HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Top Pure Goal Scorer Is...

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
RoyIsALegend*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
i can too!
Negative.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Negative.
give me a puck and i bet you i can hit the net from anywhere in the zone

Old
10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
give me a puck and i bet you i can hit the net from anywhere in the zone
You can't even use proper grammar...

Old
10-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Uh oh. When all else fails... use the 'bad grammar' argument.

Nice to see my thread get some response though.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:41 AM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
you want a cookie for that mr. credibility?

Old
10-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
you want a cookie for that mr. credibility?
I'd say as long as it was a gramma cookie, he would. :p

Old
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I'd say as long as it was a gramma cookie, he would. :p
i can't believe you spelt grammer wrong

:p

Old
10-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
i can't believe you spelt grammer wrong

:p
No I didn't, you did. It's spelled grammar. I was just being silly with my gramma thing. It was supposed to sound like grandma. You know, it's not very funny if you have to explain it.

edit: typo

Old
10-20-2003, 10:49 AM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
No I didn't, you did. it's spelled grammar. I was just being silly with my gramma thing. It was supposed to sound like grandma. You know, it's not very funny if you have to explain it.
now i am just confused. its impossible to win a spelling bee and a grammar contest in english against a dutch man and an american.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:55 AM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Nobody has scored more goals in the NHL in the last 3 years than Markus Naslund.
Kovalchuk hasn't been in the NHL for the past 3 years.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Quick question for folks here...

I'd like you to simply list how many goals you think Markus Naslund, Ilya Kovalchuk and Mario Lemieux would score a season if they played on Peter Forsberg's wing.

For Milan Hejduk, it's 50. Some clowns think he's a 30 goal scorer, yet the guy has possibly the best set of pure sniping hands in the league. He can hit the net from anywhere in the zone, and scores goals at ridiculous angles. Yes, Forsberg's passing allows him to make all of those shots, but we are talking about the best goal scoring ability, aren't we?

Hejduk puts the puck in the net whenever it comes on his stick.

Isn't that the definition of the best goal scorer?
If Kovalchuk played with Forsberg....wow. I'd have to go with 60-65 goals, easy. Lemieux, I don't know. Depends on who sets up who since Lemieux is just as good set up man, probably better, then goal scorer. And he is leagues above everyone else in those areas.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Naslund #1? I don't think so..... He's definitely good, at least top 10, most likely top 5. But not #1. I agree with everyone that said Kovalchuk. In the times I've seen him, he's shown a scoring touch I haven't seen in anyone else currently in the league (except Lemieux, but he's in a league of his own). Put Kovalchuk on a line with a superstar center, such as Forsberg, and he'd easily break 50, probably even 60 goals. Well, that's how it seems, but it's all speculation, as he hasn't proven it yet cause he doesn't have a real center. Maybe Atlanta should go after Oates.... One of the best passers in league history setting up the current best goal scorer in the NHL. That would be amazing to watch.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Quick question for folks here...

I'd like you to simply list how many goals you think Markus Naslund, Ilya Kovalchuk and Mario Lemieux would score a season if they played on Peter Forsberg's wing.
I'm don't really like Forsberg all that much but I have to admit, Mario on the left of Forsberg woul be downright scary as hell. I think they would probably click, and depending on other factors such as health, team, system and who is on the right side, I would think this is an almost garanteed 55+ goals for Mario. Not only that but Forsberg might be able to hit 40 himself.

Kovalchuk is already a better goalscorer than Hejduk. I'm not sure Forsberg and him would click as well, however.

Naslund? You're looking at numbers that would probably be similar to what Hejduk gets.

Hejduk has wonderful scoring hands but I can think of a few similar players in the league. Does that discredit him? Nope. He's doing it right now. I don't like when people dumbly call Tanguay "a leetch/leech/leach/leatch". By the same token I think Hejduk deserves to be respected for his accomplishments. Yet, I do think other players have an awesome scoring touch, similar to his.

Quote:
For Milan Hejduk, it's 50. Some clowns think he's a 30 goal scorer, yet the guy has possibly the best set of pure sniping hands in the league. He can hit the net from anywhere in the zone, and scores goals at ridiculous angles.
Nobody can score goals at ridiculous angles like Mario, followed in that respect by Kovalchuk. Nobody.

They are the best at it. Hejduk is close behind and is also very good at it.

All that being said, it's tough again to discredit Hejduk's accomplishments. As another poster said however, accomplishments vary. They do so almost month after month.

(what follows isn't really in response to RIAL and more some personal thoughts regarding this thread)

For instance, nobody has scored more goals than Naslund in the last three years. My response to that: so?

What makes three years the magical number? What about the player who has scored the most goals last year? Or the last 5 years? Or the last 8 years? Or over his entire career?

How do we determine who REALLY is the best goalscorer? I suppose we can't, as usual. So we have to rely on subjectivity, which is exactly what all of us have been doing. There isn't any statistical evidence that Naslund is the best scorer in the league. Only that he has been the best goalscorer in the last three years.

I continue to believe Miroslav Satan, for instance, is just as good a scorer as Hejduk and Naslund.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
I continue to believe Miroslav Satan, for instance, is just as good a scorer as Hejduk and Naslund.
I agreed with your post until I read that......

Old
10-20-2003, 11:12 AM
MoS*

Hejduk with Forsberg = 50 goals
Naslund with Forsberg = 60 goals
Kovalchuk with Forsberg = 55 goals
Lemieux with Forsberg = the sky's the limit as long as :both: stay healthy

Old
10-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
Naslund #1? I don't think so..... He's definitely good, at least top 10, most likely top 5. But not #1. I agree with everyone that said Kovalchuk.
I agree that Kovalchuk is the best pure goal scorer but there's something to be said for consistency. Three 40+ seasons in a row is nothing to sneeze and it's about time Naslund got the recognition for it. But if they give the award out next year, and Kovalchuk has 40+ goals this year, he should get the title. Nazzy is top-3 in terms of pure goal scoring IMO.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
MoS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I agree that Kovalchuk is the best pure goal scorer but there's something to be said for consistency. Three 40+ seasons in a row is nothing to sneeze and it's about time Naslund got the recognition for it. But if they give the award out next year, and Kovalchuk has 40+ goals this year, he should get the title. Nazzy is top-3 in terms of pure goal scoring IMO.
agreed. if consistency didn't matter mogilny would be #1 and iginla would be up there too. i don't think anyone other than lemieux could score more than 76 goals (mogilny's feat) in the nhl today

Old
10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
It's STILL Pavel Bure, dammit! 31 goals in his last 50 games! Stupid knee injury...
I agree 100%, look at his GOALS PER GAME in his career, if he didn't have a ton of injuries he would still be lightin' the lamp like no other. Also keep in mind Bure hasn't had a truly GREAT playmaking center anywhere he has been......unlike the majority of names that have been brought up.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
I agree 100%, look at his GOALS PER GAME in his career, if he didn't have a ton of injuries he would still be lightin' the lamp like no other. Also keep in mind Bure hasn't had a truly GREAT playmaking center anywhere he has been......unlike the majority of names that have been brought up.
I think this goes without saying...the only reason nobody is mentioning Pavel is he isn't active right now. If he were playing and healthy and this was a poll, I don't think it would be all that close.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:45 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
I agreed with your post until I read that......
I still agree with him...

Miro may not be better than them, but he is right up there with them...

And I think Bure is #1 until he retires...
I don't really understand it could be anyone else...

Old
10-20-2003, 12:00 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
You've just lost all credibilty as a person who knows his hockey.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:06 PM
south-sentral

Yeah, Naslund deserves the nod for consistency but in terms of pure goal scoring ability is gotta be the Russian Rocket.

Kovachuck would soon be up there, but people should also consider Hossa.. his goals over his career is almost identical to Hejdukes.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
Source?

That's right ... it's just opinion. Anways, moving along now.

This thread is based on PURE opinions. Anyone here who wants to slam another poster for agreeing or disagreeing on who is the best goalscorer is just as useless as they think the victim of their slam is. Vlad hit the fricken nail on the head ... why is it SO hard for people to understand? The term "best _______" is always subjective (which makes things good for debate)--but then again, it always leads to major mudslinging because people are so frail around here when others refute their opinion.

Honestly, I think Kovalchuk, Mario, and Bure are the top three. And Hejduk and Naslund, next, being quite equal. But then again, that's my highly subjective opinion on the matter.

Vlad - Have you read any articles by Postman & Powers or Birk & Birk regarding slanting and charged language in the media? You post is the epitome of their messages.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:03 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at this:
Quote:
I've realized that instead of trying to beat a guy between the legs . . .(Markus Naslund)

Old
10-20-2003, 01:37 PM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
What did you use to predict that? Crystal ball?

Closed Thread