HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jamie Lundmark?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
  #1
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Jamie Lundmark?

I didn't see the game today but Brian Mullen said at the begining that he felt he was the best forward so far in the season, after todays game he sounded even more high on him, so I assume he did well today. Am I missing something or has Lundmark really done good this season? Honestly I can't even remember him doing anything other then playing well on the PK in one game the one game I saw live.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 08:39 PM
  #2
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,154
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
hes done well, lots of little plays.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 09:02 PM
  #3
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
Other than the fact that Lundmark didn't get a shot on goal until tonight, he's done his job. And played well on the penalty kill. He's been the best player on his line--and the only competent one--which is not saying much, but does explain why he hasn't stood out. Lundmark isn't ready to take over a line or a game just yet. But as someone else pointed out, he's doing the little things that players who are successful do. He'll only get better.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 09:40 AM
  #4
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Other than the fact that Lundmark didn't get a shot on goal until tonight, he's done his job. And played well on the penalty kill. He's been the best player on his line--and the only competent one--which is not saying much, but does explain why he hasn't stood out. Lundmark isn't ready to take over a line or a game just yet. But as someone else pointed out, he's doing the little things that players who are successful do. He'll only get better.
Disagree. He did nothing the first two games and was just as invisible as the other two fowards on his line. If you want to talk little things like winning battles along the boards and picking up his man, he failed to do that several times over those two games also.

Now saying that, I must say that he was a different player out there last night. He was involved, played very good D, and won some battles along the boards including the one behind the net where he beat two Hurricanes and then fed Holik in front. That's the type a play he and all the others must bring every game.

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 11:45 AM
  #5
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Disagree. He did nothing the first two games and was just as invisible as the other two fowards on his line. If you want to talk little things like winning battles along the boards and picking up his man, he failed to do that several times over those two games also.

Now saying that, I must say that he was a different player out there last night. He was involved, played very good D, and won some battles along the boards including the one behind the net where he beat two Hurricanes and then fed Holik in front. That's the type a play he and all the others must bring every game.
If you're going to bash Lundmark, be fair and bash the other 8-9 forwards who have played the same way or worse. Singling out the one forward under 25 is unfair. I expect a young player to take some time adjusting to new linemates/new system, I expect older, more experienced players to take the lead.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
  #6
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I gotta disaggree with you too JC on this one.

Lundmark hasn't dominated a game but he's been consistently good on the penalty kill and seems hungrier then his linemates. He's arguably been the rangers most well rounded RW so far this season and the only game i can really say was a "bad" was the first, and that was a reflection on the whole team.

did he light the world on fire? no, but like people have said he's doing a lot of little things and i tend to believe the more he does those little things and the more Carter aggrivates the rangers with his "i'm not in kansas/edmonton" playing, the more i think lundmarks icetime is going to catch and then surpass carters and their roles are going to swap.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 04:47 PM
  #7
Habdominal
Registered User
 
Habdominal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i tend to believe the more he does those little things and the more Carter aggrivates the rangers with his "i'm not in kansas/edmonton" playing, the more i think lundmarks icetime is going to catch and then surpass carters and their roles are going to swap.
Nothing personal against Carter, but Let's hope you're right !!!

Habdominal is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 05:10 PM
  #8
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
im all for giving lundmark a spot on the lindros line but i think lundmark would fit better with nedved and hlavac. lets see what kovalev can do with lindros and ruchinsky. my lines would be
ruchinsky lindros kovalev
hlavac nedved lundmark
barnaby holik carter
lacouutore messier keefe

tjutin devries
poti malkahov
kasper mironov

lets dump purinton once and for all. he has got heart and thats about it. i hate when i see people compare purinton to cairns. cairns at this stage of his rangers career was a much better defensman than purinton. simenka would pass thorough waivers and its unfair to his career to never dress him. if simenka does gets claimed by another team than we have scott to take his place.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 05:50 PM
  #9
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
i tend to think lundmark would be a better fit with hlvac and nedved too.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 07:34 PM
  #10
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Disagree. He did nothing the first two games and was just as invisible as the other two fowards on his line. If you want to talk little things like winning battles along the boards and picking up his man, he failed to do that several times over those two games also.

Now saying that, I must say that he was a different player out there last night. He was involved, played very good D, and won some battles along the boards including the one behind the net where he beat two Hurricanes and then fed Holik in front. That's the type a play he and all the others must bring every game.
It looks like the to of us are alone on this one but I have to agree with you. I am not saying that he has been are down fall by any means and he has done little things fine. There is enough blame for every player on the team in my opinion. But this thread is about Lundmark and I just do not see anything special. I realy do like him though and I think (hope) he will be fine. He is what we need more youth. He is still on a learning curve as far as I am concerned.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 02:32 AM
  #11
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If you're going to bash Lundmark, be fair and bash the other 8-9 forwards who have played the same way or worse. Singling out the one forward under 25 is unfair. I expect a young player to take some time adjusting to new linemates/new system, I expect older, more experienced players to take the lead.
I DO BASH EVERYONE, equally when they all deserve it and the way they played the first two games they all deserved it. INCLUDING LUNDMARK. Too me, he looked lethagic like everybody else out there the first two games. He rarely beat anybody to the puck and when he did, he got bounced off it like he was a fly. That has nothing to do with having to learn anything. I'm sorry Edge but I didn't see him do much to help the team succeed in the first two games, including the little things, and he also didn't seem anymore hungrier or show more passion then Dlac. I think it's wishful thinking right now.

Actually I hold Lundmark to a higher standard when it comes to the energy he must show and heart. I expect crappy efforts from these other guys. Lunmark is a guy that EVERY Ranger fan, including myself, has been clamouring for to get some time. If he's not gonna use it effectively by at least being visible (in a good way) during a game then he makes us look bad for believing in him and makes it even less likely that Sather will try more youngins on this team.

Still, don't get me wrong as my expectations aren't too high for him. I don't expect 30 goals and a world beater out there. That's for Kovalev. I just want him to be visible out there, trying to make a difference in the game and that is what he was the other night against the Canes. He showed effort, heart and energy. He beat guys to pucks made some nice moves and even stood up for himself. Now that I can commend him on. I will agree that the one area that he's expecially looked good at, including the first two games, is the PK which is very exciting to see.

Fact is almost everybody here wants to give him a pass because he's the "crown jewel" of our young guys and the only one playing in the NHL. If you're gonna unmercifully bash everybody else then Lundmark should not escape criticism when deserved. With this being Hockey's Future, and the state of the organization, I can understand why people are like this though. And trust me when I say that, I too, want to praise Lundmark every chance I get

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 06:18 AM
  #12
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
lets dump purinton once and for all. he has got heart and thats about it. i hate when i see people compare purinton to cairns. cairns at this stage of his rangers career was a much better defensman than purinton.
If you think that Cairns does anything better than Purinton, you simly have not been watching. Cairns barely plays any important minutes and does not leave the bench in the 3rd period. In his one game, Purinton played WAY better than either of the defenseless Russians. How can you argue to just get rid of Dale, w/o mentioning how atrocious both Malacough & Krispy have been? Can you actually present an argument for either of the M&M girls to keep playing while Dale is not dressed?

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 07:43 AM
  #13
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Atleast the girls can skate, I feel pain when watching him skate. Hes an ape on skates, dont know if youve seen that CCM movie with the chimp in but that chimps like Dale's mini-me, except less ugly!

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 07:53 AM
  #14
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Atleast the girls can skate, I feel pain when watching him skate. Hes an ape on skates, dont know if youve seen that CCM movie with the chimp in but that chimps like Dale's mini-me, except less ugly!

Brian Boitano can skate too. Doesn't mean I want him manning the Ranger blueline.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 08:01 AM
  #15
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
i dunno, if he plays with an edge and keeps the puck outta the net, why not?

Edge is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 08:14 AM
  #16
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Atleast the girls can skate, I feel pain when watching him skate. Hes an ape on skates, dont know if youve seen that CCM movie with the chimp in but that chimps like Dale's mini-me, except less ugly!
Great. Can you point out ANY positives that their so-called skating ability have done for us? It seems that every time I look up, the ADRD are either taking a lazy penalty, turning the puck over, missing a simple outlet pass, or turning the puck over so that it forces another player to take a penatly to prevent a breakaway (Lacoutre the other game). What exatly has either of the defenseless Russians done to deserve to stay in the lineup? They have done NOTHING but hurt the team virtually every time that they are on the ice.

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 08:39 AM
  #17
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Did I say anything about their defensive game? No I said atleast they can skate, I think even you must admit taht they are better skaters than Purinton. I dont know if youve notice (I assume you have being a long term viewer) that skating is a large part of the game? Getting from A to B is pretty important and Dale takes longer to do so then either of those two by a large margin. Im not going to say this isnt personal as I have a strong dislike for Purinton based on the fact that he is a bad skater, bad puckhandler, mistake prone, slow reactions, isnt a good fighter when going with heavyweights and is given un-due credit on these boards. I think comparing Cairns to Dale is a pretty bad insult for Eric.

I regret the signing of malakhov everytime I watch him play but just because Dale is trying and malakhov isnt dosent mean hes a better player. mirinov on the other hand I like and know his play will pick up, especially if put with another partner.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
  #18
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
"I think even you must admit that they are better skaters than Purinton. I dont know if youve notice (I assume you have being a long term viewer) that skating is a large part of the game? "

Ok, you got me. They are better skaters. Terrific. Again, I ask, what has that gotten us? Was Daneyko a great or even good skater? No, but I would take him as my #6 defenseman any night of the week. The M&M boys are also better skaters than Derrian Hatcher. Does that mean that if they were in Detroit that they would be starting instead of him? For their vaunted skating, how does that address the problem that they cannot seem to make a simple 5 ft. outlet pass out of the zone? Or the fact that they cannot seem to handle the puck without immediately coughing it up? Or that they cannot handle an onrushing skater w/o commiting a penalty? How does their skating help with any of that?
We are talking about a #6 defenseman. Since when is it a requirement that the #6 defenseman skates like Hedican? Seems to me that if you can simply make an outlet pass and not give away the puck with maddening frequency, you are am automatic improvement over either Malcough or Bobo.
They have not shown that they are capable of doing ANYTHING to help the team through the first 4 games. The only thing that they have done is hurt the team. Isn't it high time that they were not dressed for a game and someone else be given a chance? Surely there's not much else that ANYONE can do worse than the ADRD.

And while, we're at it,

"isnt a good fighter when going with heavyweights "

Can you tell me when you saw Dale get really outclassed by an opposing fighter? He had one fight this year. Jodey Shelly. Dale gave every bit as good as he gave in that one. Last year he fought and beat Brashear. Now, if you do not list Brash as a heavywieght, then who is?

True Blue is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Did I say anything about their defensive game? No I said atleast they can skate, I think even you must admit taht they are better skaters than Purinton. I dont know if youve notice (I assume you have being a long term viewer) that skating is a large part of the game? Getting from A to B is pretty important and Dale takes longer to do so then either of those two by a large margin. Im not going to say this isnt personal as I have a strong dislike for Purinton based on the fact that he is a bad skater, bad puckhandler, mistake prone, slow reactions, isnt a good fighter when going with heavyweights and is given un-due credit on these boards. I think comparing Cairns to Dale is a pretty bad insult for Eric.

I regret the signing of malakhov everytime I watch him play but just because Dale is trying and malakhov isnt dosent mean hes a better player. mirinov on the other hand I like and know his play will pick up, especially if put with another partner.

No, because Dale tries does not make him a better player than Malakhov. However, it does raise the question as to why Malakhov is playing and Dale isn't. I would much rather give up goals because Dale was not fast enough to get back into position than give up goals because Malakhov is either apathetic or indifferent. In fact, because he has the talent, Malakhov should be forced to sit until he demonstrates that his is ready to use his talent and start playing to his potential (or at least closer to it than he has been since his first season in NY). What is the message here? Talent over heart? If so that is truly sad because this team isn't winning with that message. Pretty sure they could lose just as well with Dale in there instead of Malakhov or Mironov.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 09:17 AM
  #20
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If you're going to bash Lundmark, be fair and bash the other 8-9 forwards who have played the same way or worse. Singling out the one forward under 25 is unfair. I expect a young player to take some time adjusting to new linemates/new system, I expect older, more experienced players to take the lead.
I don't agree that bashing him simply because he's under 25 is unfair. I do agree that to single him out is pointless.... he's the least of our problems. I'd rather complain about #88 the Big Puss

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
  #21
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I don't agree that bashing him simply because he's under 25 is unfair. I do agree that to single him out is pointless.... he's the least of our problems. I'd rather complain about #88 the Big Puss
We're talking about the 8th forward here--it's not his job to jump start the organization. If anyone thinks he's going to do it alone, they are setting him up to fail.

As for the continuing Purinton controversey: Gee, this guy has been on the ice for about 15 minutes this season and people are calling for his head? Let's get real here! Malakhov is supposed to be one of the important players in this organization--he's supposed to be out there in critical situations with the game on the line. Purinton is supposed to be the 6th-7th defenseman who is ready, willing and able to fill in when the need arises. If the season comes down to relying on Purinton to cover up the lousy play of a "core" player, then this organization will continue to lose. Better hope that Malakhov is capable of recovering and playing a decent game. Ditto Holik.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:56 AM
  #22
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Ok weve established that Dale is not as good a skater as the M+M boys, that was my point, thanks for that debate.

Secondly why are you slating Malakhob so heavily when I just said I don even like him? And in my opinion he and Dale are just as bad as each other, however Vlad has the potential to be a MUCH better player.

I say that he isnt a heavweight fighter because I dont think he could beat the following the majority of the time -

Domi
Worrel
Laraque
Fedoruk
Godard
Cairns
Bashear (apparently he did last season, dont remember that one)
Belak
Johnson
Brennan
to name a few.

He could go toe to toe with guys like -

Cummins
Weimer
Neil
Exelby
etc

Oh and whats this talent over heart crap? I said that Vlad is abetter skater then Dale and that just because he tries dosent make him a better player. Barnaby tries harder then Bure did and has more heart, does that mean it is sad that id rather have Bure on my team then Barnaby. I get your idea and I agree with it to a degree but your misinterpertating my points that have nothing to do with that.

(in my opinion)

Now you can argue all you want about that but the reality is he isnt a top tier fighter. If yopu go to the tough uys board theyll confirm that. Oh and by top tier I mean top 10-15.

Anyway lets stop spamming up this Lundmark thread, i really am bored of this debate, as im sure are the majority of its readers.

Lets agree to disagree

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
  #23
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
When was the last time Malakhov lived up to his potential? 1993? I think it's a little late in the game to point to a thirtysomething veteran's potential as the reason to play him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 02:11 PM
  #24
JCProdigy
Registered User
 
JCProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: I want what I want
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
We're talking about the 8th forward here--it's not his job to jump start the organization. If anyone thinks he's going to do it alone, they are setting him up to fail.
I dunno, but if you think that's what I mean then you're mistaken. I don't expect Lundmark to jump start this team. As you say, that would be asking way to much for him. What I'm asking, is for him to jump start his own game. Something he did against the Canes.

JCProdigy is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 03:01 PM
  #25
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
mironov and malkahov suck im not going to lie. hopefully when leetch comes back one of these two horrible defensman will be scratched or dumped in hartford or just flat out released.

dale purinton is 20 times worse than both malkahov and mironov. he cant skate. he is always pinching and is out of postion. the rangers will be better of when they realize the purinton experiment is a failure. tjutin should called up and placed into this lineup as soon as possible. tjutin has earned it and purinton has showed little and its time to stop thinking of purinton as future top 6 defenseman.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.