HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: 1/16/06 Rangers @ Blue Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
Dude, are you even a fan? Why do you continually bash the Rangers? Why don't you go start the Colton Orr fan club?
Because they play very boring, I can't get into the games. There's no hitting, it looks like figure skating with sticks and goals. I love the success, but it's hard to be emotional and passionate...just like Devil fans of old I'm sure

Old
01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Obviously he isn't. He only cares about hitting and fighting and not the rest of the game. Maybe that new female roller derby show would suit him more.
Wow...I certainly didn't wanna make this impression. No, your completely wrong sorry. I really don't enjoy the brand of hockey I'm watching right now...that's for sure, but I care and appreciate every aspect of the game. Every Ranger game is so hard to get into and enjoy because of the way the team plays. I know their winning, but it's all skating and finesse and PP's and PK's. No excitement or emotion from anyone. It's as if everytime they play, they love their opponents and are all friends, don't wanna hit anybody, wanna take it easy out there. All skill...no physical play or defensive agression. That's why I'm always begging for Orr. He'll bring the emotion and passion which is missing

Old
01-16-2006, 04:50 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Yep. Plus this is a western conference team. Also they've been playing better and this is on the road. A recipe for a loss. Remember we almost lost to St. Louis.
Tell me what the hit totals were in that game? Was Ryan Hollweg in the lineup? Colton Orr?

Old
01-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Orite, nice opinion. Last time I checked...McGrattan plays every game for Ottawa, Domi for Toronto, Brashear for Philly, Janssen for NJ, Peters for Buffalo in their recent stretch too. Some of the top teams in our conference. Columbus has a bunch of bangers, can't wait tonight.
Brasher and Domi are much better players then Orr, if we had any of them they would also play. Buffalo pretty much rolls 3 lines so Peters aren't hurting them on the 4th.

The facts are that our 4th line is really important for us. Renney is playing the best players. Tonight Hossa will move to Rucchins line and Ville into Hollwegs spot.

Old
01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Ola

Hopefully Pck will be use in a situation where he can succed tonight. He must play with Struds and shouldn't be used much in 5 on 5 situations, and when he is it can't be against Afinegenov and Co. If Thomas is used in the right situations he could make some really nice plays out there, go Pck!

Old
01-16-2006, 04:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Hopefully Pck will be use in a situation where he can succed tonight. He must play with Struds and shouldn't be used much in 5 on 5 situations, and when he is it can't be against Afinegenov and Co. If Thomas is used in the right situations he could make some really nice plays out there, go Pck!
We're not playing the Sabres

Old
01-16-2006, 04:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Brasher and Domi are much better players then Orr, if we had any of them they would also play. Buffalo pretty much rolls 3 lines so Peters aren't hurting them on the 4th.

The facts are that our 4th line is really important for us. Renney is playing the best players. Tonight Hossa will move to Rucchins line and Ville into Hollwegs spot.
How do you know, Orr hasn't been given a chance? He played every game with Boston, played real solid, and Bruin fans fell in love with him. You can't just judge him based on your own personal opinion. Hossa-Rucchin-Ward? Now Hossa is a checking winger, this is ridiculous. The whole point of moving Rucchin down was to get a solid checking line with 3 big checking wingers. Now Nieminen plays with Moore and Ortmeyer, geez. Hollweg shouldn't be out in the first place. If your gonna sit Hollweg, you should play Orr, that's a given for me...not only does Orr replace what Hollweg brings in his own way, he can be real useful tonight.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Another CBJ fan checking in here.
CBJ fans must be the nicest in the NHL.

Can't wait to see how Weekes, Hossa and Pock respond out there. Should be a really interesting game, but I'm not boold enough to make a prediction.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
MMMcasserole

Quote:
How do you know, Orr hasn't been given a chance? He played every game with Boston, played real solid, and Bruin fans fell in love with him. You can't just judge him based on your own personal opinion. Hossa-Rucchin-Ward? Now Hossa is a checking winger, this is ridiculous. The whole point of moving Rucchin down was to get a solid checking line with 3 big checking wingers. Now Nieminen plays with Moore and Ortmeyer, geez. Hollweg shouldn't be out in the first place. If your gonna sit Hollweg, you should play Orr, that's a given for me...not only does Orr replace what Hollweg brings in his own way, he can be real useful tonight.
Look at Orr's career stats.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMcasserole
Look at Orr's career stats.
Look at his GP. He doesn't need to score. He throws the body and fights. Alot more than what Hossa does. Skate around, trying to score goals (which he clearly cannot do).

Old
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Honestly, does every thread have to become the Coltor Orr debate?

Old
01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
ENOUGH OF THE ORR TALK!

This is the game day thread, nobody here wants to hear about why TBBB doesn't like the new NHL or his justification for liking Orr. Please end it already.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Lol. Well isn't he and Hollweg not playing, a part of the GDT?

Old
01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Lol. Well isn't he and Hollweg not playing, a part of the GDT?
Making mention it is, yes, but not debating Hollweg vs Orr for 4 pages, or telling us all why you like Orr and hate the new NHL, etc. This is not the thread for it. Keep it up and you'll be warned. End of discussion, take it to PM if you need to.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:22 PM
DougKnowsBest

CBJ fans are only nice because we have nothing realy to bark about yet. Once we start winning we will get real annoying.

My opinion of the game is a little different. I expect the czech players to be all wanting to play. Someones czech will take over the game.

Old
ArtVandelay

4 page GDT and the game hasn't even started yet?!?! Is there THAT much controversy?

Old
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
The second one and win.

look at the senators, they got toughness for the playoffs, people said they were too soft, well, when the playoffs come around and sather did not get some toughness WITH SKILL, then wed be in trouble.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandelay
4 page GDT and the game hasn't even started yet?!?! Is there THAT much controversy?
Amen.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Great little piece they just had on Tyutin on the pregame show, Tyutin even did an interview (I think thats the first time Ive heard him talk). Everyone is really impressed with him saying hes getting better and better as this season is moving along and he is responding very well to added responsibilities (PP Time, PK Time, More time on ice etc).

Assistant Coach Perry even said he thinks Tyutin has been there best defensmen.

Keep it up Toots!

Old
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Draft Guru

It was cool to hear him talk, he kept saying the word "like" constantly, but that's to be expected from a young kid still learning the langauge.

Here's hoping Sykora buries one and the Rangers win.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Watching the Columbus pre-game show and Gerard Gallant is talking about the previous animosity between the two teams, but that the Rangers are a much more skilled/fineesse team now and that he does'nt expect their to be any fisticuffs.

Old
01-16-2006, 05:52 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Thier announcers are saying how it used to be fun to hate the Rangers, but now they are a blue-coller hard working team. Brian Engblom also said that Jagr is without a doubt, the best player in the world..

Old
01-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Im not worried about CBJ, or their supposed toughness. Im worried that Weekes might just hang out and let in the weakest goals known to man... but I still dont sweat having to play those guys in the least.

Go Blueshirts.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-16-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old
01-16-2006, 06:01 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Finally back in NY, no more radio for me!!

5-3 Rangers win

Jagr, Prucha, Sykora, Nys, Toots

Old
01-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I'm scared to play them only because we have so much trouble in Columbus it seems.

When have the Jackets ever came to MSG? once?

Closed Thread