HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hacket

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 05:49 AM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
Hacket

I am not saying Hacket is the answer, but man I love watching a goalie that does not flop around like a fish out of water. (ie. "the chech")

Old
10-17-2003, 06:18 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Same here, I'm not hailing Jeff to be the next great goalie for us but he has been solid in his two starts for us. I am encouraged to see him doing so well. No more coronaries like I had watching Roman flop all around the goal.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:36 AM
Dr Love

So far he looks great. Sure it's only two games, but they're both shutouts in close games. I'm still not sold on him, and won't be for a while, but I'm impressed.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Dykhuis26

He's looked great. Always square to the shooter. All Philly needs is a goalie who just make the stops you're supposed to and so far he's done that and then some

Old
10-17-2003, 07:09 AM
donelikedinner

Hackett looked solid against the Sharks last night. I hope he stays healthy and plays a consistent game all season. If Hackett becomes a "rock" in nets, we should go a long way.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Flyers26

Has anyone noticed his mask??

He has pics of Hexy, Bernie & Pelle on it! How sweet is that!

Big PROPS for acknowledging our past!

Old
10-17-2003, 08:09 AM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
Last night was the first I got to see him.. he really impressed me. Back to back shutouts with a new team is a great feat. Credit the philly D as well.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:30 AM
FlyersFan137

I felt a lot more comfortable watching Hackett than Roman. With Roman back there I was always thinking comon flyers, go for the tie, don't let that last goal in. With Hackett back there I found myself saying comon flyers give it that little extra, go for the win. I'm pretty sure the team feels that way too, the defenseman are much better getting the puck out of the zone so far this year than they were last year.

Overall, this seems to be a good move. Too bad it's only 2 games into the season, we'll find out for sure in a couple months if he's got what it takes.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Hackett

Boston fans had the same impression about Hackett at first: he's steady, and has great form. Then the B's had a bad defensive game, he turned on his teammates, got testy with the press, and his form was shot. Then he injured his right hand for the fifth time in his career, and couldn't even hold a stick for weeks. If he gets hit in the hand again by a stick or a puck his hand will shatter for the sixth time, unfortunately. Watch out, and good luck.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
Boston fans had the same impression about Hackett at first: he's steady, and has great form. Then the B's had a bad defensive game, he turned on his teammates, got testy with the press, and his form was shot. Then he injured his right hand for the fifth time in his career, and couldn't even hold a stick for weeks. If he gets hit in the hand again by a stick or a puck his hand will shatter for the sixth time, unfortunately. Watch out, and good luck.
I'd take your comments with a grain off salt, because your the Bruins fan who was so quick to post here thanking Bob Clarke for signing Jeff Hackett and "Taking him off your hands."

I think we're all well aware that it's early in the season, but if things do go bad don't expect us to adopt the what have you done for me lately mentality like many Bruins fans expressed after Hackett left Boston.

Sounds like someone really wants to see Jeff do poorly in Philadelphia.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Habsaku

Ive seen a lot of Hackett here and I can assure you he never complained publically and he gave his best effort every night. The Bruins are just a bad organization that think money before winning. If hackett doesn't get his shoulder injured, you got a goalie who's gonna give you a great season and he'll definetly get you some points against the Habs :mad: .

Closed Thread