HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs & Oilers close to "deal"

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 09:46 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
Reports out of NYC, Buffalo & Edmonton are suggesting the Habs are close to dealing Jose Theodore to the Oilers for schremp, conklin, laraque & dvorak.

opinions?
Huet for Shremp or no deal.

Old
01-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I'm not that high on Shremp. I'll let you guys guess what i would think of this deal with that said...

Old
01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Seriously though, for the Habs to move Theodore they would have to have one key player back. Maybe a d-man and an offensive center along with Schremp

Old
01-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Teufelsdreck

Theodore isn't going to be traded, so it's a waste of time to speculate about which players Edmonton or another team will give in return.

Old
01-17-2006, 10:16 AM
habitue*

Theo is going nowhere. He is back on track and he will be the major reason if we make the play offs. The only players that I see leaving Montreal are Zednik, Komisarek or Ribeiro.

Old
01-17-2006, 10:17 AM
gars59

laraque was scracht ?

probably ferland for laraque , something like this !

rumor rumor rumor !

Old
01-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Nihilism

Schremp - Bad attitude but very talented. Wouldn't get along with the Canadiens media.

Conklin - Decent two years ago, struggling this season. An American as the #1 goalie in Montreal? Thought I'd never see the day.

Laraque - Always liked him. Would be solid on the fourth.

Dvorak - A Czech version of Richard Zednik.

Old
01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism
Schremp - Bad attitude but very talented. Wouldn't get along with the Canadiens media.

Conklin - Decent two years ago, struggling this season. An American as the #1 goalie in Montreal? Thought I'd never see the day.

Laraque - Always liked him. Would be solid on the fourth.

Dvorak - A Czech version of Richard Zednik.
Dvorak is more talented, faster and bigger than Zed but very injury prone. Shremp is a great talent only on the PP. Every game ive watched from this guy he was invisible 5-5 but would come to life when PP time came. Pretty much the american version of ribeiro with a way better shot.

Old
01-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
What I've learned whenever a rumour about a Habs trade comes up on these boards from other fans:

Hab fans should be grateful that other teams even consider our worthless players and our trading partner is always being fleeced no matter what the deal.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM

This rumour is ridiculous...

Bob Gainey is sticking with Theodore until the end of the season, he'll re-evaluate his options then...

But trading Theodore right now, especially for a much less accomplished goalie, sends the wrong message to Habs fans...and with recent events, that's not what they want to do...

Gainey is a smart man, one of the most respected hockey people in the industry...right now he's doing the right thing, he's putting Theodore back in nets and hoping he finds his game and confidence again...

I don't find Theodore has looked great the last two games, but he's looked better than any point the last few weeks, with a few wins under his belt hopefully it boosts his confidence level to the point where it needs to be...because really, that's what I think is the biggest problem with Theodore's game right now...his confidence

Old
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Avant-Gardien

I don't buy this one in the least. Maybe there is an EDM-MTL trade in the works, but after the remarks Gainey made in the last couple games about this being Théo's team and Théo's much-improved performance in the last couple games, this doesn't seem likely. Plus, what the hell would we do with Conklin?

Old
01-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

EDMONTON needs a goalie bad, we don't need to get rid of Theo, so whose in control. Edmonton and 5 other teams are desperate for a goalie. So boys and girls guess who is in control. BOB GAINEY

If Edmonton wants him bad enough we ask for Bergeron and Stoll/Moreau and Laraque + a very good prospect for Theo and Bouillon

I would rather have Bertuzzi though

Old
01-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhollah Khomeini
I don't buy this one in the least. Maybe there is an EDM-MTL trade in the works, but after the remarks Gainey made in the last couple games about this being Théo's team and Théo's much-improved performance in the last couple games, this doesn't seem likely. Plus, what the hell would we do with Conklin?
There must be some benefit to having a Conk and a Bonk in the lineup... Donkey Kong tournaments?

Old
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Pax Macioretty

apperently the guy who said it on 1260AM predicted both the trades of Peca and Pronger, Gainey can keep a trade secret, but Lowe can he? Hey we can get Bergeron, we'd be set for our powerplay with Markov,Souray, Bergeron and Streit with maybe Kovalev too, what if we can get Torres? or Schremp, or get rid of Zednick witch would make a permenent spot to Kostytsin, or move average Dandenault, or get finally get rid of Ribeiro to make Bulis our 2nd center? i really hope that this trade does happen...

just for the fun that something did happen this year

Old
01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
Gainey is making this go out to the media so that Colorado and Vancouver come back with better deals!
Seems pretty obvious to me as well. Not just Vancouver and Colorado but any other team who thinks they could beat that offer... By the time the trade deadline rolls around, Gainey will have 5 - 6 good solid offers to chose from.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
apperently the guy who said it on 1260AM predicted both the trades of Peca and Pronger, Gainey can keep a trade secret, but Lowe can he? Hey we can get Bergeron, we'd be set for our powerplay with Markov,Souray, Bergeron and Streit with maybe Kovalev too, what if we can get Torres? or Schremp, or get rid of Zednick witch would make a permenent spot to Kostytsin, or move average Dandenault, or get finally get rid of Ribeiro to make Bulis our 2nd center? i really hope that this trade does happen...

just for the fun that something did happen this year
Typical Habs fans comment...they just want trades to happen for the sake of discussing it, even if like in this case, it makes absolutely no sense...

I have a question for those who think this is a good deal for the Habs...

Will Conklin, Laraques and Dvorak even be in the NHL in 2 or 3 years?

If Lowe wants Theodore...

He should start by bringing up Ryan Smyth or Raffi Torres + ???? + ????

Old
01-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Typical Habs fans comment...they just want trades to happen for the sake of discussing it, even if like in this case, it makes absolutely no sense...

Agree!!!!

If that trade happened it would be worst than the Roy deal so in no way things like that would happen. Any of Bergeron, Smyth, Torres, Moreau or Stoll will need to be included and prospects like Jacques or Schremp or Cogliano will need to be as well (even though I'm not sold on Schremp and Cogliano...)

With Theodore it's either we stick with him til death, or we trade him knowing that we have tremendous return for him. We won't deal him and have returns like the Roy deal or with big question marks....

What about Pronger for Theo???

Old
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 660
If anyone would come up with a rumor like : Ivanas , Bonk , Huet and Mikus to Vancouver for Bertuzzi .. they would get ripped apart fast i think it's similar to the rumor coming from Edmonton .

Old
01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Teufelsdreck

This thread is getting ridiculous. When I opened it I thought it might have some substance. I was wrong.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL

easy there buddy that was the joke part, typical Hfboard member who think's he's another GM... but to talk about the rumor, do you actually think that Conklin,Laraques or Dvorak are the key parts of the deal? more like a simple salary dump going the other way, a Murray-Bégin-Laraques would make a awesome 4th though, a real one! No deal with Edmonton for Theo is going to be completed without one of Scremp, Smyth,Moreau,Jaques,Bergeron or Pronger going the other way that's for sure...

Old
01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
paddy

Bad deal. If the key player coming is Robbie Schremp, then it could be worse than the Roy deal. Schremp has a lot of skills, but he has a questionnable attitude and floats most of the time. He's a little like Ribs, in that he'll put up decent numbers, but you'll never win a cup with a guy like him as a key player. Believe, people will want to trade him after 2-3 years.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Matrix

Quote:
easy there buddy that was the joke part, typical Hfboard member who think's he's another GM... but to talk about the rumor, do you actually think that Conklin,Laraques or Dvorak are the key parts of the deal? more like a simple salary dump going the other way, a Murray-Bégin-Laraques would make a awesome 4th though, a real one! No deal with Edmonton for Theo is going to be completed without one of Scremp, Smyth,Moreau,Jaques,Bergeron or Pronger going the other way that's for sure...
I think that what 417 tried to say, and I'm sure he'll gladly explain it as well, is that as Habs fans and maybe some other fans as well, we just love when trades happen not only because we have certain needs but just because we want to either whine about it or be happy about it, and this based on what you said at the end of your message, ''just for the fun that something happen''.

We would be 50-0, we still would find some problem with our team and wished a trade just because it's fun to talk about it. But I think that the vast majority of the fans knows that this deal, as mentioned on this radiostation, is way too onesided for the Oils and it's kinda refreshing since we're usually the ones that keeps reporting trades that are good for us but not for the other team.

Old
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
Bad deal. If the key player coming is Robbie Schremp, then it could be worse than the Roy deal. Schremp has a lot of skills, but he has a questionnable attitude and floats most of the time. He's a little like Ribs, in that he'll put up decent numbers, but you'll never win a cup with a guy like him as a key player. Believe, people will want to trade him after 2-3 years.
Some fans at the Oils boards said something that I could agree with. Schremp could turn down to be a Mike Comrie type of player and if this happen, and we traded Theo for him and other ''garbage'' this could really turn down as worst than the Roy deal, that's why Bob won't do it.

Old
01-17-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I know you were joking, that's why I said that...and you are right, I do tend to try and think like a GM, which is why that deal makes no sense on any level you look at it...

Salary dump or not, it's horrible, if a salary dump is all were looking for, we can get a better one...

Either way, if Oilers want Theodore...let's start talking Jason Smith + Raffi Torres + a prospect...

Old
01-17-2006, 12:05 PM
AH

Soem guy on th eOilers board suggested

Moreau + Laraque for Theodore and Komisarek.

See..... its not only Habs fans that come up with lobsided proposals.

Closed Thread