Notices

rank your top 10 wild prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Chrisd

vCash: 500
rank your top 10 wild prospects

don't include Burns, koivu, or even foster...no big leaguers.

1. Josh Harding- I think he's gonna be a franchise goalie. Lights out wherever he plays.

2. Roman Voloshenko- 19 years old and tearing up the AHL. Speed isn't an issue no longer with him. He's a sniper, and that is what we need so badly.

3. Patrick O'sullivan- Leads ahl rookies in scoring now with 40 points or so. He is instant offense, will be interesting to see how he and lemaire click. Should get a late call up possibly.

4. Benoit Pouliot- A little underwhelming so far in this season, in Sudbury and the Canada WJC, but he's a fine prospect, has the speed, shot and playmaking skills. Has top two line ability. Could be on the wild as early as next year.

5. Danny Irmen- This kid is a total beast. He brings it night in and out, and is a gritty sob, he will draw lots of penalties. You can play him in any situation, and he thrives. He will be one of those guys you're thankful you have in a long playoff series. He's my fav wild prospect, he's a pure joy to watch.

6. A.J. Thelen- He's playing about 28 minutes per game right now in PA, of the WHL. He's doing pretty well, even on a bad team. Articles have suggested he's turned his stuff around, and has a new positive outlook. He will be in the AHL next year.

7. Clayton Stoner- He has done very well in adapting to the AHL, Very solid D-man who can put up a few points here and there. Has good size, not the greatest fighter in the world. Could be like a 3rd or 4th type D man.

8. Julien Sprunger- 6"5 or so, and growing into his frame! He had a very impressive showing at WJC and is doing well in a mens league in Europe. This kid could be a gem, in the making. Could move up the list next year forsure.

9.Matt Foy- Foysie is doing solid down in Houston. Lemaire said he had legs of gold or something like that. He has good size/speed. I think if he can put his game together, he can be one of those guys who can chip in 15-20 goals a year.

10. Kyle Wilson- *my wild card pick*. Having a good year in the NCAA this year, drawn praise from opposing coaches and scouting circles. We will see if he is anything more then a 4th line grinder type or possibly something more. Should get a shot in the AHL soon.

Old
01-15-2006, 05:46 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
don't include Burns, koivu, or even foster...no big leaguers.

1. Josh Harding- I think he's gonna be a franchise goalie. Lights out wherever he plays.

2. Roman Voloshenko- 19 years old and tearing up the AHL. Speed isn't an issue no longer with him. He's a sniper, and that is what we need so badly.

3. Patrick O'sullivan- Leads ahl rookies in scoring now with 40 points or so. He is instant offense, will be interesting to see how he and lemaire click. Should get a late call up possibly.

4. Benoit Pouliot- A little underwhelming so far in this season, in Sudbury and the Canada WJC, but he's a fine prospect, has the speed, shot and playmaking skills. Has top two line ability. Could be on the wild as early as next year.

5. Danny Irmen- This kid is a total beast. He brings it night in and out, and is a gritty sob, he will draw lots of penalties. You can play him in any situation, and he thrives. He will be one of those guys you're thankful you have in a long playoff series. He's my fav wild prospect, he's a pure joy to watch.

6. A.J. Thelen- He's playing about 28 minutes per game right now in PA, of the WHL. He's doing pretty well, even on a bad team. Articles have suggested he's turned his stuff around, and has a new positive outlook. He will be in the AHL next year.

7. Clayton Stoner- He has done very well in adapting to the AHL, Very solid D-man who can put up a few points here and there. Has good size, not the greatest fighter in the world. Could be like a 3rd or 4th type D man.

8. Julien Sprunger- 6"5 or so, and growing into his frame! He had a very impressive showing at WJC and is doing well in a mens league in Europe. This kid could be a gem, in the making. Could move up the list next year forsure.

9.Matt Foy- Foysie is doing solid down in Houston. Lemaire said he had legs of gold or something like that. He has good size/speed. I think if he can put his game together, he can be one of those guys who can chip in 15-20 goals a year.

10. Kyle Wilson- *my wild card pick*. Having a good year in the NCAA this year, drawn praise from opposing coaches and scouting circles. We will see if he is anything more then a 4th line grinder type or possibly something more. Should get a shot in the AHL soon.

good list

Old
01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

1/ Josh Harding
2/ Patrick O'Sullivan
3/ Roman Voloshenko
4/ Benoit Pouliot
5/ Clayton Stoner
6/ AJ Thelen
7/ Danny Irmen
8/ Julien Sprunger
9/ Ryan Stokes
10/ Matt Foy

Old
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Wild Bill

Whatever list I would make would have O'Sullivan #1 and Harding #2...the rest, I flip flop on, depending on recent play.

Good list though Chrisd

Old
01-15-2006, 11:36 PM
WILDTATE10

1. Benoit Pouliot- despite his offyear so far, i still believe he will be an unbelievable player. 8.5
2. Patrick O'Sullivan-leads AHL in points for rookieis. 8.5
3. Josh Harding- best goalie not in the AHL. 8.5
4. Roman Voloshenko- sniper, skating not a weeknes anymore. Also he would lead rookies in scoring if he wouldnt have gone to the WJC. 8.0
5. AJ Thelen- doing pretty good on a terrable team. 8.0
6. Danny Irmen- my favorite prospect also. 7.5
7. Stoner- 7.5
8. Sprunger- 7
9. Foy- 7
10. Stokes- 6.5

A bit optimistic but o well.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Chrisd

Most likely the wild will get a player like nicklas backstrom, bryan little, james sheppard in the draft..

They soon will be adding patty O, volo, pouliot, irmen and maybe some FA's into the mix....

throw in a top 10 draft pick in 06.....

to go with guys like gabby, pmb, rolston, mikko....if this team is still boring to watch in 3 years....then nothing will make them exciting.

Old
01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10
1. Benoit Pouliot- despite his offyear so far, i still believe he will be an unbelievable player. 8.5
2. Patrick O'Sullivan-leads AHL in points for rookieis. 8.5
3. Josh Harding- best goalie not in the AHL. 8.5
4. Roman Voloshenko- sniper, skating not a weeknes anymore. Also he would lead rookies in scoring if he wouldnt have gone to the WJC. 8.0
5. AJ Thelen- doing pretty good on a terrable team. 8.0
6. Danny Irmen- my favorite prospect also. 7.5
7. Stoner- 7.5
8. Sprunger- 7
9. Foy- 7
10. Stokes- 6.5

A bit optimistic but o well.
Thelen is doing pretty good?

He's suposed to be an offensive force and he's not even the best point producer on the blueline in PA. He should be way ahead of May to be doing good, not one point behind. He's also got the second worst +/- rating of the team with -21.

Old
01-16-2006, 04:17 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Ummm, do you know anything about Prince Albert?

The -21 is really, really bad to look at. He's eating up to 28 minutes a game. You're bound to get lower +/- when you play that much.

Thelen WAS slated as a two-way defenseman, sure...but at least he's working on his defensive abilities.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:29 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Ummm, do you know anything about Prince Albert?

The -21 is really, really bad to look at. He's eating up to 28 minutes a game. You're bound to get lower +/- when you play that much.

Thelen WAS slated as a two-way defenseman, sure...but at least he's working on his defensive abilities.
I don't know much about PA... I know that they aren't scoring much and that the team's best player is Chip. (I'm a Habs fan)

Thing is, when I look at Thelen's stats, I'm disapointed and wouldn't say he's doing pretty good. He might be working on his defensive game but it's showing (numbers) that it's still not top notch. He might be doing fine - if you consider everything (team, ice time, etc...), but he's not doing pretty good. Chip also plays a whole lot and is a positive... same team most probably same ice time.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Chrisd

dont worry habs fans talk down your teams prospects and hype there own.

Habs had komisarek as the next orr, and kastitsyn the next kovalchuk...

and hainsey wont go there..

habs fans

Old
01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
KILLger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
dont worry habs fans talk down your teams prospects and hype there own.

Habs had komisarek as the next orr, and kastitsyn the next kovalchuk...

and hainsey wont go there..

habs fans
Where do you see me hyping Chip? Or any other habs prospect for the matter?

For the record, some fans had Komisarek as the next Scott Stevens, Kostitsyn as a similar player to Marian Hossa (style-wise). It might be overating them, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Anyway, they've made good progress in their game IMO. They've had it the hard way thus far (injuries, mother passed away, epilepsy...)

As for my "hyping" of Chipchura... well, he IS a positive on the same team as Thelen is... I'm not saying he's god or that Thelen is an awful prospect. I'm just saying that I thought Thelen would do better than he has... I'd be disapointed if he was a Habs prospect. (like I was with Latendresse's no show at the WJC)

Old
01-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Wild Bill

Thelen has been somewhat of a disappointment to me. MSU ended up in a bad way and this year has been average. That said, he is very young and talented and a defenseman. He's gonna need a lot of slack. It's probably gonna be a long time before he's ready and I think the Wild are willing to wait.

Can't help but think if he was from North Dakota, would we maybe be looking at Andrei Meszaros on our blueline? Yikes!

Old
01-17-2006, 11:22 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
1/ Josh Harding
2/ Patrick O'Sullivan
3/ Roman Voloshenko
4/ Benoit Pouliot
5/ Clayton Stoner
6/ AJ Thelen
7/ Danny Irmen
8/ Julien Sprunger
9/ Ryan Stokes
10/ Matt Foy
ryan stokes?

Old
01-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Chrisd

AJ Thelen had 3 assists last night, his team only scored 3 goals, and they were all 1st assists.

He logged near 30 minutes ice time in the game.

He's really coming around in the past month or so, and finding his way in the WHL.

I still think we have the makings of a solid D here in a couple years.

Burns- natural D man...forget this forward nonsense
Foster- unreal pick up, great on PP
Thelen- Could be a top pairing type D man.
Stoner- looks to be a solid 4 type of guy.

Maybe draft a pure puck mover like Bobby sanguinetti or trade for a guy like leopold, who knows.

We got some options. Nice to see AJ thriving though!

Old
01-19-2006, 02:02 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
ryan stokes?
He's progressing nicely down in Houston. He was a FA pickup, similar to Dupuis and Michalek.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
He's progressing nicely down in Houston. He was a FA pickup, similar to Dupuis and Michalek.

that I know, and he put up decent stats last year at pensacola...

what type of d do you project him to be?

Old
01-19-2006, 11:47 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet E. Sax
Thelen has been somewhat of a disappointment to me. MSU ended up in a bad way and this year has been average. That said, he is very young and talented and a defenseman. He's gonna need a lot of slack. It's probably gonna be a long time before he's ready and I think the Wild are willing to wait.

Can't help but think if he was from North Dakota, would we maybe be looking at Andrei Meszaros on our blueline? Yikes!

I like to think that his freshman year at MSU was a teaser at the potential he has...but the past few years are where he matures as a person...by all accounts he is now the man on PA's blueline. I think he'll be in PA one more year- I've heard that if Thelen was in Medicine Hat or Calgary he'd be lauded as one of the top d in the W...

Closed Thread