HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks interested in Ribeiro? With Link

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
No dice.
Bell value isn't that hight and I'm pretty sure. Perezhogin alone could land us Bell, or at least, we would be pretty close.

Old
01-15-2006, 06:13 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
Cmon u don't need Zednick to land a calder.

Ribs for Cader will do it IMO.

Would u give a Zed for a Begin ?

Who's Zednick?

Old
01-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Who's Zednick?

Old
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
CHareth

I would trade Ribeiro in a second for anyone on Chicago's roster who has grit and is ready to play regular minutes right away. I don't care about the position - whether forward or defence: Barnaby, Lapointe, Vandermeer or Simpson are a few names off the top of my head. Throw in picks to even out the trade.

Old
01-15-2006, 06:30 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Give to get? Get what? Ribeiro? Wow... He's not any good so why would Tallon have to give up alot in order to get him.

I could ruin whatever reputation you have on these boards by posting a link to this thread on the Trade Board. Get a clue before talking, let alone arguing.

What a childish answer.

Ribeiro may have no value on these boards but that doesn't mean he's got no value around the league.

The guy may be a jerk but he still has untapped potential. Same works for Bell.

Bell's more valuable 'cos he isn't useless when he can't put his name on the scoresheet.

But that's about it. We're not talking about Crosby for Ribeiro here, it's just Mark Bell. And I'd bet Tuomo Ruutu's the real untouchable in the Windy City, not Bell.

Old
01-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Because Bell is probably the only "untouchable" player in Chicago. There's more to hockey than stats, you know? Actually watching a player will give you a better bearing on his value and it's very clear that you haven't watched Bell play. Do you just look up some stats and then determine if a trade's fair? Maybe on good days you even go the extra mile and read the little TSN scouting reports to better base your player evaluations.

Ribs is worth a 3rd rounder to an interested team and Sunny's worth a 4th or 5th... And I'm being generous in both cases.
Bell is a solid player and we'd have to overpay to get him. I agree with most of what you said, but Sundstrom is probably worth more than Ribs. Also...people who think Komi would go the other way....How would that make sense for Chicago? They already have a plethora of good young dmen.

I wouldn't mind a Zednik, Ribeiro, Dandenault for Aucoin, Bell trade, but I know it's not going to happen. Teams don't trade players like Bell....they build around them. It would be like the Habs trading Ryder....I understand your frustration.

Old
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
NORiculous

vCash: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax
Ribeiro may have no value on these boards but that doesn't mean he's got no value around the league.
Right.

I think that this might not be a good time to make a trade either.

Closed Thread