HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The quote of the day- Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Habstract0

vCash: 500
The quote of the day- Ribeiro

From La Presse, paper version

"C'est sûr qu'il faut écouter un peu plus quand c'est le directeur général qui est derrière le banc. Si tu ne suis pas les ordres du plan de match, il n'aura pas peur de te mettre dans les estrades".

"Of course you have to listen a bit more when it's the GM behind the bench. If you don't follow the game plan, he won't be afraid to send you to the press box".

Listen a bit more hein Mike? How about completely with whoever is behind the bench!

Last edited by Habstract0: 01-15-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old
01-15-2006, 10:21 AM
HABit

That's a stupid thing to say, Julien had no problems sending him to the pressbox. That quote just makes Ribeiro seem like he didn't give a crap when Julien was around.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Imature response, but hey, hes young. Maybe he didn't mean it in the sense that were thinking.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:27 AM
felixd

I'm not a really big Ribeiro supporter, but he's right here. You listen more when you know that every single word your superior says has weight. In La Presse today they had an interesting line, something like if the players find out that the coach and the GM are on a different page, they kind of tune out of the coach, because they know the GM has more power than him anyway. Exact quote: "Le coach est censé être le capitaine du navire. S'ils sentent que l'amiral tire les ficelles en coulisse, ils risquent d'en profiter" Translation: The coach is the captain of the ship. If the players sense that the admiral is pulling the strings behind the scenes, they might try to take advantage of it. Pretty much meaning that what the coach says almost doesn't bear any meaning if the GM and him aren't seeing eye-to-eye. Well in this case, the coach IS the GM, so you can bet every word Gainey says will be taken very serioulsy by the players.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

When you hear this comment from a 16yo, you say he's immature. When you hear it from a 25yo, you say he's downright moronic. But what else is new. I don't even give him the benefit of doubt anymore. I heard him one time too many make a butt out of himself with his statements. I see him as nothing more than a loser with an attitude.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:31 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
When you hear this comment from a 16yo, you say he's immature. When you hear it from a 25yo, you say he's downright moronic. But what else is new. I don't even give him the benefit of doubt anymore. I heard him one time too many make a butt out of himself with his statements. I see him as nothing more than a loser with an attitude.
My thoughts exactly!

Old
01-15-2006, 10:32 AM
QMan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstract

"C'est sûr qu'il faut écouter un peu plus quand c'est le directeur général qui est derrière le banc. Si tu ne suis pas les ordres du plan de match, il n'aura pas peur de te mettre dans les estrades".

"Of course you have to listen a bit more when it's the GM behind the bench. If you don't follow the game plan, he won't be afraid to send you to the press box".

Listen a bit more hein Mike? How about completely with whoever is behind the bench!
What a character guy. The kind you really want on your team. A true team player (but onyl when the GM is watching!).

No wonder BG can't trade him - Who'd want a pill like that?

Old
01-15-2006, 10:37 AM
MXD

Reading things like this makes me remember why I randomly do some "Yo Bashing"

Old
01-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Live Forever

You guys are too critical on him. Ribiero just said it like it is. The players that were cheating before by slacking off in practice, slacking off during the game can't afford to do that anymore. Call him immature all you want, but I find what he said was true. When there is a bigger authority watching you closing in all aspects of the game at ice-level, trust me buddy, you feel the pressure. You know you have to perform. Remember the comments that the players in Pheonix at the beginning of the season when Gretzky was taking over as gm? Similar situation. I don't know about you guys, but when i'm working with my assistant manager I barely move a finger, but when my big boss is there my productivity increases by 300%. Players were getting away with little stupidities when they were playing under Julien, that's why nobody cared anymore and everyone was doing their own thing.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Montreal4Life

Come on guys, give him a break.... u guys r bashing him just out of spite... Yeah, I dont' like him either, but I'm sure the journalist asked him that question so he could give that response. Alot of players would give that same response. If he works harder now, good

On top of that, how do u respond to the whole team playing better yesterday? Seems like it wasn't only Ribeiro who played a better game.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Medicine Twin

Although it's hard to give Ribeiro the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he was talking about the team as a whole not just himself. Saying that the team is more likely to listen to what the GM has to say... which is true.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
babyhabs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstract

Not only he is GM, Bob, but he was one of the best players that the Canadiens ever had! wouldn't you want to listen to him, he's got more knowledge than any other coach or GM ever had. look at his past and its all proven there!!

go Habs go!!

Old
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Anthony P

Like him or hate him, what he's saying is true.... the players gave up on the coach and they can't do that with Gainey behind the bench because they'll get shipped off to Pittsburgh or worse, St Louis if they do.....

Old
01-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Gota love the fans of montreal. Once again a player is bashed for telling it like it is.

If I wasn't laughing so hard at this i'd be crying I think.

Old
01-15-2006, 01:05 PM
hockey_nut

seems to me that aside from playing with the rookies heads, some of the "vets" were starting to tune Julien out.

with Gainey back there, and his rep to boot, things should turn around... and with Carbo learning the eastern conference in prep. for next season, the players should be listening quite a bit to him, as well...

Old
01-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
I agree completely. It's obvious that he's never going to grow up. The sooner we can get rid of him the team will be much better off. Thank God he's only playing on the 4th line. At least on this line the much stronger defensive players should help to improve his +/- record, which could in turn help in getting him traded. Right now nobody wants him (and can you blame them) so we're stuck with him.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:49 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Although it's hard to give Ribeiro the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he was talking about the team as a whole not just himself. Saying that the team is more likely to listen to what the GM has to say... which is true.
That's how I see it also.

Old
01-15-2006, 03:06 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Ribeiro isn't really a smart guy. He isn't really a good hockey player too.

Old
01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:

+++ Ribs should be given a gag order. Wait, statements like that will get him his ticket out of town that much sooner. Keep it up Mike!

Old
01-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

My policy is to NEVER bash an Hab while he's wearing the uniform. To my knowledge, Ribeiro is the only player I've ever bashed while in uniform. That should tell you something.

He's always been that way, I know first hand.

Old
01-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY
+++ Ribs should be given a gag order. Wait, statements like that will get him his ticket out of town that much sooner. Keep it up Mike!

Old
01-15-2006, 05:19 PM
8b

Just compare the two faces:

Julien's face look like friendly, a face you want to hug!

Gainey's face look rough and unsmily. The kind of face you don't look too long...

Old
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
I say him on RDS. He had his usual smirk like he was kidding around but after he said it I think he must have remembered there's cameras and he said "euh, well the important thing is the 20 guys came out and blah blah."
Kinda immature but he was right, there hasn't been 20 guys working that hard in a long time.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:10 PM
marvelousmotion

What's wrong with that comment ? He's just saying the truth, how is that being immature ? It's an absolutely normal response giving the circumstances. Some are hating just because Ribeiro said it. If the exact same thing was said by another player, I'm 95% sure you guys would have perceived it in another way.

No offense but seriously guys, you guys need to grow up too. Stop always making something out of nothing.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1
What's wrong with that comment ? He's just saying the truth, how is that being immature ? It's an absolutely normal response giving the circumstances. Some are hating just because Ribeiro said it. If the exact same thing was said by another player, I'm 95% sure you guys would have perceived it in another way.

No offense but seriously guys, you guys need to grow up too. Stop always making something out of nothing.

Closed Thread