HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks interested in Ribeiro? With Link

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2006, 04:46 PM
  #1
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 500
Hawks interested in Ribeiro? With Link

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/se....asp?id=142942

Cap

Capitano is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
  #2
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano

If the price is right I'd do it

Bell for Ribs and a Second?

Lapointe for Ribs?



Last edited by GoneAway: 01-15-2006 at 06:08 PM.
 
Old
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
  #3
Stefan
Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa - HabsTown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Someone's "interested" in Ribeiro. Wow, it's like deja vu all over again.

Stefan is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:53 PM
  #4
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Bell and a 2nd for Ribs?



Ribs + 1st might not even get us Bell.

Ribeiro for one of Vandermeer/Calder works for. If Calder, I guess we can add it in 3rd/4th.

felixd is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
  #5
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd


Ribs + 1st might not even get us Bell.

Ribeiro for one of Vandermeer/Calder works for. If Calder, I guess we can add it in 3rd/4th.
Yea I agree though I think Ribs and a first can get Bell. But, Bell >>>>>> Ribs

x-bob is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:01 PM
  #6
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd


Ribs + 1st might not even get us Bell.

Ribeiro for one of Vandermeer/Calder works for. If Calder, I guess we can add it in 3rd/4th.

Thats what I figured...


Hey, one can dream!

OOPS I meant to say Bell for Ribs and a Second

 
Old
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
  #7
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
If the price is right I'd do it

Bell and a 2nd for Ribs?

Lapointe for Ribs?


BigTimer* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
  #8
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 500
If the defense can play like they did last night, I would rather get Calder. I think he is a guy that would fit right in with the team. Fast, hard-working, energetic, good on the boards, could be a great winger for Bulis.

felixd is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:12 PM
  #9
NORiculous
Registered User
 
NORiculous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
I sure hope its not for Lapointe.

NORiculous is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:24 PM
  #10
MightyPleky*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MightyPleky*
It's not for Lapointe. If Gainey want him he just sign him during the summer..

Vandermeer is a good defensman but we already have 7 defensman, need to trade 1 with Ribs for him..

MightyPleky* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:25 PM
  #11
mikeg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
If the price is right I'd do it

Bell and a 2nd for Ribs?

Lapointe for Ribs?


Oh my..

How about this:

A bag of pucks + A sixth Rounder for Ribs

mike

mikeg is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:26 PM
  #12
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Bell yes, but Calder.. meh! I wonder what else we'd need to throw in to come away with Bell.

Ribeiro + Sundstrom + 3rd for Bell?

Habs13 is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:33 PM
  #13
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Bell yes, but Calder.. meh! I wonder what else we'd need to throw in to come away with Bell.

Ribeiro + Sundstrom + 3rd for Bell?
Try Ribeiro, Perezhogin, and a 2nd.

BigTimer* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:35 PM
  #14
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Try Ribeiro, Perezhogin, and a 2nd.
No dice.

Habs13 is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:37 PM
  #15
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,179
vCash: 500
Ribeiro + Zednik for Calder + 2nd?
Kovalev - Koivu - Ryder
Calder - Plekanec - Kostsitsyn
Higgins - Bonk - Sundstrom
Ferland - Begin - Murray

Markov - Rivet
Komisarek - Souray
Dandenault - Streit

Theodore
Huet


Last edited by Uber Coca: 01-15-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Uber Coca is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:49 PM
  #16
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Mark Bell
2000-01 Blackhawks NHL 13 0 1 1 4
2001-02 Blackhawks NHL 80 12 16 28 124
2002-03 Blackhawks NHL 82 14 15 29 113
2003-04 Blackhawks NHL 82 21 24 45 106
2005-06 Blackhawks NHL 44 16 15 31 42 NHL Totals 301 63 71 134 389


Mike Ribeiro
1999-00 Canadiens NHL 19 1 1 2 2
2000-01 Canadiens NHL 2 0 0 0 2
2001-02 Canadiens NHL 43 8 10 18 12
2002-03 Canadiens NHL 52 5 12 17 6
2003-04 Canadiens NHL 81 20 45 65 34
2005-06 Canadiens NHL 40 8 20 28 18 NHL Totals 237 42 88 130 74


Looks pretty even to me. Sure, Ribeiro is having a hard time this year but his carear stats are pretty even to Bell's, in fact, I'd say Ribeiro still has more potential even. Check the games played and then the points... Bell is also a streaky player.

Ribeiro + Sundstrom for Bell

Habs13 is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:51 PM
  #17
phil
Registered User
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: sand and sun island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Lapointe is another player of the type "we should have had him 4 years ago", when he was hot and in demand. This type also includes Radek Bonk...

phil is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
  #18
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Mark Bell
2000-01 Blackhawks NHL 13 0 1 1 4
2001-02 Blackhawks NHL 80 12 16 28 124
2002-03 Blackhawks NHL 82 14 15 29 113
2003-04 Blackhawks NHL 82 21 24 45 106
2005-06 Blackhawks NHL 44 16 15 31 42 NHL Totals 301 63 71 134 389

Mike Ribeiro
1999-00 Canadiens NHL 19 1 1 2 2
2000-01 Canadiens NHL 2 0 0 0 2
2001-02 Canadiens NHL 43 8 10 18 12
2002-03 Canadiens NHL 52 5 12 17 6
2003-04 Canadiens NHL 81 20 45 65 34
2005-06 Canadiens NHL 40 8 20 28 18 NHL Totals 237 42 88 130 74

Looks pretty even to me. Sure, Ribeiro is having a hard time this year but his carear stats are pretty even to Bell's, in fact, I'd say Ribeiro still has more potential even. Check the games played and then the points... Bell is also a streaky player.

Ribeiro + Sundstrom for Bell
Listen... you obviously don't know very much about how the NHL works. Ribeiro, one of our good prospects, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder *could* get Bell out of Chicago. Tallon would wipe his *** with the Ribeiro and Sundstrom offer.

BigTimer* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:56 PM
  #19
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Mark Bell
2000-01 Blackhawks NHL 13 0 1 1 4
2001-02 Blackhawks NHL 80 12 16 28 124
2002-03 Blackhawks NHL 82 14 15 29 113
2003-04 Blackhawks NHL 82 21 24 45 106
2005-06 Blackhawks NHL 44 16 15 31 42 NHL Totals 301 63 71 134 389


Mike Ribeiro
1999-00 Canadiens NHL 19 1 1 2 2
2000-01 Canadiens NHL 2 0 0 0 2
2001-02 Canadiens NHL 43 8 10 18 12
2002-03 Canadiens NHL 52 5 12 17 6
2003-04 Canadiens NHL 81 20 45 65 34
2005-06 Canadiens NHL 40 8 20 28 18 NHL Totals 237 42 88 130 74


Looks pretty even to me. Sure, Ribeiro is having a hard time this year but his carear stats are pretty even to Bell's, in fact, I'd say Ribeiro still has more potential even. Check the games played and then the points... Bell is also a streaky player.

Ribeiro + Sundstrom for Bell



Ribeiro = good passer with good vision, but slow, doesn't get involved physically, lazy, bad defensively

Bell = big, strong, tough, will hit, can score goals, hard working. Only thing I am unsure with him is his skating and that's only because I haven't seen him play enough to really evaluate his skating.

I am almost positive than in any potential Bell trade, Komisarek would have to be included.

felixd is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
  #20
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Try Ribeiro, Perezhogin, and a 2nd.
That's pretty damn tempting to me if I am Gainey. I'd try and maybe bargain the pick down to a 4th, but that's an offer I think long and hard about.

felixd is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
  #21
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Listen... you obviously don't know very much about how the NHL works. Ribeiro, one of our good prospects, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder *could* get Bell out of Chicago. Tallon would wipe his *** with the Ribeiro and Sundstrom offer.
Listen, why the HELL would Gainey deal "one of good prospects" AND Mike Ribeiro for a guy like Mark Bell? Ribeiro has 4 less points in 50+ less games and had 20 more points in his best season vs. Mark Bell's best season. The article above says Tallon has interest in Ribeiro, not that Gainey is seeking to ship Ribeiro there - therefore, why does Gainey allow Tallon to rip him so badly on this deal?

I wouldn't trade Perezhogin straight up for Bell. Nor Kostitsn or Latendresse.

Habs13 is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
  #22
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
That's pretty damn tempting to me if I am Gainey.
Even then I'm not sure the Blackhawks would accept. In other words... we'd have to overpay to get Bell on the Habs.

BigTimer* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
  #23
BigTimer*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Listen, why the HELL would Gainey deal "one of good prospects" AND Mike Ribeiro for a guy like Mark Bell? Ribeiro has 4 less points in 50+ less games and had 20 more points in his best season vs. Mark Bell's best season. The article above says Tallon has interest in Ribeiro, not that Gainey is seeking to ship Ribeiro there - therefore, why does Gainey allow Tallon to rip him so badly on this deal?

I wouldn't trade Perezhogin straight up for Bell. Nor Kostitsn or Latendresse.
Because Bell is probably the only "untouchable" player in Chicago. There's more to hockey than stats, you know? Actually watching a player will give you a better bearing on his value and it's very clear that you haven't watched Bell play. Do you just look up some stats and then determine if a trade's fair? Maybe on good days you even go the extra mile and read the little TSN scouting reports to better base your player evaluations.

Ribs is worth a 3rd rounder to an interested team and Sunny's worth a 4th or 5th... And I'm being generous in both cases.

BigTimer* is offline  
Old
01-15-2006, 06:09 PM
  #24
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Because Bell is probably the only "untouchable" player in Chicago. There's more to hockey than stats, you know? Actually watching a player will give you a better bearing on his value and it's very clear that you haven't watched Bell play. Do you just look up some stats and then determine if a trade's fair? Maybe on good days you even go the extra mile and read the little TSN scouting reports to better base your player evaluations.

Ribs is worth a 3rd rounder to an interested team and Sunny's worth a 4th or 5th... And I'm being generous in both cases.

No need to be a jerk, pal.

And I hardly check stats, I did this time to see what sort of numbers Bell has put up. I also know that Bell is a valued player in Chicago and I know that Dave Tallon's team is far from good and needs a shake up... and to get, you need to give.

By the way, I have seen Bell play. I had express vu last season and wanted to see Tuomo Ruutu play, thus, tuned into several Hawks games.

Perezhogin? Komisarek? Are you kidding? If that's what Tallon wants for Bell, he can sit with his fading 'Hawks.

Latendresse > Bell

Habs13 is online now  
Old
01-15-2006, 06:12 PM
  #25
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
Ribeiro + Zednik for Calder + 2nd?
Kovalev - Koivu - Ryder
Calder - Plekanec - Kostsitsyn
Higgins - Bonk - Sundstrom
Ferland - Begin - Murray

Markov - Rivet
Komisarek - Souray
Dandenault - Streit

Theodore
Huet
Cmon u don't need Zednick to land a calder.

Ribs for Cader will do it IMO.

Would u give a Zed for a Begin ?

Rscorpio is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.