HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jeremy Roenick!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
pfoppa21

vCash: 500
Jeremy Roenick!!

I heard how he also would be interested in returning to the flyers, in the case primeau is done would you want back J.R. Id say yes he can kill penalties and would be good on the second liner as a winger.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
MojoJojo

Not gonna happen. Would eat far too much salary room even at the deadline. The Kings are going to easily make the playoffs, perhaps winning their division. I have a hard time seeing what we could offer LA for him that isnt short of gross overpayment.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
The real question is: are we ever going to get our "future considerations" ?

Old
01-10-2006, 09:13 PM
SheroWorship

Even if his salary were not excessive - I'd say no.

He is not the sniper he once was.

He is not the effective player he once was. Give a youngster a chance.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
pfoppa21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheroWorship
Even if his salary were not excessive - I'd say no.

He is not the sniper he once was.

He is not the effective player he once was. Give a youngster a chance.
Come play off though you want proven guys there
Or else we get another d man whos solid. Roenick would got to war every game in the playoffs for us, but being as solidily deep as we r it doesnt matter much.

Old
01-10-2006, 09:33 PM
SheroWorship

You're right. He would go to war.

He's old. Most importantly - he's had too many concussions. I think he and Lindros are both taking irresponsible gambles with their health. I respect their right to earn a living but I'm glad They're both not in Philly because with our horrible luck...

I think it all started with Barry Ashbee, then went to Parent...

I want no part of either of them.

You know... in a way I wouldn't mind Primeau sitting out until game 60 - it would be great for his head - and then using a shortened season to get into shape for a maniacal playoff run like last time. He'd be well rested and itching to go.

Old
01-11-2006, 06:02 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The Kings are fighting for the top team in the west. Unless the Kings absolutely collapse, he's going nowhere.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:09 AM
SheroWorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
The Kings are fighting for the top team in the west. Unless the Kings absolutely collapse, he's going nowhere.
Yeah... what he said !!!

Old
01-11-2006, 08:33 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesthar
The real question is: are we ever going to get our "future considerations" ?

it'll probably be cash

Old
01-11-2006, 01:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
maybe for the futur considerations for the trade they will give roenick back. good deal for them cause they still keep the draft pick

Old
01-11-2006, 02:43 PM
FlyerFanLWB

maybe for the futur considerations for the trade they will give roenick back.

i already heard that speculation when the deal happened... if the kings were somehow out of the playoff race they would be interested in dealing roenick back to philly... if not im guessing it will be a draft pick...

Old
01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfoppa21
Come play off though you want proven guys there
I mean no disrespect, but I am getting tired of hearing people saying that they want "proven" players. The only way players become "proven" is if they are given a chance to prove themselves.

If the players you currently have on the roster gets you to be one of the top teams in the conference, why not ride them to see if they can get it done in the playoffs.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
pfoppa21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
I mean no disrespect, but I am getting tired of hearing people saying that they want "proven" players. The only way players become "proven" is if they are given a chance to prove themselves.

If the players you currently have on the roster gets you to be one of the top teams in the conference, why not ride them to see if they can get it done in the playoffs.
Come play off time u cant have 2 many rookies on your team and some more of that wouldnt hurt, good 3rd liner who can pop30 a year would be a bonus, and young guys can also benefit from those kind of players

Old
01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
steve32

what is wrong with their 2nd line right now, richards, kapanan and zus? there doesn't seem to be a need for a change, and roenik wouldn't go on the young guns line (sim, carter, umberger). therefore the only spot they could put him is on the forth line

Old
01-12-2006, 08:12 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfoppa21
Come play off time u cant have 2 many rookies on your team and some more of that wouldnt hurt, good 3rd liner who can pop30 a year would be a bonus, and young guys can also benefit from those kind of players
Again, why not? These guys have performed well all season and are a big part of why the Flyers are where they are in the standings. By acquiring a "proven" forward, you basically are telling that player "Thanks for getting us here, but now we brought in somebody with experience to finish the job because we're not quite sure if you can do it since you don't have experience. Enjoy the playoffs from the stands."

BTW, how did that work out a few seasons ago when they brought in Adam Oates?

Old
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
Again, why not? These guys have performed well all season and are a big part of why the Flyers are where they are in the standings. By acquiring a "proven" forward, you basically are telling that player "Thanks for getting us here, but now we brought in somebody with experience to finish the job because we're not quite sure if you can do it since you don't have experience. Enjoy the playoffs from the stands."

BTW, how did that work out a few seasons ago when they brought in Adam Oates?
i completely agree, what good has "proven players" gotten us so far. Run with what works, and right now that is youth. I'm not saying not to improve when you can, but the key is to do just that- improve. These posts about getting these aged players back drive me nuts. Past their prime, injury prone. these guys arent even worth draft picks

Old
01-12-2006, 09:06 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Last NHL season proved that the "proven" players are what's needed to win it.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:04 PM
daynus

???

i can't see that happening either. LA doing as well as they are and the salary cap.

i think the only thing we will pick up for the playoffs is a defenseman.

Old
01-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
LA is doing this with virtually no help from JR.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:54 PM
High Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
i completely agree, what good has "proven players" gotten us so far. Run with what works, and right now that is youth. I'm not saying not to improve when you can, but the key is to do just that- improve. These posts about getting these aged players back drive me nuts. Past their prime, injury prone. these guys arent even worth draft picks

regular season is 1 thing...but the question is can the youth make that flawless jump intensity that is required for the playoffs...also we're likely to have some injuries either after the trade deadline or during the playoffs, having 1 more roster spot filled by a veteran is a plus

im not saying that roenick shud b that veteran but but i don't think he's a bad choice...roenick wud b a great addition to this team whether prims comes back or not...he offers that spark, intensity, and emotion that this team lacks at times now(last nites game was a good example...granted the last game of the road trip...but still it took the red wings scoring for the flyers to start skating again...we need a player who will go out n put on the big hit, start a fight, or get the heart pumping and blood flowing in some other way)

roenick performance this yr shud b reevaluated when he comes back from this injury...according to tsn via the la times roenick will be back in 2 weeks and he's been on an intense work out since he only has a broken finger and he's lost 15 lbs...sounds like he's trying to prove that he shuda been on the olympic team...he's got some fire now

Old
01-15-2006, 12:19 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Jesus christ, the ghost of the English language must slay you.

It's not tough to spell check, I'm not even going to bother reading that post.

Closed Thread