HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread '16-17 | Pitlick out for the year; Sekera out 6-9 months (May '17)

Old
04-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Kestrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
If there is any risk of infecting another player then I don't think either is a legit reason. If it goes to overtime he can return from the dressing room.
He's already been around the team all game, and travelled with them. Sending him to the dressing room after 2 periods is very unlikely to save anyone that he hasn't already infected.

Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 08:35 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Kassian on Gregor's show last night said he'd be shocked if Klef had the flu. Probably either had heat exhaustion or dehydration.

Which IMO could be a result of a guy that had the flu and still hadn't fully got back to 100%.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 08:37 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Kassian on Gregor's show last night said he'd be shocked if Klef had the flu. Probably either had heat exhaustion or dehydration.

Which IMO could be a result of a guy that had the flu and still hadn't fully got back to 100%.
"Had the Flu" or "Still has the Flu"

I get what Kassian (Matt I assume) is saying, but he could very well have the Flu, have gotten dehydrated while a Fever picked up a bit at the same time.

Either way, he didn't get hit, people have pointed that out.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Delicious Pancakes

So any news on Sekera?

I don't like the thought of putting Gryba in at this point in the defensive zone against a quick Ducks team. If he draws in at least with next game being in Edmonton they can try to shelter him a bit. I do like the thought of Gryba crushing some Ducks though.

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Consultant

Very curious about Klefbom, I imagine the team won't skate today/ travel day...

Consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 02:19 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
Very curious about Klefbom, I imagine the team won't skate today/ travel day...
TM said he'd be good to go for game 7. I guess that could change.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Consultant

Just hoping it not a cracked rib from that shot he took in the chest. If coach says he's ready to go then I guess they'll figure out a way regardless with freezing or pain meds... I imagine he won't skate for till tomorrow at earliest. We'll see.

Consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Hockey Nightmare

quote thing not working, but rishaug just tweeted that klefbom is on the ice and "is moving well"

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Is Pitlick practicing with the team? I noticed during the Nurse interview he was getting his gear on. Maybe just going for a skate on his own? I wonder how close he is?

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 08:43 PM
McSpecial Blend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Is Pitlick practicing with the team? I noticed during the Nurse interview he was getting his gear on. Maybe just going for a skate on his own? I wonder how close he is?
I noticed the same right now and came to see if we had any info.

McSpecial Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:56 AM
McFlyingV
#Free :]

vCash: 1567
Its only been what 4.5 months since he tore his ACL? I can't see him being ready to play unless it wasn't a complete grade 1 tear. I'd definitely be surprised to see him these playoffs, but if by some miracle he was back I would welcome him with open arms. He's got that Fernando Pisani vibe to him the way he started this season.

McFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlyingV View Post
Its only been what 4.5 months since he tore his ACL? I can't see him being ready to play unless it wasn't a complete grade 1 tear. I'd definitely be surprised to see him these playoffs, but if by some miracle he was back I would welcome him with open arms. He's got that Fernando Pisani vibe to him the way he started this season.
Maybe, sports medicine has come a LONG way, I'm not saying I expect him back, it just wouldn't utterly shock me. I'm curious how close he is, what a short in the arm that would be just have him at regular practice with the guys.

Old
05-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Kerricthebig
Jovial Imbecile

From Gregor this morning re: Pitlick

Kerricthebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerricthebig View Post
From Gregor this morning re: Pitlick

Sad Panda, go Pitlick, show those Doctors and push back in to the lineup.

Old
05-10-2017, 01:12 PM
McFlyingV
#Free :]

vCash: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi McJenkins View Post
Maybe, sports medicine has come a LONG way, I'm not saying I expect him back, it just wouldn't utterly shock me. I'm curious how close he is, what a short in the arm that would be just have him at regular practice with the guys.
Eh even with the advances 4.5 months is far too short of a healing and rehab time for a full ACL tear. That tweet pretty much reinforces that as I doubt a doctor would be willing to clear him even by the finals which would be at ~ 5 months post-op. I know he wants to get back in and we could use his speed, physicality, and offence from the 4th line, but I don't think it would be a smart long-term choice for him. Just get ready for next season because this team should be back in the dance all over again and he'll get his chance there if he can stay healthy.

McFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 01:54 PM
doulos

No reports on any Oiler injuries coming out of the playoffs? Or would those be revealed a little later?

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
No reports on any Oiler injuries coming out of the playoffs? Or would those be revealed a little later?
You'll likely hear more about it tomorrow when they have their Garbage Bag day & exit interviews.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2017, 03:04 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
You'll likely hear more about it tomorrow when they have their Garbage Bag day & exit interviews.
Really surprised that we never heard of any injuries beyond the obvious (Klefbom and Sekera).

05-14-2017, 05:12 AM
Spawn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Really surprised that we never heard of any injuries beyond the obvious (Klefbom and Sekera).
Did we ever hear specifically what happened to Sekera? I might have missed it during the end of season interviews.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Kerricthebig
Jovial Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Did we ever hear specifically what happened to Sekera? I might have missed it during the end of season interviews.
Score app just pinged the notification for me 6-9 months torn ACL

Kerricthebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerricthebig View Post
Score app just pinged the notification for me 6-9 months torn ACL
I wonder if they were going to re-evaluate his "ability to play" if they had gotten through the Ducks.

Hard to imagine he would have returned at all for the playoffs. I wonder who else was "really" banged up.

Old
05-31-2017, 04:52 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
I find it weird we haven't heard about more injuries. The Sens had a laundry list of them and Sekera was our only really hurt player?

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2017, 06:16 PM
Aceboogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x GreatKeith View Post
I find it weird we haven't heard about more injuries. The Sens had a laundry list of them and Sekera was our only really hurt player?
Because the laundry list of injuries is just excuses. "Sore foot" like ok not an injury, just listing excuses now

By how secret we were with injuries during the year when timetables mattered, I am not suprised. No benefit to disclosing any injuries to media besides looking for excuses

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 10:51 AM
McDraekke
5-14-6-1

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceboogie View Post
Because the laundry list of injuries is just excuses. "Sore foot" like ok not an injury, just listing excuses now

By how secret we were with injuries during the year when timetables mattered, I am not suprised. No benefit to disclosing any injuries to media besides looking for excuses
The infatuation that fans have with knowing everything about everything (also an issue with our society in general right now, but I suppose that's a discussion for a different forum), is getting a bit much. I'd prefer to not have injuries disclosed, but just give us a timeline of how long they are out for. Far too easy for a player to have an injury in a specific location get targeted by opposing players.

McDraekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Aceboogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDraekke View Post
The infatuation that fans have with knowing everything about everything (also an issue with our society in general right now, but I suppose that's a discussion for a different forum), is getting a bit much. I'd prefer to not have injuries disclosed, but just give us a timeline of how long they are out for. Far too easy for a player to have an injury in a specific location get targeted by opposing players.
I agree 100%. Teh Sens couldn't wait to run to the mic after they lost to shove injuries in the medias face, its embarrassing. Ducks tried to do the same thing

If there is surgery, disclose the time line and move on. Dont say "Oh player X had a sore foot"

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote