HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

May we see Leetch comming back to...

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Staal Me Up

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staal Me Up

New York. With Kaspar out for some time and a hole on the defesne Leetch would help out alot. Gives the Rangers a PP QB, good leadership, and hell it brings him back in red, white and blue. ( This is asumed also if Poti is traded )

Old
01-15-2006, 06:46 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithp
New York. With Kaspar out for some time and a hole on the defesne Leetch would help out alot. Gives the Rangers a PP QB, good leadership, and hell it brings him back in red, white and blue. ( This is asumed also if Poti is traded )
Also bring back former Ranger, Dan LaCoutre. Leetch-LaCoutre for Poti-Nylander-Rucchin

Old
01-15-2006, 06:50 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Also bring back former Ranger, Dan LaCoutre. Leetch-LaCoutre for Poti-Nylander-Rucchin

id like LaCouture but with our 3rd and 4th lines set, he wont make much of an impact unless its in Hartford.

Leetch and Martin Samuelsson for Poti

Old
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Levitate

ugh, barely know where to start. i hate to be a downer on leetch, but great leadership? where did he lead the rangers in recent years? nowhere. where is he leading the bruins now? nowhere. his stats aren't impressive, and if we sit here and complain about malik and rozsival making mistakes on D, then if we're objective about leetch we're gonna be pulling our hair out.

it's just time to move on, seriously. i loved leetch as a rangers but the only reason to bring him back now is nostalgia. yeah, he could probably put up a few points and make some good plays...every once and awhile. meantime, he'd be doing the same thing he did when he was last here, missing his checks, getting caught pinching, etc etc.

i know i'm being hard on him, it's not that he's a bad player now, but he's not what the rangers need now.

Old
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
great, Lacouture can center the top line

has he grown some hands yet?

Old
01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Are you kidding?

Old
01-15-2006, 08:24 PM
polako

leetch?

sure. lets bring nedved, holik and ulanov aboard also.

Old
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
bubba5

giving leetch a regular shift and not 30 min a game and leetch will be great again especially running our pp.

lets get him and we will be a top 5 team now

Old
01-15-2006, 09:38 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5
giving leetch a regular shift and not 30 min a game and leetch will be great again especially running our pp.

lets get him and we will be a top 5 team now
Yeah, a top 5 team now, maybe and then miss the playoffs another 8 years in a row. Sounds good. I like the whole bring-in-an-aging-vet-for-youth plan. And if you think Boston will send out Leetch for anything less than a rebuilding move than you are crazy. You can bet any other playoff contender that needs D will be offering prospects or picks, so our garbage for Leetch won't get it done.

Leetch was an awful leader, at least as a captain and that's what NY needs, not another Alternate.

Continue the rebuild and save some of the D spots for Redden/Chara/McCabe/Jovanovski.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Are you and JOrt the same person? I know he loved D-Lac while he was here. Sure you guys aren't brothers or something?

Seriously, what does D-Lac bring to this team that our 3rd and 4th lines don't already have?

Old
01-15-2006, 10:45 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
Yeah, a top 5 team now, maybe and then miss the playoffs another 8 years in a row. Sounds good. I like the whole bring-in-an-aging-vet-for-youth plan. And if you think Boston will send out Leetch for anything less than a rebuilding move than you are crazy. You can bet any other playoff contender that needs D will be offering prospects or picks, so our garbage for Leetch won't get it done.

Leetch was an awful leader, at least as a captain and that's what NY needs, not another Alternate.

Continue the rebuild and save some of the D spots for Redden/Chara/McCabe/Jovanovski.
What makes you think any of those guys are comoing here? Leetch would not cost much and he is only signed for this year. Look what we gave up for Sykora, nothing, where were all the playoff contenters for him?

Old
01-15-2006, 11:17 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
it's just time to move on, seriously. i loved leetch as a rangers but the only reason to bring him back now is nostalgia.
Amen, brother.

Old
01-15-2006, 11:27 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5
What makes you think any of those guys are comoing here? Leetch would not cost much and he is only signed for this year. Look what we gave up for Sykora, nothing, where were all the playoff contenters for him?
You're looking at Sykora with perfect 20/20 in hindsight. But 20 points in the 1st half isn't what a playoff contender is looking for. Not for a top 6 forward.

What makes me think they are coming here? Well, I can't know for sure, but maybe $22m in cap room would help. But we can't even make a run at them if we have all of the D spots taken up. A winning environment in New York City might also help. I understand that Leetch is only signed through this year, but why deal our chips for a rental? Use it in the draft or for getting prospects. We are still rebuilding after all.

This originization needs to literally and figuratively move out of the shadow on the '94 team. Leetch isn't the Norris trophy defenseman anymore. He hasn't been dominant for years now. He would be an upgrade on most of our d-men right now, but it would be a step backwards to both NYR and Leetch to bring him back at this point. Isn't anyone excited about the prospect of Pock or Baranka getting a shot with the injury to Kasper? We cry for 8 years to rebuild and now we want another former Ranger who is old and past his prime to come back. I might just copy these last few lines and post it in the Nedved thread.

Old
01-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Pizza

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Seriously, I just get sick of seeing this. No offense. You may have already seen all or part of this article. In it Leetch says that he wants to stay put and retire as a Bruin.

http://www.nhl.com/features/iceage/main.html

I'd love to see him back in NYC the day after he calls it quits so they can start planning his number retirement ceremony and he can start working with our kids.

Old
01-16-2006, 02:45 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23
Are you and JOrt the same person? I know he loved D-Lac while he was here. Sure you guys aren't brothers or something?

Seriously, what does D-Lac bring to this team that our 3rd and 4th lines don't already have?

one player id like to get is Huml, he is in europe and young with talent.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:49 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
one player id like to get is Huml, he is in europe and young with talent.
You can only have 50 NHL contracts per year. In order to bring in a player more often than not another has to go. With all the players you want to bring in we would have more turnover than at a Wal-Mart. Part of a rebuilding process is to bring players along and to create an atmosphere of stability. With younger players in the minors and in Jrs. and College and Europe we are still in the process of finding out where they fit in. It's not necessarily an overnight--all statistics driven
process and not all of them are going to succeed but still the time has got to be taken in order to make the correct decision. Let's forget about the Huml's for now.

Leetch is nearing the end. I don't think I would bring him back. He was my favorite Ranger for many years but I think we need to move on and as Mugerya says leave the ghosts of 94 behind. Lacouture is washed up waiver fodder.

Old
01-16-2006, 08:09 AM
shoothepuck

Leave Leetch and Lacouture where they are. Play Pock.

Old
01-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
ugh, barely know where to start. i hate to be a downer on leetch, but great leadership? where did he lead the rangers in recent years? nowhere. where is he leading the bruins now? nowhere. his stats aren't impressive, and if we sit here and complain about malik and rozsival making mistakes on D, then if we're objective about leetch we're gonna be pulling our hair out.

it's just time to move on, seriously. i loved leetch as a rangers but the only reason to bring him back now is nostalgia. yeah, he could probably put up a few points and make some good plays...every once and awhile. meantime, he'd be doing the same thing he did when he was last here, missing his checks, getting caught pinching, etc etc.

i know i'm being hard on him, it's not that he's a bad player now, but he's not what the rangers need now.
Absolutely not. You're right on. Good post!

Old
01-16-2006, 10:22 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Leave Leetch and Lacouture where they are. Play Pock.
I agree with giving pock a chance, but in the end if he is not getting it done and we have a great chance to do something in the playoffs but our PP continues to fail us, then if leetch is the best option and he does not cost much, i go with it. I agree, i cringe when i keep going back to 94 but unfortunatly, offensive dmen are hard to come by.

Old
01-16-2006, 10:51 AM
RANGER#11

Quote:

I think you are being alittle hard on Leetch. He may not of carried the team on his back to a Stanly Cup. But he was the one that all the coaches over the last few years counted on to log enormous minutes and rightly so How many times did he take a puck for the team well you get the point there are just to many things to list. I know most of them did not work out but look how many so called greats we have tried on this team. How many of them were to ride the other side with Leetch. If there was one worth a salt I can't think of one sence Zubov. (Zubov- Leetch That would be great)Alot of the posters get so mad when someone sugests A Leetch return well thats going to happen weather he is playing good or bad untile he hangs them up (and proulbly for the first couple years after that) Some people just can't stand to see the truest blue in the leage utile his retirement. One day he will be washed up but not now. You allways hear this player or that player needs a change of scenery. Well I think that is his proulblem. Get him home and he will improve. I don't mean to say he will win the Noris but I do believe he will improve. And no way in anyway will he hurt us. He instantly becomes are #1 defenceman, captin and much needed point man and not by name,by perfomance. And as far as a bad Captin maybye he wasen't the best captin in the locker room but on the ice I feel for all the years he caried the C and A He was and is respected by the team as well as any team we faced and deservingly so. alot of what he did was that he leads by Example. As of now I don't feel his proulblem is age there's alot gas in the tank. And no way will he hurt are youth movemen't he will help. Do we have A defencemen even close to leader quality? If it did not cost us A fortune. Otherwise sign him next year.

Closed Thread