HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 1/16/06 Rangers @ Blue Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
I think Hollweg gets benched because of the fact that out of the HMO line, he doesn't kill penalties. Moore and Orts are our most valuable PK'ers, so therefore Hollweg gets the odd man out, don't agree with it, but what are you gonna do.
Holly has been killing penalties recently with Betts out.

Old
01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I think we're in trouble tonight if we give the Jackets some power plays early. Nash & Zherdev are snipers, I expect them to play big if they're to get the W.

Old
01-16-2006, 12:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
CLMB-4
NYR-2

we get run out of the building buy a physically superior team, yet again. This is a washington-type team and we have all seen, except for two Philly games, how we handle those physical teams. But, hey, Lets sit Orr and Hollweg some more.
Agreed

Old
01-16-2006, 12:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I think we're in trouble tonight if we give the Jackets some power plays early. Nash & Zherdev are snipers, I expect them to play big if they're to get the W.
More by the physical play

Old
01-16-2006, 12:59 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Agreed
Again,

Everyone loves to bring up this "physically daunting opponent" theory ...and each time it is a moot point. toronto, philly, etc...we were just fine. My favorite was the Calgary game where everyone was saying the same thing. We had the better hits that game. I'll conced not having Hollweg is retarded but please dont tell me we are going to lose based on that.

And don't bring up chelios on saturday in det. - answering the bell to chelios in that second period would have done nothing for us. we simply did not work hard on saturday.

we will be fine tonight against clb in the physicality department.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:01 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
More by the physical play
No chance. Giving them PP's is what will kill us. Please stop with your call to arms.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:05 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
i think if we come out quick, they will need to match us...we need to set the tempo for this game, not let them control it and we will come away with the W

Old
01-16-2006, 01:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Bad feeling about this game.

01-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Fletch

Hollweg has played...

20 seconds of PK time in the last three games - I think Ortmeyer may've been in the box at that time. I wouldn't say he's been killing penalties of late.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Fletch

I never have a good feeling...

playing the likes of the CBJs. Hoping that Pock will bring some new life into the defense (much like he did in his first NHL game) and that CBJ won't be able to contain Jagr.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
playing the likes of the CBJs. Hoping that Pock will bring some new life into the defense (much like he did in his first NHL game) and that CBJ won't be able to contain Jagr.
A lot of them being able to contain Jagr will rely on if foote is playing or not. He is questionable tonite...

Old
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Again,

Everyone loves to bring up this "physically daunting opponent" theory ...and each time it is a moot point. toronto, philly, etc...we were just fine. My favorite was the Calgary game where everyone was saying the same thing. We had the better hits that game. I'll conced not having Hollweg is retarded but please dont tell me we are going to lose based on that.

And don't bring up chelios on saturday in det. - answering the bell to chelios in that second period would have done nothing for us. we simply did not work hard on saturday.

we will be fine tonight against clb in the physicality department.
Read Larry Brooks article in the NY Post today. You'll learn something about the Rangers physically for sure

Old
01-16-2006, 01:32 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Read Larry Brooks article in the NY Post today. You'll learn something about the Rangers physically for sure

Right. Cause what that idiot says is Gospel. If you base your hockey opinions on Larry Brooks, I ask that you sign me up for your Do Not Call list.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Right. Cause what that idiot says is Gospel. If you base your hockey opinions on Larry Brooks, I ask that you sign me up for your Do Not Call list.
***. Orite man. He's only been covering the team for the past whatever years, on an everyday basis. I think he knows more about the Rangers than me and you. He mentions our lack on an intimidator, and our lack of physical play, along with Renney not playing physical guys. He misses the physical hockey just like many of us do, and he watches the Rangers everyday

Old
01-16-2006, 01:39 PM
DutchShamrock

The story for this game is the center swap. I'm banking on some offensive production from the top 2 lines to the tune of 5 or 6 goals. The boards are overhyping the physically "weakness" of the Rangers once again. The only problem the blueshirts face is not respecting their opponent tonight. If they bring their lunchpails, an easy win for sure.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:39 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
CLMB-4
NYR-2

we get run out of the building buy a physically superior team, yet again. This is a washington-type team and we have all seen, except for two Philly games, how we handle those physical teams. But, hey, Lets sit Orr and Hollweg some more.

Last time we played a physically superior team we ended up matching there hits with hits and winning 3-2 vs the Flames. And the Blue Jackets are nowhere near as physical as the Flames are.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
***. Orite man. He's only been covering the team for the past whatever years, on an everyday basis. I think he knows more about the Rangers than me and you. He mentions our lack on an intimidator, and our lack of physical play, along with Renney not playing physical guys. He misses the physical hockey just like many of us do, and he watches the Rangers everyday
I agree. And as for the above post regarding the Calgary game? Ryan Hollwg set the tone for us that night when he came out in the 2nd period and hit everyone. He also planted Phanuef into the Falmes bench. The team fed off that and only then did we start hitting. Plus, we had Kasper in that game hitting everything, too. Well, no Kasper and now no Hollweg, tonight.

We will most likely get run out of the building id we dont dress Hollweg or Orr. IMO, they both should be dressed. Marcel Hossa isnt the answer on a 4th line. Renney is beggining to show me why Messier had him fired in Vancouver.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Bad feeling about this game.
Diddo. This is not team anyone should take lightly. We have had a bad tendency to do so in the past.

Lets hope Weekes doesn't show any rust.

Excited to see Nylander on the 2nd line and Rucchin where he belongs on the 3rd. Excited to see how Pock does if he plays.

LETS GO RANGERS!

Old
01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
gdflynn1*

Quote:
Like I said, I agree subtracting Hollweg for Hossa is stupid. Other than that, I am not going to lobby for Colton Orr to be in the lineup cause the other team has "fighters" - or better yet, say we are going to lose eveytime the oppenent puts more than 3 guys on the ice over 210 LBS.

And again, Brooks is an idiot.

Suzan Waldman covers the Yankees on an everyday basis as well.

Old
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Matt Foley*

Blue Jackets fan checking in here....

The Jackets are playing about as well as they have all season (that's not saying much, but we'll take anything compared to what we saw over the first two months of the season), mainly due to the Nash - Fedorov - Zherdev line; they've been on fire the last couple of weeks. The Balastik - Hrdina - Vyborny line hasn't been doing badly lately, either, providing some secondary scoring.

Here's hoping for a good, close game with both teams coming out unscathed on the injury front.

Old
01-16-2006, 02:07 PM
sickboy35

Columbus tough guys run our Czech Republic team right out of the building ! man, not saying Orr should play but Hossa? geez this team is full of wimps! 5-1 Columbus!

Old
01-16-2006, 02:09 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Another game where I don't know what Renney is thinking. Why is Hossa still on this team? In the 2002 season for the New York Giants, had three guys dooing everything, Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, and Amani Toomer, and in one game, I believe it was against the Eagles the announcers called the 2nd WR (Hilliard and Dixon were injured) window dressing, he doesn't do anything. That's what Hossa is, window dressing. He does NOTHING. We're definately losing this one. In the game against the Caps when we lost 5-1 we didn't have one, he were outphysicalled and outhustled. Hollweg is often the guy that wakes the Rangers up when they're sleeping with his hits. What are you thinking Renney? I'd understand is Hossa did something, but no he's window dressing.

Old
01-16-2006, 02:11 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
Columbus tough guys run our Czech Republic team right out of the building ! man, not saying Orr should play but Hossa? geez this team is full of wimps! 5-1 Columbus!
Hossa is a Slovak, he's not going to increase the amount of Czechs we have, nor the checks, unfortunately.

Old
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Like I said, I agree subtracting Hollweg for Hossa is stupid. Other than that, I am not going to lobby for Colton Orr to be in the lineup cause the other team has "fighters" - or better yet, say we are going to lose eveytime the oppenent puts more than 3 guys on the ice over 210 LBS.

And again, Brooks is an idiot.

Suzan Waldman covers the Yankees on an everyday basis as well.
Orite, nice opinion. Last time I checked...McGrattan plays every game for Ottawa, Domi for Toronto, Brashear for Philly, Janssen for NJ, Peters for Buffalo in their recent stretch too. Some of the top teams in our conference. Columbus has a bunch of bangers, can't wait tonight.

Old
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Hossa is a Slovak, he's not going to increase the amount of Czechs we have, nor the checks, unfortunately.
That doesn't make him a tough guy

Closed Thread