberger, especially with how he has played this year. I think Eager and Seids would be a better package, though i think that Eager would be a tough loss because i like him and i think he brings a spark to the team. in my honest opinion i wouldnt give up more than Seidenberg and a pick for him being pitt is looking for D men and looking to shed fowards

Old
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
id rather just lose picks since we have so many. maybe we send seidenberg but thats about it besides the usual players every wants to get rid of(brash therien....) i wouldnt want to lose any players for him

Old
01-10-2006, 07:45 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
yea i wouldnt want to give up eager either i also like him

Old
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Why would we do anything to help out the Pens? They made some of the worst signings after the lockout and have nothing to show for it. I'm sure Bobby is perfectly content watching a divisional rival slip in their ****, that is unless they want to seriously overpay for one of our players.

Old
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
jb**

Recchi is not what this team needs. Will he help, probably but he is not the difference between the Flyers getting or not getting to the Cup. Try to get a better scorer. If you can't then all I would give up is a 4th rd pick. I believe he is under contract next year for over 2mm but it may be a team option. If he is guarenteed the 2mm then I want no parts of him. I do not even entertain the thought of trading any prospects. Eager is the type of player they lack and wouldn't give him up in that deal. There are better deal out there to be had. Plus he hasn't exactly doen to much in the playoffs lately for us anyway. As for acquiring another D man Carney/salie would be nice, Clarke has a relationship with Burke and that can't be discounted.

Old
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
porrylogspop

to be honest gentleman, as a pens fan i do not want eager or seidenberg, or any other of your dman. personally i want either carter, richards or umberger for recchi. but when it comes down to it, the decisions comes down to is (1) how much bobbi clark wants recchi and what he is offering is more then another team is offering for recchi. and recchi does not have an ntc. plus he has both a team and a palyer option for next year. if theteam excersisesd its option its for 2.25 mill, if recchi uses his option its 1 million after rollbacks. and (2) iswhat clarkie offering worth for patrick to give up recchi.

tony

Old
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by porrylogspop
to be honest gentleman, as a pens fan i do not want eager or seidenberg, or any other of your dman. personally i want either carter, richards or umberger for recchi. but when it comes down to it, the decisions comes down to is (1) how much bobbi clark wants recchi and what he is offering is more then another team is offering for recchi. and recchi does not have an ntc. plus he has both a team and a palyer option for next year. if theteam excersisesd its option its for 2.25 mill, if recchi uses his option its 1 million after rollbacks. and (2) iswhat clarkie offering worth for patrick to give up recchi.

tony

So Bobby Clarke gives up one of our promising forwards for a veteran who has one foot out the door. Mike Millbury wouldn't even do that trade.

Old
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
jb**

Quote:

tony
Doesn't matter what you want as you have a better chance of seeing God than getting 1 of those 3 for Recchi or anyone else on the Pens outside of Crosby or Fleury(which would never happen). I can see how you wouldn't want any Flyers Dman seeing how good the Pesn defense is these days. Why would the Pens want Eager as well, he doesn't fit into the Pens soft style of play. My offer is this you get nothing and can keep Recchi or trade him to whoever is dumb enough to overpay for him.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:25 PM
SheroWorship

Recchi would be nice - but not for the trade you showed. Seidenberg and a 3rd round pick is about max. At 37 I would have loved for him to finish his playing days here.

I miss Recchi.

But I miss Justin Williams more.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Broad st phantom

another scorer would be nice. but we honestly need a better defenseman to get therian's a$$ out of the mix, wich could help on the PK

Old
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
i am dave

Recchi = not a defenseman.

Ergo, the Flyers have higher priorities.

Old
01-10-2006, 11:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:

I do hope your kidding.

tony
Carter,Richards or Umberger for a 37 year old forward? jesus. that is just plain high comedy.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

At the deadline for a draft pick maby.

I'll always have a soft spot for Rex. Won't happen though.

Last edited by Toonces: 01-11-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 AM
mercury

That is absolutely ********. Carter, Richards, or Umberger for Recchi? How does that make sense even to a Pens fan?

Old
01-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
As a Pens fan, I have no idea.

The Pens need defenders, the Flyers need defenders, therefore we're bad trading partners.

I doubt the Flyers would trade Umberger and the Pens shouldn't trade Rex just for the sake of trading him. He's been the only veteran who has been actually good this year.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
01-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Jester

Quote:

tony
you're funny.

2nd round pick...

Old
01-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Brad*

Quote:
to be honest gentleman, as a pens fan i do not want eager or seidenberg, or any other of your dman. personally i want either carter, richards or umberger for recchi.
Yeah, and I'd like to trade my car for a Porsche stuffed with a million dollars.

It's called a pipe dream.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
greatwhite101*

Quote:

tony
At least you are honest.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:

tony
Tony,

Thank you thank you thank you. I was having a really rough morning and needed a good laugh!

(BTW, spell-check is an amazing tool)

Old
01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:

tony
Clueless drunkard...
It's not like we need Recchi back, more like the Pens would be worshipping the ground Clarkie walked on if they could squeeze a 4th rounder out of Philly to take his salary off their hands.
I'd like to see Bobby land a solid #4-6 blueliner to knock Therien out of the starting 6.

Old
01-11-2006, 06:45 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Clueless drunkard...
It's not like we need Recchi back, more like the Pens would be worshipping the ground Clarkie walked on if they could squeeze a 4th rounder out of Philly to take his salary off their hands.
I'd like to see Bobby land a solid #4-6 blueliner to knock Therien out of the starting 6.
I want a 3rd pairing d-man, too. Knock Therien down to 7th or 8th on the depth chart after Pitkanen and maybe Desjardins get back.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
mikedifr

As long as we are not giving up a roster player I would love to have Recchi back as a 2nd line RW. He would actually be the perfect complement to Carter, Carter likes to shoot and Recchi is a playmaker and great passer. Handzus can move into Primeaus role if we have Recchi's scoring on he 2nd line. Dont forget he is playing on a crappy team, his numbers might look better here.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheroWorship
But I miss Justin Williams more.
he is having a helluva year too.

Old
01-12-2006, 08:47 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
As long as we are not giving up a roster player I would love to have Recchi back as a 2nd line RW. He would actually be the perfect complement to Carter, Carter likes to shoot and Recchi is a playmaker and great passer. Handzus can move into Primeaus role if we have Recchi's scoring on he 2nd line. Dont forget he is playing on a crappy team, his numbers might look better here.
He may be playing on a bad team, but he is also playing on a line with Crosby and Palffy, so it's not as if he is playing with players with no talent.

Closed Thread