HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We want ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Iginla for Mayor

vCash: 500
We want ribeiro

i know that most montreal fans have a serious hate-on for ribeiro.... I think a change of scenerey (especially a place that doesn't have his homies) could do him some good. If any coach can turn him into a hard worker who plays a team game it would be sutter.

I am thinking about this:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

Dono gives you some speed and some serious grit. I know he hasn't done much offensively yet this year, but his point totals don't do justice to his play!

What do you guys think... (I would like to try something new to HF BOoards. It's called constructive critisism. That means if you doen't like my offer then post a counter offer rather then just piss on it.)

Old
01-16-2006, 06:45 PM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla for Mayor
i know that most montreal fans have a serious hate-on for ribeiro.... I think a change of scenerey (especially a place that doesn't have his homies) could do him some good. If any coach can turn him into a hard worker who plays a team game it would be sutter.

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

Dono gives you some speed and some serious grit. I know he hasn't done much offensively yet this year, but his point totals don't do justice to his play!

What do you guys think... (I would like to try something new to HF BOoards. It's called constructive critisism. That means if you doen't like my offer then post a counter offer rather then just piss on it.)

I would drive him to the airport myself! Heck I would even pack his bags for him!

Old
01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

Done and done...

where do I sign?

Old
TheRocket

I think it's not going to happen.Donovan is a warrior and can rack up some points to be a decent third liner but the problem is we have enough of these players in our team already.If you still had had Montador we could started talking.But this does not make much sense for us(IMHO)

Old
Pat

I really hope your name is Darryl Sutter and you want to make that deal. call Bob Gainey ASAP, he's at the Bell Center

Old
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

Words can't describe how bad Ribeiro is. He's slow, soft, lazy, and doesn't score goals. Actually, I guess I'm wrong. Words can describe that he's bad... but I can't find a single adjective that tells you exactly how much he sucks. He can't even keep up with Dagenais so don't expect him to see nothing but the back of Iginla's jersey in Calgary.

Old
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
gars59

Quote:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

i will prefer a deal like

dandenault+ribeiro
vs
leopold

i think that a good deal !!!! leopold struggle this years

Old
01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
yvresgyros

How would you take Ribs and a 3rd rounder for Jordin Leopold?

Would sound sweet to my ears.

Old
01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Iginla for Mayor

i will prefer a deal like

dandenault+ribeiro
vs
leopold

i think that a good deal !!!! leopold struggle this years

I bet you would... leopold is a rock. Yes he has had troubles scoring, but his solid positional play and defensive skills have more then made up for that. you would have to offer more for him. maybe sub ryder for ribeiro.

I stand by my orignal offer of

dovo, 2nd

for

ribs....

i think sutter could turn ribs into a real player... Sutter runs a "NO-BullSh#t" show here. Without his homeboys to distract him he would be more focused... his beauty passes would make iggy a perenial 50-60 goal man.

Old
01-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Mr. Hab

How about Chris Simon and a 2nd rounder for Ribeiro?

By the way...I really like your Flames! How can you not?!!
Iginla, Kiprusoff, Simon, Regehr, and of course...Phaneuf (he's gonna be a Scott Stevens with more offense).

Old
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Words can't describe how bad Ribeiro is. He's slow, soft, lazy, and doesn't score goals. Actually, I guess I'm wrong. Words can describe that he's bad... but I can't find a single adjective that tells you exactly how much he sucks.
Deep ?

Old
01-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Ribeiro is improving under Carbonneau but that is a nice deal, i like Donovan and a 2nd rounder is a good one from Calgary.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

It's an interesting offer. Comparible to the Calder from Chicago rumours. Donovan is a right winger correct? We have an abundance of RWs. I really like Donovan's speed and work ethic, but he's not what we need.

I think a lot of teams that contact Calgary about a trade are going to be inquiring about defencemen. Montador, mentioned above, was an interesting choice. He played very well for the Flames in the playoffs in 2004.

Leopold is someone we'd all like to have, but we're not about to give up Ryder for him. Ryder is on pace for near 40g this year. I predict he'll finish around 35, maybe more if he stays on the first line with K and K.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
Ribeiro is improving under Carbonneau but that is a nice deal, i like Donovan and a 2nd rounder is a good one from Calgary.
I dont know about the deal because i dont know a guy like Donovan enough, but why would you consider a 2nd rounder from Calgary "a good one"???

You know this snake draft was a one time affair. Calgary 2nd rounder will be in the 50's.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:14 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
How do you figure? He's had one game and maybe two skates with Guy. Ribs' play on Saturday was out of pure despiration. If he played like that most nights no one would want to send him packing.

Old
01-16-2006, 07:28 PM
jcpenny

Quote:

Donovan, 2nd rounder

for

Ribeiro

Ribs is a great playmaker, actually thats all he can do in this league. He wouldnt fit in the Flames system at all. Hes very slow, weak, no shot and pretty average defensively. When hes slumping hes the worst player to have on your team (except Dagenais).

Old
01-16-2006, 10:17 PM
RE-HABS

If Ribs can keep it up he looks quite good as trade bait, if he can keep it up and kepp his mouth shut and keep his attitude in check he looks quite good as a Hab.

I hope he keeps it up and we can at least get something reasonable in return.

Old
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
AD

The guy from the Flames I want: Leopold

Old
01-16-2006, 10:21 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
After tonight's performance...

Ribs

for

Iggy and a 1rst

Old
01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Pat

Ribs is on a roll, take him while he's hot

Ribs for Iginla and Phaneuf

Old
01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit
I would drive him to the airport myself! Heck I would even pack his bags for him!

Old
01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
I really hope your name is Darryl Sutter and you want to make that deal. call Bob Gainey ASAP, he's at the Bell Center

Old
01-16-2006, 10:26 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

on a more seriois note, how about Zednik and Ribeiro for Donavan and Leopold?

Old
01-16-2006, 10:31 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
You call me pathetic?!?!?!

You're nothing but a wanna be gm you spends his time posting crap like that on the net. I mean imagine the outrage.

Throw in Phaneuf and you got yourself a ******* deal
Boys boys... you both suck.

Iginla and his 7 million dollar contract... pshaaahh

I want Phaneuf and the 1st rounders for the next 5 years.

Old
01-16-2006, 10:37 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
Boys boys... you both suck.

Iginla and his 7 million dollar contract... pshaaahh

I want Phaneuf and the 1st rounders for the next 5 years.

How about a three way deal where we also get Ovechkin and Washington gets butt violated

Closed Thread